Page 276 of 292 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4378
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Rogue's relationship was Mystique was also more or less ignored in S1 and not really explored until the second season. I think they were able to get away with it there because of Mystique's shapeshifting powers. I also really liked the Iceman episode and it being established that he was a former member. I can't remember if Lorna was considered one as well but she didn't show up in Xavier's dream/flashback. Huh, I can't remember Wolverine in the brown and tan costume.

I agree, I think that would be a great way to incorporate Kitty and establish that she helped develop Logan more into the Wolverine we know today. That she brought out a softness in him, the protector part of him.
    IIRC, Lorna was part of the X-men, and that's how she and Bobby met. They both left the team together, but then Lorna eventually disappeared, which is what kicks off the episode's plot in the present-day.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    IIRC, Lorna was part of the X-men, and that's how she and Bobby met. They both left the team together, but then Lorna eventually disappeared, which is what kicks off the episode's plot in the present-day.
    Thank you for confirming. I guess she wasn't considered important enough for Xavier to remember in his flashback episode with Shadow King lol but at least she was technically a former X-Man. I think Alex wasn't since Scott didn't know him.

I want John Proudstar to be among the mutants introduced and part of the team. I don't care about comics canon, etc.

Unless they have a TV based X-Men show that can deal with the O5 with 10 or 12 episodes, it's not going to be satisfying to do one movie with them, then all of a sudden jump into the Giant Sized X-Men #1 team with Wolverine, etc.

I am disinterested in the Dark Phoenix storyline. They don't have to try this again. Leave it alone. Do it in an animated mini series at best. stop trying to make that arc into a live action Godfather film or something.

I rather skip ahead to gen x or the academy x kids than start with the 05 or Giant Size X-men.

Diversity is also a concern and i rather promote lesser known POC characters than getting into the racebending quagmire.

A mix of Gen x, Academy X, and Giant Size with the 05 in the background would be ideal.

Just hope the small minded people are prepared for a few mutants to be race swapped.

I’m so curious to see how Disney casts the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I am disinterested in the Dark Phoenix storyline. They don't have to try this again. Leave it alone. Do it in an animated mini series at best. stop trying to make that arc into a live action Godfather film or something.
    But do the Phoenix Saga instead. X-Men vs. the Shi'Ar empire—maybe bringing the Brood in—and turning Jean into the Phoenix where she is saving the universe. No need to adapt the Dark Phoenix Saga but there are so many elements of this storyline that have never been adapted and still could work beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    But do the Phoenix Saga instead. X-Men vs. the Shi'Ar empire—maybe bringing the Brood in—and turning Jean into the Phoenix where she is saving the universe. No need to adapt the Dark Phoenix Saga but there are so many elements of this storyline that have never been adapted and still could work beautifully.
    Not to mention the X-Men in space is something we haven't seen onscreen (unless you count the first 10 minutes of Dark Phoenix which I certainly don't). Would love to finally see the Shi'ar and Brood onscreen, as well as the M'Kraan Crystal, Xavier/Lilandra's relationship, Storm breaking her vow of taking a life, the Imperial Guard, Deathbird's evil empire against Lilandra's rebellion, etc. Carol Danvers could easily be involved as well.

Spectacular Member

Small minded lol ok zombie

Not to mention the X-Men in space is something we haven't seen onscreen (unless you count the first 10 minutes of Dark Phoenix which I certainly don't). Would love to finally see the Shi'ar and Brood onscreen, as well as the M'Kraan Crystal, Xavier/Lilandra's relationship, Storm breaking her vow of taking a life, the Imperial Guard, Deathbird's evil empire against Lilandra's rebellion, etc. Carol Danvers could easily be involved as well.
    no sorry, Carol can't come. She is in a coma because they adapt Rogue's attack on her as the first 10 minutes of the new MCU X-Men movie!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want John Proudstar to be among the mutants introduced and part of the team. I don't care about comics canon, etc.

Unless they have a TV based X-Men show that can deal with the O5 with 10 or 12 episodes, it's not going to be satisfying to do one movie with them, then all of a sudden jump into the Giant Sized X-Men #1 team with Wolverine, etc.

I seriously doubt we're gonna get the O5 (except maybe in flashbacks or a prequel Disney+ series or whatever if the X-men are already well-established in the present-day). Most likely we'll get either the TAS cast or some variation of the ANAD/Claremont-era cast.

I'm not interested in the Dark Pheonix Saga either. I get the feeling Mr. Sinister might be the overarching villain of the reboot which is perfect, since he has ties to a bunch of characters. He can be tied into the Super Soldier Program/Weapon X and thus Wolverine, he has ties to Cyclops and Jean (and Cable), he has ties to Gambit etc.

Wouldn't be my first preference but I agree that this could make for a great film. Jean as Pheonix tends to be seen as a prelude to the Dark Pheonix Saga these days, but it can be an interesting status quo for the character. Of course, once you do the Pheonix Saga, inevitably people start expecting the Dark Pheonix Saga, so there's that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I get the feeling Mr. Sinister might be the overarching villain of the reboot which is perfect, since he has ties to a bunch of characters. He can be tied into the Super Soldier Program/Weapon X and thus Wolverine, he has ties to Cyclops and Jean (and Cable), he has ties to Gambit etc.
    I agree. He'd be ideal for all these reasons. Plus, we've never seen him in live action.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather skip ahead to gen x or the academy x kids than start with the 05 or Giant Size X-men.

Diversity is also a concern and i rather promote lesser known POC characters than getting into the racebending quagmire.
    making lesser known X-MEN into stars > racebending imo

but you also have to factor in the extreme fan bases of individual X-MEN characters and if they aren’t included the negative backlash online (like a polaris not being included in 97 for example lol)

id do a team like this with like mix of first class/giant size/deadly genesis.. has diversity and more female than male.. but not sure if anyone would like this roster.. just an idea

cyclops
    marvel girl
    storm
    wolverine
    thunderbird
    petra
    sway

and then maybe some ppls like dr reyes & forge for tech/support but not in field idk
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-27-2024 at 08:07 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    making lesser known X-MEN into stars > racebending imo

but you also have to factor in the extreme fan bases of individual X-MEN characters and if they aren’t included the negative backlash online (like a polaris not being included in 97 for example lol)
    Eventually you have to say enough is enough with the complaining.

Do you want a racebent Rogue or Monet?

Whose fault is it for all these under used and developed POC at Marvel?

Did we NOT have 2 GOTG movies with a talking raccoon that was not used for almost 20 years? Same with the girl talking to squirrels?

The public does not care about icon status or how many books someone has.

We have had characters with less than zero do more than those with a ton of crap.

Let the extreme whine.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Eventually you have to say enough is enough with the complaining.

Do you want a racebent Rogue or Monet?

i want M > racebent rogue 100%.. but i don’t want M in X-MEN until later down the road cuss i kinda wanna loosely base things off the books with how ppl join and not take away from splinter teams etc

but ye gotg shows they can make these ppl popular.. ive always subscribed to X-MEN >any individual X-MAN (but im a person without a favorite mutant)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Some of you guys do realize the optics (fictional or not) about a cast of white people living at a sprawling mansion and armed with superpowers complaining about how the world doesn’t accept them and they don’t have the same opportunities as regular people is tone deaf as hell right?

Give me indigenous Wolverine, black Rogue, AND still M.

People will deal.