Page 252 of 282 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4227

Gotcha. Had not seen that. There's a rumor going around that they'll have new costumes by the end of the season in the cartoon, and I think some folks were basically doing 2+2=7 math and thinking it was either connected to the recent comic book relaunch or their MCU debut.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Who said he is going to be in Avenger movies? Also RDJ was that age when he appeared in Iron Man.
    the physical requirements for Iron Man & Wolverine are completely different come on now. and im just hoping wolverine splits time in other franchises because i don’t want him hogging the screen time in X-MEN
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    the physical requirements for Iron Man & Wolverine are completely different come on now. and im just hoping wolverine splits time in other franchises because i don’t want him hogging the screen time in X-MEN
    That's what they have stunt doubles for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gotcha. Had not seen that. There's a rumor going around that they'll have new costumes by the end of the season in the cartoon, and I think some folks were basically doing 2+2=7 math and thinking it was either connected to the recent comic book relaunch or their MCU debut.
    I think they might adapt the Grant Morrison era.

I think they might adapt the Grant Morrison era.
    I don't think so. This show is hinging on the 90s aesthetics. That's what people want to see and why Disney/Marvel brought this show back to cater to nostalgia and when the X-Men were at their peak. And it looks like the MCU will also rely on this era for future X-Men costumes. It wouldn't make sense to abandon these looks after only one season.
    If there are costume changes, it'll probably be some of the classic 70s/80s costumes like we've seen for Storm. I can see Jean becoming Phoenix again and using that costume or Wolverine getting his brown and tan costume since even that technically was what he wore in the early 90s and during X-Men #1. Magneto might get his headmaster costume instead of the big M one he's currently sporting.
    And the black leather look has not been popular. Marvel has been turning away from that, especially with the X-Men. Wouldn't make sense to go to that in a show based entirely on the 90s when the black leather look was completely antithetical to the 90s. Just as Morrison's run is completely antithetical to the 90s.

That's what they have stunt doubles for.
    yup guess we’ll find out one way or the other next year

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And the black leather look has not been popular. Marvel has been turning away from that, especially with the X-Men. Wouldn't make sense to go to that in a show based entirely on the 90s when the black leather look was completely antithetical to the 90s. Just as Morrison's run is completely antithetical to the 90s.
    would be so disappointing if they went back to that for the reboot
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

yup guess we’ll find out one way or the other next year.
    I don't think we are going to see Wolverine recast for a while. Not immediately after Hugh Jackman's Wolverine at least.

I don't think we are going to see Wolverine recast for a while. Not immediately after Hugh Jackman's Wolverine at least.
    if D&W does a billion you’re probably right :-(

if D&W does a billion you’re probably right :-(
    Yeah, any new actor would be overshadowed by Hugh. Similar to what happened with the prequel X-Men cast and Solo.

New promotional art for Deadpool 3...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    New promotional art for Deadpool 3...

Seriously, what was Fox's problem? We should've seen Jackman in the full costume eons ago.

But this looks good.

I didn't notice this before. But Deadpool & Wolverine is also credited as a 20th Century Studios property. Does 20th Century Studios still technically own the film rights? That would kinda make sense since the last X-Men movie (New Mutants) was only 3-4 years ago and so their deal with Marvel has not expired yet.
    Turns out that the upcoming Fantastic Four film is also credited as a 20th Century Studios co-production. This further suggests that the film rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four never actually reverted back to Marvel, contrary to popular brief.

Turns out that the upcoming Fantastic Four film is also credited as a 20th Century Studios co-production. This further suggests that the film rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four never actually reverted back to Marvel, contrary to popular brief.
    Maybe the costs of transferring property are too high and unnecessary.

20th Century Studios is still owned by Disney.
    Dark does not mean deep.

“ 20th Century Studios, Inc. is an American film studio currently owned by the Walt Disney Studios, a division of Disney Entertainment, in turn a division of The Walt Disney Company. It is headquartered at the Fox Studio Lot in the Century City area of Los Angeles, leased from Fox Corporation. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures distributes and markets the films produced by 20th Century Studios in theatrical markets.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I have to say that X-Men '97 raised the bar considerably for the MCU reboot... and if Deadpool & Wolverine is as good as I expect it to be, the mutants will be on a white-hot streak.

I think at this stage Marvel should also seriously consider bringing back Beau DeMayo - as showrunner, all the praise the cartoon is receiving is in no small part thanks to his work. If he doesn't get along with the Animation people anymore I say let him write the live-action reboot, because he's certainly earned it.