Page 260 of 288 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4311
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So you guys must be aware that Taylor Swift is infamous for including Easter Eggs in her songs.

This is the very last verse of her new album that just dropped

^That last line is how the entire album ends. It's too much of a coincidence and knowing her past behavior...
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    No one has mentioned this but Taylor Swift's new album has led to a lot of speculation that she may have been cast as Dazzler. She has a tendency to hint at things in her personal life in her lyrics.
    https://screenrant.com/deadpool-and-...zler-dazzling/

they talked bout few pages back idk to feel about it because i don’t think she’d be committed to a ongoing role
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Amazing Member

Yeah the recent moves make things confusing but I still think the general idea is to do a last hurrah with the fox actors leading to secret wars and then do a full recast (except Deadpool maybe).

I'm curious about the Xmen '97 revival though, like did they just do it for fun? Testing the waters for whatever tone the MCU will have?

I feel like there have been so many rumors about the FOX actors appearing in Secret Wars and some of them, Wolverine and Deadpool included, sticking around until then that we won't see a recasting until after that. However, with adamantium allegedly showing up in the MCU in Captain America 4, perhaps these things can happen simultaneously? I mean, there was a rumor that one of the Wolverine variants in DP&W is going to be the MCU version... which some took to mean Jackman, but could be Henry Cavill or someone else like Taron Egerton too (I do maintain that there's no way it's Harry Potter, though, and that variant will only be included for laughs as him as Logan is simply ridiculous). Jackman's Logan could still cross over, but would be the FOX version who is older and would really be more like when OML came over for a bit after the comic version of Secret Wars. So I could see a scenario where we have some FOX-men variants crossover and be involved in SW, but also get some MCU versions played by younger actors.

At this stage, nobody knows. Everyone acting like they do is just trying to connect all the dots like anyone else. Nothing is definitive at this point from anything I've seen and so it's still wide open and I don't really know what to expect.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Yeah that's true, it's still quite far out. There an article months ago about them taking pitches for the x-men film then nothing.

I wonder if the latest x-books editorial trying more solo titles is vaguely for synergistic reasons, like wanting more solo material to adapt in the future

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I liked Cyclops in the first movie though, that's still the character's best live action appearance
    Yeah, I think so, too. I liked him in X-Men: Apocalypse, but I didn't feel like Tye Sheridan fit the role as well as Marsden did. I think Marsden was good in the role, but obviously wasn't given a lot to work with. I like a lot of those movies quite a bit, but they never did a great job balancing the characters. But you did have some cool stuff like Days of Future Past, Kelsey Grammar being pretty perfect casting and two sets of perfect casting for Xavier and Magneto. I could watch Fassbender as a James Bond-esque Nazi hunter and Mcavoy's boozy Xavier all day.

Like I said, I don't expect to get the MCU X-Men until after Secret Wars. Until then, I think it's cool to give the Fox versions one last hurrah for the Multiverse Saga.

But when the MCU does their version of the X-Men, I agree that it should be a fresh start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like there have been so many rumors about the FOX actors appearing in Secret Wars and some of them, Wolverine and Deadpool included, sticking around until then that we won't see a recasting until after that. However, with adamantium allegedly showing up in the MCU in Captain America 4, perhaps these things can happen simultaneously? I mean, there was a rumor that one of the Wolverine variants in DP&W is going to be the MCU version... which some took to mean Jackman, but could be Henry Cavill or someone else like Taron Egerton too (I do maintain that there's no way it's Harry Potter, though, and that variant will only be included for laughs as him as Logan is simply ridiculous). Jackman's Logan could still cross over, but would be the FOX version who is older and would really be more like when OML came over for a bit after the comic version of Secret Wars. So I could see a scenario where we have some FOX-men variants crossover and be involved in SW, but also get some MCU versions played by younger actors.

At this stage, nobody knows. Everyone acting like they do is just trying to connect all the dots like anyone else. Nothing is definitive at this point from anything I've seen and so it's still wide open and I don't really know what to expect.
    Yeah, we've had Stewart, Grammar and now Jackman, Reynolds (and the guy that played Pyro) all showing up for multiverse stuff and I remember Mardsen making some comment about how the new Deadpool movie was shooting right next door to something he was filming, so I wouldn't be shocked if we see him too.

Everything we know and that's rumored suggests the Fox-men are sticking around for the Multiverse Saga. I think it's cool. Those movies and the Raimi Spider-Man are really what caused the beginning of the superhero movie boom. Prior to those, decent, big budget superhero movies were few and far between. The X-Men movies weren't perfect, but they walked so the MCU could run, you know?

And I think Secret Wars is almost certain to have a scene with Jackman, Maguire and RDJ. Kind of one last celebration of the three big original pillars of Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    they talked bout few pages back idk to feel about it because i don’t think she’d be committed to a ongoing role
    I don't think she'd be a major character. Probably just have a cameo for a few minutes tops. Maybe make sporadic appearances for more cameos in later films if there was interest.

New Deadpool & Wolverine trailer is coming out tomorrow according to Hugh Jackman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    New Deadpool & Wolverine trailer is coming out tomorrow according to Hugh Jackman.
    and RYAN REYNOLDS (starting to hate his D-Pool voice!)

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-21-2024 at 05:15 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Looks great and I love the costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Let's f***ing go indeed!!!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

“you were an X-MAN.. you were THE X-MAN” smh
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Eh, I was expecting more to be honest. It doesn’t look as fun as I thought it would be.
    “You were THE X-man” sums up my biggest problem with the FoX-Men.
    And young Cassandra Nova looks really really off.
    I hope they’re keeping the good stuff for later. This feels the same as every other pre-MCU X-men movie, except Wolverine has a comics accurate costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Eh, I was expecting more to be honest. It doesn’t look as fun as I thought it would be.
    “You were THE X-man” sums up my biggest problem with the FoX-Men.
    And young Cassandra Nova looks really really off.
    I hope they’re keeping the good stuff for later. This feels the same as every other pre-MCU X-men movie, except Wolverine has a comics accurate costume.
    Good it lioks like its from that universe.

Anybody notice the Old Man Logan referrences?