Page 258 of 288 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4310

Im hoping the MCU starts out with the Gen x or Academy X groups.

Personally I hope they go with a total recast, in my point of view there is very little to be gained by continuing with the Fox movies actors and character arcs. To be honest I'm biased because of the awful portrayal of Cyclops in those movies, but I really think a total recast is the smarter choice.

Let's be real here, the only characters that left an actual impression are Wolverine/Hugh Jackman, Magneto/Ian McKellan and Xavier/Patrick Stewart. The rest of the cast, even those well received didn't leave any lasting stamp on the characters, at least no any positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Personally I hope they go with a total recast, in my point of view there is very little to be gained by continuing with the Fox movies actors and character arcs. To be honest I'm biased because of the awful portrayal of Cyclops in those movies, but I really think a total recast is the smarter choice.

Let's be real here, the only characters that left an actual impression are Wolverine/Hugh Jackman, Magneto/Ian McKellan and Xavier/Patrick Stewart. The rest of the cast, even those well received didn't leave any lasting stamp on the characters, at least no any positive.
    Finally, someone who speaks English.

Anyway...Disney+ added X-Men 97 to the MCU Multiverse Saga section. Despite the fact that the creator said that the show wasn't canon to the MCU and is it's own thing. Obviously, this wasn't planned in advance otherwise it would have been added to the section from the start. The show's popularity has clearly exceeded Disney/Marvel's expectations and now they're trying to use it to create good publicity for the MCU (because they REALLY need it).

I suspect Disney would want the live-action X-Men to be something like X-Men 97 now.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-20-2024 at 03:49 PM.

I still halfway suspect that the season finale of the cartoon might end with them in their MCU costumes, and the versions we will meet in DP&W are variants from this cartoon universe and this is what they look like in live action (played by the old FOX actors). Probably not, but it’s possible I suppose. And I wouldn’t hate it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Anyway...Disney+ added X-Men 97 to the MCU Multiverse Saga section. Despite the fact that the creator said that the show wasn't canon to the MCU and is it's own thing. Obviously, this wasn't planned in advance otherwise it would have been added to the section from the start. The show's popularity has clearly exceeded Disney/Marvel's expectations and now they're trying to use it to create good publicity for the MCU (because they REALLY need it).

I suspect Disney would want the live-action X-Men to be something like X-Men 97 now.
    Interesting. I've heard many speculate that Xavier from MoM or at least Beast from The Marvels is supposed to represent the live-action versions of X-Men '97. Maybe there's truth to that after all. And there's speculation that Beau DeMayo is working on the X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still halfway suspect that the season finale of the cartoon might end with them in their MCU costumes, and the versions we will meet in DP&W are variants from this cartoon universe and this is what they look like in live action (played by the old FOX actors). Probably not, but it’s possible I suppose. And I wouldn’t hate it.
    Is the Hugh Jackman Wolverine supposed to be the FoX-Men movies Wolverine plucked from the timeline before the events of Logan or would he be the X-Men '97 Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Is the Hugh Jackman Wolverine supposed to be the FoX-Men movies Wolverine plucked from the timeline before the events of Logan or would he be the X-Men '97 Wolverine?
    It is the former according to Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman.

I would also like to add: If Deadpool & Wolverine is a huge success than Disney and Marvel are probably going to make an Avenger/X-Men multiverse crossover movie ASAP.

I would also like to add: If Deadpool & Wolverine is a huge success than Disney and Marvel are probably going to make an Avenger/X-Men multiverse crossover movie ASAP.
    I know people have been speculating on that for a while and that Secret Wars might feature that or lead to it. And it's also clear that Marvel is going to want to bring back the heavy hitters like Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, ScarJo, etc. because most of the current cast does not have the same appeal. This image has been circulating recently for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I know people have been speculating on that for a while and that Secret Wars might feature that or lead to it. And it's also clear that Marvel is going to want to bring back the heavy hitters like Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, ScarJo, etc. because most of the current cast does not have the same appeal. This image has been circulating recently for a reason.
    They can only really bring back Chris Evans since his character isn't dead. Steve is an old man and they could used him as a counterpart to Professor X. Both being elderly leaders of their respective teams.

They can only really bring back Chris Evans since his character isn't dead. Steve is an old man and they could used him as a counterpart to Professor X. Both being elderly leaders of their respective teams.
    I've heard Chris Evans is coming back but not for Captain America 4 but a separate film. The others could be resurrected or we might get their multiverse versions. I think Hugh Jackman in particular said he wanted to work with Chris Evans.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is not how Marvel works. That is the kind of dumb stuff DC/WB does which is why they are starting from scratch again. Your putting way way to much power in Deadpool 3 to think it will make Marvel drop all their plans and rush out a Avengers/X-men movie like that. It will not happen. Marvel has had a general plan for the X-Men ever since they got them back from Fox, and I doubt that has really changed and using all the Fox-Men cast has never been in the cards. I mean Jackman would be pushing 60 by the time they start filming the first X-Men movie and he already walked away once because he couldn't take staying in that kind of shape anymore. I am almost 100% sure he only came back to do this one movie and then he is out for good.

Plus again as much as you may love the Fox-Men the originals are all way to old. Marvel wants to be able to run this franchise for a good decade at least so they have to cast younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not how Marvel works. That is the kind of dumb stuff DC/WB does which is why they are starting from scratch again. Your putting way way to much power in Deadpool 3 to think it will make Marvel drop all their plans and rush out a Avengers/X-men movie like that. It will not happen.
    Again, they had two box office flops last year and the ratings for the MCU shows are dropping. Marvel Studios is already in the process of changing their plans (they have delayed projects). Bob Iger said that they have dropped projects that weren't strong enough and will focus on their stronger projects. So I doubt we will be seeing a fourth Ant-Man movie and third Captain Marvel movie.

You have to remember that Marvel Studios is a business at the end of the day. It would be dumb for them to continue a plan that isn't working out and making them lose money.

Marvel has had a general plan for the X-Men ever since they got them back from Fox
    Did Marvel Studios ever reveal what their general plan for the X-Men was?

using all the Fox-Men cast has never been in the cards.
    The MCU cast suggest otherwise. Do you have inside information on Marvel Studios or something?

I mean Jackman would be pushing 60 by the time they start filming the first X-Men movie
    A X-Men movie is going into production next year according to Production Weekly. Marvel was looking for pitches last year.

he already walked away once because he couldn't take staying in that kind of shape anymore. I am almost 100% sure he only came back to do this one movie and then he is out for good.
    Hugh said that if a X-Men/Avenger crossover was on the table he would have paused his retirement. After the Disney-Fox deal happened Sebastian Stan told him that it was now on the table and Hugh thought about it. So Hugh might be back for an Avenger crossover.

Plus again as much as you may love the Fox-Men the originals are all way to old. Marvel wants to be able to run this franchise for a good decade at least so they have to cast younger.
    Are you just going to ignore my point about Pedro Pascal as Reed? And all the other middle-age actors Marvel got in the recent years? Hell, even RDJ and Sam Jackman were 43 and 60 when the first Iron Man released.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-20-2024 at 06:46 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    You guys are living in a fantasy if you think the Fox-Men will be back in the mainline MCU..

i don’t want it but ive conceded defeat
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.