Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Starting to think mutants got pruned back when the TVA was around.

Now that could be an interesting twist… somebody pruned mutants from the 616 (Sacred) Timeline somewhere along the way… must’ve been pretty far back. Perhaps Kang? And this could lead to his rumored connection to Cable in the MCU… https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ng-in-the-mcu/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Now that could be an interesting twist… somebody pruned mutants from the 616 (Sacred) Timeline somewhere along the way… must’ve been pretty far back. Perhaps Kang? And this could lead to his rumored connection to Cable in the MCU… https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ng-in-the-mcu/
    Well, Apocalypse was an enemy of Rama-Tut (Kang variant). So he probably got pruned before the X-Factor gene could spread around the world.

And as I mentioned earlier, the F4 don't exist because the Richards family was pruned to prevent a Kang from being born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Well, Apocalypse was an enemy of Rama-Tut (Kang variant). So he probably got pruned before the X-Factor gene could spread around the world.

And as I mentioned earlier, the F4 don't exist because the Richards family was pruned to prevent a Kang from being born.
    This actually could make a lot of sense, and would certainly play into Kang being the next big Thanos-level threat. Nice.

It would work even better than a reverse House of M approach, and would thus explain why when the mutants are restored to this timeline, way back when they initially got pruned, they’re now woven into the MCU’s history.

So… if this were the case, could Deadpool 3 play a role in this saga? Being R-rated probably not.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I noticed that Deadpool 3 hasn't appeared on the MCU slate. Heard it is being released on the 20th Century banner. Reports say that Marvel and 20th Century TV are working on projects with Jac Schaeffer. Might be X-Men related.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Jac Schaeffer's show is the Agatha Harkness spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Jac Schaeffer's show is the Agatha Harkness spinoff
    I said projects, plural. Not sure if 20th TV is involved with that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Anything with 20th is probably not Marvel related at all

Astonishing Member

Something just occurred to me: He Who Remains was trying to prevent Kang variants from being born. Kang is suppose to be a descendant of Reed Richards' father correct? So that would mean the Richards family doesn't exist in the 616 MCU...like at all.
    I also recall something about that being part of his origin in the comics. So yeah if they go with this, it might a plausible reason for why the FF were absent from the M616.

Imagine a scene taking place 200000 years ago somewhere in Africa. A larger group of early homo sapiens sit around their simple hide covered huts, processing gathered and hunted food, fixing their cloth, knapping new stone tools, talking in their complex but forgotten language, when suddently a giant Celestial stands infront of them. In awe they watch it as it stares down on them and suddently a bright light shines on them.

They look confused, while some of them develop super powers, everyone starts to panic, until some portals open behind them and the TVA agent appear in riot gear dragging them off and setting one of those time fixing bombs.

Next scene shows the entire tribe sitting somewhere in the TVA, wearing suits and working on type writer, while talking in modern english about trivial office stuff. Using super powers to help them with their boring tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I also recall something about that being part of his origin in the comics. So yeah if they go with this, it might a plausible reason for why the FF were absent from the M616.
    He Who Remains did say his name was Nathaniel Richards.

Imagine a scene taking place 200000 years ago somewhere in Africa. A larger group of early homo sapiens sit around their simple hide covered huts, processing gathered and hunted food, fixing their cloth, knapping new stone tools, talking in their complex but forgotten language, when suddently a giant Celestial stands infront of them. In awe they watch it as it stares down on them and suddently a bright light shines on them.

They look confused, while some of them develop super powers, everyone starts to panic, until some portals open behind them and the TVA agent appear in riot gear dragging them off and setting one of those time fixing bombs.

Next scene shows the entire tribe sitting somewhere in the TVA, wearing suits and working on type writer, while talking in modern english about trivial office stuff. Using super powers to help them with their boring tasks.
    I think seeing Kang fighting Apocalypse would be a cooler sequence and reference to lore.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They didn't get pruned. They were in another universe that wasn't the 616. MOM made them canon and explained why not everything have appeared in the 616 (yet).

Astonishing Member

I think seeing Kang fighting Apocalypse would be a cooler sequence and reference to lore.
    That was more meant as a joke and also closer to the tone of the Loki series.

Essentialy a scene starting like the "discovery of weapons/tools" part in 2001, only to then escalate into something like a Monty Python joke where a stiff no nonse secret agency with a 1960's aesthetic arrives to interrupt the "Dawn of Mutants" by arresting everyone, resulting in these proto-super humans ending up as boring desk workers.

As for Kang vs Apocalypse. If that Kang is anywhere close to the one who was "He who remains", he just walks up to him and gives him a "Finger Poke of Doom" at which point Apocalypse explodes. Having allready remotely switched off all of Apocalypse celestial based tech, super powers and weakened him to the point a strong gust of wind would knock him over. Just by opening a doorway to meet him.

Because at his stage he doesn't need to be epic to defeat anyone, he can just press buttons and things happen in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They didn't get pruned. They were in another universe that wasn't the 616. MOM made them canon and explained why not everything have appeared in the 616 (yet).
    He Who Remains said that snap and the blip were meant to happen. So the F4, X-Men, and Inhumans helping the Avengers stop Thanos was a nexus event. It wouldn't have happened if the TVA was still around.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    According to the Loki series there were no other universes because the TVA kept everything on one singular timeline.

Anything from the beginning of time until it's end, which is also where He Who Remains lived, was kept on a pre-designed course to form a singular universe and prevent the (re)creation of a multiverse.

This includes allowing events such as time travel and alterations of the past to happen, as long as they would be necessary to allow the timeline to move towards it's enforced course. However once they have occured the effects of these alterations in the past would be consequently cut off by the actions of the TVA.

This is after all what happend to Variant Loki from that series. The time travel of Rogers, Banner and Stark was necessary to move the singular universe towards the path that He Who Remains decided upon, even though it resulted in the creation of a Loki variant which managed to escape, rather than remain captured.

But once he had done his deed, the TVA stepped in and "pruned" him, while fusing the altered timeline back into the desired one.

The absence of mutants in the main MCU universe (616) before the current events, therefor means that at some point in the original singular universe they had been "pruned" by the TVA. Potentialy multiple times depending on what ever some element of their creation was necessary to occur. All the multiverses only came to be after the TVA was stopped from enforcing the Sacred Timelines by the Lokis.

Which means their existence and universes only now exist retroactively in relation to the MCU.

Looks like we might see the X-Men pretty soon.

Waldron: We worked really hard to treat Universe 838 as a real place. I mean, it’s another universe they go to and now there’s going to be real consequences as to what happened in there.