Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 914
  1. #661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Where did you get that idea? Kevin Feige has already asked Patrick Stewart to return as Professor X according to Sir. Stewart himself. Not to mention Deadpool is getting another sequel.
    Marvel Studios talk to a lot of actors about appearing in things. Some of them never happen.

    Deadpool was reported to be the only character being kept from the Fox films. If Foxmen appear in anything, they likely aren't doing it to stick around.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-25-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  2. #662
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel Studios talk to a lot of actors about appearing in things. Some of them never happen.

    Deadpool was reported to be the only character being kept from the Fox films. If Foxmen appear in anything, they likely aren't doing it to stick around.
    Who reported that?

  3. #663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Who reported that?
    Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney, with Disney CEO Bob Iger having confirmed multiple times that a popular, R-rated version of the character could exist at the studio.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2021-1195846/
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #664
    Astonishing Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't see that happening.
    Your point being?

  5. #665
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Reynolds' Deadpool is expected to be the only iteration of the X-Men to make the jump to Disney, with Disney CEO Bob Iger having confirmed multiple times that a popular, R-rated version of the character could exist at the studio.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2021-1195846/
    From that very article:

    Marvel Studios has not publicly revealed any plans for integrating members of the X-Men and Fantastic Four into its cinematic universe, though Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige is said to have met with several members of the X-Men old guard in recent months.
    So far from reporting Deadpool is the only iteration to cross over, the article outright says that Feige met with several members of the FoX-Men cast, implying the possibility of others.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  6. #666
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    From that very article:



    So far from reporting Deadpool is the only iteration to cross over, the article outright says that Feige met with several members of the FoX-Men cast, implying the possibility of others.
    Patrick Stewart then confirmed it several months later.

  7. #667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    From that very article:



    So far from reporting Deadpool is the only iteration to cross over, the article outright says that Feige met with several members of the FoX-Men cast, implying the possibility of others.
    Yes, meeting with them doesn't mean them cast. It also doesn't mean that if they have Foxmen that they are staying. They might make an appearance for an easter egg.

    Over the years the studio has met with many actors. Some never get cast. Some end up in different roles. It's why an article of them meeting is never confirmation.

    They have met with:

    Henry Cavill - unknown role, still rumored
    Keanu Reeves - they tried to find a role for him and haven't yet
    John Krasinski - for Cap, still rumored as Reed
    Jamie Dornan - unknown role
    Emily Blunt - who turned down Widow, was rumored for Sue. Says she wasn't interested because she was busy doing things she loved doing.
    Tom Cruise - For Iron Man
    David Duchovny - for Bruce Banner
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt - for Star-Lord
    Jason Momoa - auditioned for GotG
    Joaquin Phoenix - for Dr. Strange
    Timothee Chalamet - for the role of Spider-man
    Asa Butterfield - also for Spider-man
    The Rock - unknown role, didn't pan out. then was cast as Black Adam.

    There's likely more than that even.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-25-2022 at 03:57 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  8. #668
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes, meeting with them doesn't mean them cast. It also doesn't mean that if they have Foxmen that they are staying. They might make an appearance for an easter egg.

    Over the years the studio has met with many actors. Some never get cast. Some end up in different roles. It's why an article of them meeting is never confirmation.

    They have met with:

    Henry Cavill - unknown role, still rumored
    Keanu Reeves - they tried to find a role for him and haven't yet
    John Krasinski - for Cap, still rumored as Reed
    Jamie Dornan - unknown role
    Emily Blunt - who turned down Widow, was rumored for Sue. Says she wasn't interested because she was busy doing things she loved doing.
    Tom Cruise - For Iron Man
    David Duchovny - for Bruce Banner
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt - for Star-Lord
    Jason Momoa - auditioned for GotG
    Joaquin Phoenix - for Dr. Strange
    Timothee Chalamet - for the role of Spider-man
    Asa Butterfield - also for Spider-man
    The Rock - unknown role, didn't pan out. then was cast as Black Adam.

    There's likely more than that even.
    Yeah, but my point was that Disney has no problem being associated with the older X-Men films despite who directed them.

  9. #669
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,914

    Default

    Yeah, I think it’s pretty clear that any FOX-men characters who show up — except for Deadpool and possibly his supporting cast (e.g., Cable, Domino) — would be as variants and not the longer term MCU versions. For one thing, most of them are either too old or too big now and would command more money than Disney has been shown to be willing to shell out (except for their mainstays like RDJ when he renegotiated his contract, but even he ultimately had to be killed off due to both his age and his paycheck).

  10. #670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Yeah, but my point was that Disney has no problem being associated with the older X-Men films despite who directed them.
    That's pretty clear or they wouldn't have the films on Disney+. But Feige has also talked about having his own newly cast X-Men and a reboot has been reported on. So it could easily be that they have Foxmen in for a brief appearance. Or they never have them. Regardless, they will have the X-Men though. It's just a matter of when and how.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  11. #671
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Btw, the original cast (except Stewart) have said that they didn't get a call. Sound familiar?


  12. #672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Btw, the original cast (except Stewart) have said that they didn't get a call. Sound familiar?

    What's not familiar was there were set photos leaked from the Spider-man stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  13. #673
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Btw, the original cast (except Stewart) have said that they didn't get a call. Sound familiar?

    Garfield and Maguire coming back was known for at least a year and was substantiated by all kinds of major leaks along with the major MCU leakers spoiling it beforehand. Now these same leakers are leaking a bunch of Doctor Strange stuff and the only X-Men we've heard of his Patrick Stewart and he's there with a bunch of other cameos that we can be almost sure are not going to be fixtures in the MCU going forward. Therefore, it makes it a good assumption that Stewart's appearance here is a one-off and not in any way some sort of prediction of the old X-Men cast coming back (which they never would because they're all either 50+ or associated with some box office bombs that tarnished the X-Men brand).

    MOM leak spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Also leakers are saying not to expect the Illuminati to survive this movie. This matches the leaks saying that Xavier has an epic battle with Wanda and gets viciously bodied which would make it even more obvious that Stewart's only here for a one-off
    end of spoilers

  14. #674
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Garfield and Maguire coming back was known for at least a year and was substantiated by all kinds of major leaks along with the major MCU leakers spoiling it beforehand. Now these same leakers are leaking a bunch of Doctor Strange stuff and the only X-Men we've heard of his Patrick Stewart and he's there with a bunch of other cameos that we can be almost sure are not going to be fixtures in the MCU going forward. Therefore, it makes it a good assumption that Stewart's appearance here is a one-off and not in any way some sort of prediction of the old X-Men cast coming back (which they never would because they're all either 50+ or associated with some box office bombs that tarnished the X-Men brand).
    I never said that the other X-Men were in Multiverse of Madness. Now that you mention it, one of the leakers did say that Magneto was in it.


    Tobey Maguire, William Defoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx are all in their 40s-60s. That didn’t stop them from appearing in No Way Home. And the original X-Men cast have only been in the first X-Men trilogy, the Wolverine trilogy, and Days of Future Past. All of them were Box Office successes. Hell, their most recent appearances was in Days of Future Past and Logan, which made around as much money as the Deadpool movies.

    MOM leak spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Also leakers are saying not to expect the Illuminati to survive this movie. This matches the leaks saying that Xavier has an epic battle with Wanda and gets viciously bodied which would make it even more obvious that Stewart's only here for a one-off
    end of spoilers
    I heard about that “scoop”. Here is a bit of context behind it.
    Last edited by The Agent of Chaos; 01-26-2022 at 05:32 PM.

  15. #675

    Default

    Magneto was also supposed to be in WandaVision https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4cQV9W564

    So for most of it, taking it with a grain of salt until there is actually some proof of things. People talk a lot of crap online.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •