Page 59 of 256 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nobody should continue. Time for a new take.
    Why shouldn't they? Marvel Studios used Sam Raimi's versions of Norman and Otto as the MCU Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Kevin Feige even said they're won't be any new versions of those characters, hence why Oscorp doesn't exist in the 616.

Extraordinary Member

The Neflix shows being a part of the 616 MCU doesnt make it not a spoiler.
    They are not, plus in the marvel show list the new daredevil show is listed a daredevil reboot.
    THREAD: ARE THE NETFLIX SHOWS STILL PART OF THE MCU?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-the-MCU/page4

Extraordinary Member

The fox- xmen are not the mcu multi-verse.
    If the fox-xmen are show in mcu multi-verse they will be what is called mcu adjacent.
    Since the fox-xmen universe still has not been shown in the mcu they are not adjacent.

For example doom patrol and dceu flash were shown in crossovers in the arrowverse so they are list as arrowverse adjacent,not in the arrowverse.
    DCEU would be more connected to the cw arrowverse shows because he was shown in the arroweverse talking to cw barry etc..

There is no proof that the x-men/mutants of the fox x-men and the ones in doctor strange 2 movie shown in other mcu universe will be similar,almost similar etc..to the 616 mcu ones.
    Just because professor xavier on mcu earth 838 is similar to fox xavier does not mean the other mutants on that earth are similar since we never saw them.
    Anyway the upcoming mcu mutant movie could be in another mcu universe and not the 616 mcu,so keep that in mind.

Here are some comparion talk with dc shows and movies.
    PSAPSA: Quick refresher on what falls into the Arrowverse umbrella of live-action properties (self.Arrowverse)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Arrowverse/...alls_into_the/

Are the HBO Max shows like Titans and Doom Patrol considered Arrowverse adjacent? (self.Arrowverse)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Arrowverse/...d_doom_patrol/
    Last edited by mace11; 05-22-2022 at 03:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way here is some other talk about the mcu x-men and upcoming rebooted daredevil show.

MCU X-MEN - PART 4
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...44421/page-799

DEADPOOL 3 VS DAREDEVIL SOFT-REBOOT.
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...#post-38852692

Extraordinary Member

Charles Xavier (Earth-838)
    Notes
    Sir Patrick Stewart portrayed Professor Xavier in the film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, marking the eighth and final time he portrayed Xavier on film.
    Stewart previously portrayed the Professor Xavier of Earth-10005 in the films X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, and X-Men: Days of Future Past, the Professor Xavier of Earth-TRN414 in the film X-Men: Days of Future Past, and the Charles Xavier of Earth-17315 in the film Logan.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Charl...er_(Earth-838)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why shouldn't they? Marvel Studios used Sam Raimi's versions of Norman and Otto as the MCU Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Kevin Feige even said they're won't be any new versions of those characters, hence why Oscorp doesn't exist in the 616.
    The Raimi versions were much more acclaimed, and the movies had a continuity that made sense. Plus, it's not like the Spider-Man movies used Tobey or Andrew as the main hero.

X-men not only don't need this Multiverse stuff, they shouldn't because that continuity is a mess, the last two movies were completely reviled, many, if not most of the characters didn't see a good take on them (and even the ones that did have actors too old for the role now anyway), and the more they can move away from the take on X-men masterminded by a known sexual abuser the better.

The Raimi versions were much more acclaimed, and the movies had a continuity that made sense. Plus, it's not like the Spider-Man movies used Tobey or Andrew as the main hero.

X-men not only don't need this Multiverse stuff, they shouldn't because that continuity is a mess, the last two movies were completely reviled, many, if not most of the characters didn't see a good take on them (and even the ones that did have actors too old for the role now anyway), and the more they can move away from the take on X-men masterminded by a known sexual abuser the better.
    My thoughts exactly. People really do need to let the FoX-Men go. It's impossible for the MCU not to give us a much much MUCH better film translation of the mutants than Fox did.

The only ones who I hope carry over are Deadpool’s supporting cast, since we already know Reynolds is coming over as Deadpool. I’d like to see Zazie Beetz and Josh Brolin continue as Domino and Cable, but maybe the MCU (616) versions who don’t remember the other (FOX) universe (only Wade does which would make for some funny moments). They could easily make Brolin appear larger/taller (like they did when Tom Hardy played Bane, for example) and more comic accurate. Since that was the only real knock on him as Cable from fans. Otherwise he nailed it. And Zazie Beetz is just great and I really liked her Domino, comic accurate or not.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    My thoughts exactly. People really do need to let the FoX-Men go. It's impossible for the MCU not to give us a much much MUCH better film translation of the mutants than Fox did.
    Ditto. “Let it go let it go” to all the fox cast and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They are not, plus in the marvel show list the new daredevil show is listed a daredevil reboot.
    THREAD: ARE THE NETFLIX SHOWS STILL PART OF THE MCU?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-the-MCU/page4
    It is a soft reboot according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Ditto. “Let it go let it go” to all the fox cast and start fresh.
    You're saying this after people were cheering about Patrick Stewart's return as Professor X? Serious question, do you honestly most people will have a problem with it? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I also think the "too old" argument is silly since most of the X-Men cast are the same ages as a lot of the MCU cast and some members are even younger. For example: Dafne Keen is only 17...
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-21-2022 at 04:54 PM.

You're saying this after people were cheering about Patrick Stewart's return as Professor X? Serious question, do you honestly most people will have a problem with it? Or is that just wishful thinking?
    Patrick Stewart is one of the rare acclaimed ones, coming for a cameo playing an alternate version of the character in a movie that was not about the X-men.

I also think the "too old" argument is silly since most of the X-Men cast are the same ages as a lot of the MCU cast and some members are even younger. For example: Dafne Keen is only 17...
    And Patrick Stewart is 82, Ian McKellen is 84, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Mardsen and Hugh Jackman are all in their 50's or will be when the movie is released (and Jackman, the only acclaimed one of the bunch, already had a perfect ending). Jennifer Lawrence is the right age, I suppose, but she was sleepwalking through the movies. There's no reason to not start fresh. Next thing we'll bring back Jessica Alba as Sue.

Patrick Stewart is one of the rare acclaimed ones, coming for a cameo playing an alternate version of the character in a movie that was not about the X-men.
    Yes. In a universe where all the characters resemble their 616 counter-parts. So if there is going to be a 616 Xavier, he will likely resemble Stewart's Xavier.

And Patrick Stewart is 82, Ian McKellen is 84, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Mardsen and Hugh Jackman are all in their 50's or will be when the movie is released (and Jackman, the only acclaimed one of the bunch, already had a perfect ending). Jennifer Lawrence is the right age, I suppose, but she was sleepwalking through the movies. There's no reason to not start fresh. Next thing we'll bring back Jessica Alba as Sue.
    Exactly. So are guys like Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), Paul Bettany (Vision), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), ect. All in their 50s. Hell, Sam Jackson (Nick Fury) is in his 70s and will be the lead character of the upcoming Secret Invasion. So why do you think 50 is that old?

And as I said before, Xavier and Magneto have ran their course. They are the same age as Anthony Hopkins (Odin) and should have the same fate as his character. Doubtful that they will make Magneto a villain again anyway.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-21-2022 at 06:42 PM.

All the people I mentioned are old for the characters they play. Bruce Banner can be any age, Nick Fury is supposed to be older, Vision is a robot, and Paul Rudd drinked the Infinity Formula, so he doesn't count. The X-men all start as either teenagers or very young adults, is part of the point that they are young and just discovering their powers. You don't get when they are all older, AND you get the question of where the hell were they all this time. Also, there's nothing certain that the 838 Illuminati will resemble their main MU version.

They're def recasting/rebooting. That shouldn't really be up for question. The new X-Men actors had zero and maybe even negative pop culture impact and the older ones who the audience actually liked are too old to play these roles. X-Men probably isn't gonna be used for another few years so a lot of these characters will be close to 60. They're not going to have 60 year old Famke play Jean (and I actually liked her in the role but be real). We'll get Hugh Jackman as Old Man Logan in Secret Wars but that's the only Fox character I expect to see other than the Deadpool squad