Page 269 of 288 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4311

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Why does MCU keep de-aging old women? First Aunt May, then Agatha, now Cassandra...And Madame Web is technically Marvel too
    Ageism especially against women. Famke also called this out a few years back on how ageism and sexism were why she wasn't being asked back for future X-Men films after DOFP.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...en-replacement

Cassandra's age makes even less sense if she's still supposed to be Xavier's twin like the leaks are claiming unless she comes from a very specific period in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Ageism especially against women. Famke also called this out a few years back on how ageism and sexism were why she wasn't being asked back for future X-Men films after DOFP.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...en-replacement

Cassandra's age makes even less sense if she's still supposed to be Xavier's twin like the leaks are claiming unless she comes from a very specific period in the timeline.
    Yeah, the double standard is very apparent, especially with how they keep casting older men for roles that don't even have to be that old. A shame, there are so many older actresses who would've killed it in the role.

Yeah, the double standard is very apparent, especially with how they keep casting older men for roles that don't even have to be that old. A shame, there are so many older actresses who would've killed it in the role.
    Agreed. Nicoclaws, in another thread, mentioned Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchett. Both would be out of the running for starring in the MCU already but Exodus on the previous page mentioned Sigourney Weaver and I think she would have been perfect as well. She's wonderful in patrician roles. Also she's even shaved her head before for Alien 3. Julianne Moore is another actress I could have seen doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It just hit me with this thread that Tilda Swinton would have done a KILLER Cassandra Nova. Cate Blanchett too, maybe better !

Astonishing Member

Why does MCU keep de-aging old women? First Aunt May, then Agatha, now Cassandra...And Madame Web is technically Marvel too
    To be fair in case of Aunt May there had been a precedent for a somewhat "younger" apperance of her in Spiderman adaptations for a while.

Mainly because over the years some fans pointed out, that it's somewhat odd how May in the comics and many older cartoons often looked more like she would fit being Peter's grandmother than his aunt, even in the stories were he was still a teenager (where it would make sense for her to be around 40 to 50 years of age). Especially when many actual parents of teen super heros would not look nearly that old.

Infact compare Rio Morales in the Spiderverse movies.

Now granted, age affects the appearance of people differently and Ben and May can easily be older than Peter's parents (it's not unheared of for siblings to have been born a decade or more appart), but there is still enough room for having May be younger looking than the grandmotherly classic comic version.

On a related note. Marisa Tomei was around 52 when she first appeared as Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War. So it's not so much that they de-aged the character as much as they chose an actress that looks younger than expected of many.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-23-2024 at 05:18 AM.

I don’t even think it’s that Tomei looks younger. I think people on the whole are just aging more gracefully now. I don’t know why that is but if you look at pictures of people in their 40’s and 50’s from a generation or two ago they look much more aged than people of that same age today.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t even think it’s that Tomei looks younger. I think people on the whole are just aging more gracefully now. I don’t know why that is but if you look at pictures of people in their 40’s and 50’s from a generation or two ago they look much more aged than people of that same age today.
    people age the same. they just have different hairstyles and wear different clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Tomei does look younger bc she was younger. Aunt May is usually depcited as a senior citizen at least in her 70s. Tomei was in her early 50s when she joined. With that said, there are now more enhancements being used to preserve someone's youth. Serums, non-invasive procedures, actual plastic surgery, etc....which people in Hollywood have access to and utilize

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It's actually been 25 years since I first saw a shot of Jackman as Wolverine, because he was cast in the role in 1999 and that's when they filmed it, as it came out in March of 2000. So it was in a preview magazine, possibly Wizard, where we got our first glimpse of him as the iconic character. He had taken over when Dougray Scott dropped out for a villain role in one of the Mission Impossible movies, and hadn't had much time to train.

So that means, of the character's 50-year existence, Hugh Jackman has played him for precisely half of it. Whether you like him in the role or not, you cannot deny that it's a pretty impressive accomplishment. Especially with him still looking like a beast in the role after all this time... in fact, I think he's grown into the role more and more with every film honestly. L. F. G.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Jackman definitely looks old now and its been past time to hang it up. It worked in context of the plot of Logan but he looks off now. I hope this is REALLY his last time but we all know we've heard that before

I think that might be the point, as I believe he's going to crossover and play the OML role through Secret Wars. Then he'll hang it up.

What I'm not sure about, however, is whether we might meet the MCU version prior to that. So it's possible in one of the two upcoming Avengers films that we see him actually passing the torch. That could be cool. I'm just imagining the older, grizzled Hugh in the yellow costume and his younger MCU counterpart in the brown and tan sharing the screen and it gets me pretty excited honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think that might be the point, as I believe he's going to crossover and play the OML role through Secret Wars. Then he'll hang it up.
    I think it is really time now to move on and let the character be emodied by another actor. Even as a comicbook fan, I do not understand the excitement for the pairing of Deadpool with Wolverine. Seeing more of Cable and Deadpool would have make more sense to me. Seeing Wolverine fight Spider-man or even Iron Man would make sense to me. But Deadpool...do they even have a meaniful comicbook relationship?

I also think we had enough Wolverine solo projects in the past.

Fox has done literally everything they could with the characters Magneto, Xavier, and Wolverine. Let's move on now! I wished we would have gotten "X-Force" inspired by The Dark Angel Saga next...I want epic ambitious storytelling and less goofy puperty humor in the next MCU projects (I'm not a big Thor fan but they horribly butchered the Godbutcher storyline from the comicbooks and I cannot get over it. So much wasted potential).
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-23-2024 at 07:23 AM.

Deadpool's synthetic healing factor was derived from Wolverine's natural mutant healing factor, and given to him by a private outfit that had acquired the Weapon X research somehow. So at times we've seen this kind of crazy obsession or "hero worship" with Logan in the comics, and they've certainly fought and interacted before, but I'd say there most meaningful panel time together was in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

I think Jackman still looks great for his age.

I want to see him and Wade meet Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it is really time now to move on and let the character be emodied by another actor. Even as a comicbook fan, I do not understand the excitement for the pairing of Deadpool with Wolverine. Seeing more of Cable and Deadpool would have make more sense to me. Seeing Wolverine fight Spider-man or even Iron Man would make sense to me. But Deadpool...do they even have a meaniful comicbook relationship?

I also think we had enough Wolverine solo projects in the past.

Fox has done literally everything they could with the characters Magneto, Xavier, and Wolverine. Let's move on now! I wished we would have gotten "X-Force" inspired by The Dark Angel Saga next...I want epic ambitious storytelling and less goofy puperty humor in the next MCU projects (I'm not a big Thor fan but they horribly butchered the Godbutcher storyline from the comicbooks and I cannot get over it. So much wasted potential).
    There have been quite a few team-ups/fights between the two of them.

Cassandra Nova was always drawn older than she should have been. Maybe that was Quietly's style, or maybe she was just older looking than she should have been because she was some weird sewer muck creation. I mean, Morrison gave Charles's age precisely in that era; he was 41. I think the Foxmen movies kinda messed everything up in that regard by casting 60 year old Stewart in the role. I understand they wanted to line up better with Magneto, and without any deaging or whatever, a Holocaust survivor should have been even older in 2000(or the near future of then), but Claremont wrote that origin in the early 80's, and Magneto had already been deaged before he even gave the origin, so it's just a very different situation to what was intended.

(Not that Hollywood isn't a den of depraved exploiters, who prize youth over everything, and definitely treat mature women with disdain the minute they pass '30'.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jackman definitely looks old now and its been past time to hang it up. It worked in context of the plot of Logan but he looks off now. I hope this is REALLY his last time but we all know we've heard that before
    We don't agree on much, but I'm with you on this one. Even in Apocalypse he was looking rough, especially next to Sophie Turner's baby Jean. Hugh had his time, more than enough, but you know Feige is going to milk this for all he can, so I doubt this Deadpool team-up is the last we'll see of Hugh's Wolverine. I see him going at least until Secret War. Hopefully we will get a new SHORT KING actor for Logan after that, one that's got lots of body hair too!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!