Page 143 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4363
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think the Shap is still the easiest way to explain mutants. It stirred humans' evolution so more and more mutants started to appear. And since the Snap happened five years ago, while mutants normally get their powers at puberty, it would explain why no mutants were known to general public before - there were simply none of them, no X-Men, no Brotherhood, they all were just kids who suddenly got powers and only started to learn hos to use them.

And "feared and hated" should be toned down a lot, let it first start with misunderstanding and distrust what would slowly build up. No need to immediately went to "entire world hates them to the bone and would happily watch all mutants burn" like the comics do in recent decades. The Gifted show from few years back captured it very well. There were no mobs with pitchforks out for mutants' blood, but it showed multitude of different angles of how humans treat mutants. Like in the first episode a kid was beaten up (not because he was a mutant, neither he nor his bullies knew of this) and it triggered his powers and he accidently caused lot of damage to the school building. But media reported it as a mutant attack on the school and police went to arrest the kid; they turned an accident into intentional terrorist attack. Later on one of the mutants and a human woman came to the clinic to get some drugs they needed to help another mutant. Woman had a bruise, which the doctor immediately assumed was caused by her mutant partner and he immediately called the police. The humans in general don't hate or fear mutants, they mostly just don't care to check the facts and believe everything the media says. It was also called out by one of the mutants later on what the only reason the two main humans in the cast had joined the mutants' side, is because they children became mutants, and only at that moment had they realized how badly the mutants are treated. If it wasn't they children who accidently damaged the school, the parents would have assumed the same as the rest and the media - the mutant "terrorist" attacked the school. There also were some personal feelings for some of the humans to hate mutants, like the main cop whose daughter was accidently killed by an energy ball during good and bad mutants fighting. He don't care if it was a good mutant, or a bad mutant who caused it, he just hates them all. And it is doubled down than another mutant use her powers on him to get some answers, but then is forced to forcefully cancel their connection which backfires on the guy, causing him to forget about his daughter's death. Right up to the moment when he returns home and learns it anew from his wife; so basically he went through such trauma twice. No wonder he hates all mutants.

IMHO using such small, personal stories and incidents would help built the atmosphere much better than some big attack from Magneto or Apocalypse. It would be better to first introduce more mutants and build up the atmosphere in Disney+ show. MCU could use some minor characters with uncontrollable powers for this, like Wither. Imagine the two guys fighting in the school and then one of them suddenly start to visibly decay and then turns to dust all because the other guy is touching him and everyone who tries to subjugate the kid are also suffer from his decaying power. Or Surge, a girl who suddenly start to discharge electric blasts from her body and eventually is forced to take drugs to keep the powers at bay. Rogue with her origin story of putting boy into coma just by kissing him, mix it with the story from the X-Men Evolution there her clothes were accidently damaged during the rave and it quickly escalated to multiple people in the crowd touching her and loosing consciousness. Such accidents would easily cause a lot of media coverage and built up the fear and hatred.
    Yeah, starting small is a good way to do it. Start with Disney+ shows and build up to a movie. I like that idea a lot, and hope that's how they do it.

And the snap is a good trigger point that I thought about too. Just say the snap happened when these kids were around 12 or 13, and now they're 17 or 18.

And since they seem to be, at least unofficially at this point, calling it "The Mutants," then that would work nicely. We would be seeing "the mutants" and not "the X-Men." Because there are no X-Men, just mutants.

And The Gifted was a show that I wonder why it didn't do better than it did. I guess because it didn't have characters from the movies? But of course I guess it was set in an alternate timeline, so yeah. Or maybe it was just a so-so show? I wouldn't know because I didn't watch it.

But I see that it is on Tubi, so maybe I will check it out for a second.

The Gifted seems like it did draw from some ideas in MUTIES...

Think all mutants wear spandex? Or have flashy codenames? Or are immersed in the struggle between human and mutant? Think again! MUTIES is a six-issue series that explores a very different side of a classic Marvel concept, and can be loosely described as The Uncanny X-Men meets The Twilight Zone. Each globe-spanning, self-contained story focuses on a different mutant and his place in the world — whether or not he's directly involved in the ideological struggle that will inevitably determine the future of mankind. These are the ones who have fallen between the cracks.
    I remember The Gifted was a show that I wanted to like, but I just never gave it a try due to the Fox X-Men movies. Because the first one in 2000 I didn't see in the theater because it didn't look that interesting to me. I did go and see X2, and I have to say, that was the first and only time I ever got up and walked out of the theater before the movie was over.

And it's not that I thought it was bad or anything (because I have next to no memory of it), but it was just a case of "oh-my-god-I-so-do-not-care." It was just kind of an "eh" movie to me; the parts that I stayed to watch. And I never saw another Fox X-Men movie after that.

I am hopeful for the Marvel X-Men movies though. Because I hope that they take what worked with the Fox movies and do it different and better. And obviously don't do any of the things that didn't work.

Ultimately though, just do pretty much all of it different.

Which I suspect is what they're going to do. And which they kind of have to do, due to the fact other super-powered characters exist.

And calling it "The Mutants" was kind of a gender thing it seems; at least that's what it seems like what Victoria Alonso was hinting at a couple of years ago when it first came up.

One, I like that name much better than the X-Men. Just leave the comics as the X-Men and call the movies "The Mutants." That works for me. Because then anything goes, even moreso than it would be anyway. But that would signify ultimate freedom from the comics. And two, I'm not one of those people who call things "woke" in a negative connotation. And obviously what most of them are really saying is that they don't want women, or Black people, or gay people, or any ethnic minority to be the lead in their comic book movies. So they call anything like that "woke."

But it takes all kinds of people to make up the world, and unfortunately there are plenty of people like that.

But yeah, do it truly all-new and all-different. Do "The Mutants" and not "The X-Men." Let's see what that looks like.

And on a macro-level, Marvel and Disney are probably going to have to change up the way they do things anyway. Because their success is not going to last forever, and it's already starting to wain a little bit. And so the X-Men are as good of a place as any to change things up a little (or a lot).

It also wouldn't hurt if Marvel made an X-Men comic set squarely in the MCU. And let the people who like what's going on in the regular X-Men comics continue to have that, and let those of us who are only interested in what they're going to do in the cinematic universe also have a book, or two or three.

Anyway, man, it's going to be a long 5 years until the X-Men get here. Kevin Feige should maybe speed it up a little.

You really can do a lot of stories with mutants. Even in comics this makes me think you could attack election fraud on a deep level by having a villain find a way to hack the gala vote to create a team sympathetic to their views. How does one right that situation? Can it be? Would it ever be the same after? OF course a lot of that could translate on screen in a lot of ways as well but i don't know i see it being watered down. But time will tell.

Just to be clear in my mind with election fraud i was thinking of a scenerio where one is showed what real true election fraud looks like when someone can invade the most powerful minds and sway their decisions not like omg, we just don't want to believe the truth that we got going on. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Yeah, election fraud is something that you could do.

And running with that, again with the Hellfire Club, go with they became rich and powerful due to their mutant abilities.

CBR just did an article on Dazzler. Same story with that. Have her be bigger than someone like Taylor Swift or Beyoncé due to her mutant ability. And have it not that she intentionally used her mutant powers to get to that level, just that it is.

Same with a professional athlete. Have someone shatter Olympic records, and not because they're doping, but because they're a mutant.

This is also an angle that can lead to mutants being "feared and hated." People can "fear and/or hate" them just out of pure jealousy or envy, which is a very real thing.

I have been desperately looking for an "in" into the MCU, because outside of the Black Panther I haven't cared.

The X-Men, or "The Mutants" could be my "in." 2027 could finally be the year, and hopefully sooner.

Please do it good, Kevin Feige.

EDIT:

In other words, do what I think you should do.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 11-26-2022 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Because I want to like it

Let's goooo.

Deadpool 2 Actor Hints His (Very Dead) Character Could Return in Deadpool 3
    Deadpool 2 star Lewis Tan teases the return of Shatterstar for the MCU's Deadpool 3, despite the character being very, very dead.
    https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-3-shatt...-could-return/

"A very dead X-Force member could be returning in Deadpool 3, with Shatterstar actor Lewis Tan teasing fans on Twitter with a cryptic message.

Tan took to the social media platform on Nov. 25 to share a vague, emoji-filled message that hints at the return of his character for Deadpool 3. The tweet includes four emojis -- an alien, a pair of crossed swords, a skull and a piece of poop -- and the hashtag "#deadpool3." The actor played Rusty, an alien from Mojoworld also known as Shatterstar, in 2018's Deadpool 2. Tan's time in Fox's X-Men universe was brief, however, with Shatterstar and many of his fellow X-Force members meeting gruesome deaths in short order. Shatterstar in particular was liquefied by helicopter blades."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Well Deadpool allready reversed Peter's death by going back in time. It's possible he also saved Shatterstar and the rest of X-force or Peter's survival somehow affected Shatterstar not hitting the helicopter.

And then there is the possibility that he simply comes back declaring: "I told you i was better than all of you!" implying he simply regenerated from the green stuff or going back to his origin story being actualy true to text and revealing that Mojo brought him back to life for TV ratings. The possibilities are actualy quite open, especialy since it's the Deadpool verse, where such things can be commented away with a good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well Deadpool allready reversed Peter's death by going back in time. It's possible he also saved Shatterstar and the rest of X-force or Peter's survival somehow affected Shatterstar not hitting the helicopter.

And then there is the possibility that he simply comes back declaring: "I told you i was better than all of you!" implying he simply regenerated from the green stuff or going back to his origin story being actualy true to text and revealing that Mojo brought him back to life for TV ratings. The possibilities are actualy quite open, especialy since it's the Deadpool verse, where such things can be commented away with a good joke.
    This sounds awesome.

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

This is the best idea that I've seen.

X-Men Screenwriter Knows How He’d Introduce Mutants Into The MCU, And His Idea Is Amazing

It's tricky, because I do love the whole multiverse angle that every comic book company is now embracing. Mutants obviously hold a very special place in my heart, and if they – obviously they are going to enter the MCU, and I feel like it would be too easy slash lazy if a glowing portal opens up and the X-men just walk in.

But I feel like, and I'm also a big fan of science. I feel like the most interesting, organic way for the mutants to enter the MCU would be if mutants naturally start to evolve as a result of all the trauma and destruction that humans had to suffer through from all the battles and invasions and everything else that we were subjected to.

It's like Mother Nature would then start to evolve mutants as a survival mechanism. So it’s because of all the Avengers going up against Thanos, and the Snap, and everything else we've had to put up with – the innocent bystanders of humanity in all the MCU destruction. We naturally start to evolve into mutants as a survival mechanism. Because that's the whole point.
    Mutation and evolution as a natural order of things, brought about by trauma and destruction. Works for me.

Back in 2019 Kevin Feige did say "Whatever we do will be quite different than what’s been done before" when they do the X-Men.

So we should expect different.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This sounds awesome.
    Yeah, I’m in. Bring back Domino, Shatterstar and Cable in this film and let’s get that X-Force spin-off they were working on before the FOX acquisition please. Apparently Brolin has a pretty full slate right now with Dune 2, Season 2 of Outer Range and then probably the third Sicario film after that; so if need be just recast him. Cable’s a time traveler plus it’s multiverse time in the MCU anyway, so that’s easily done. I vote for the guy who plays Reacher on Amazon Prime (Alan Ritchson). He’s kind of got that Brolin “granite” look to his face, and he’s younger and probably doesn’t command the price tag that Brolin does either. Would be ideal as MCU Cable.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-26-2022 at 10:37 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I’m in. Bring back Domino, Shatterstar and Cable in this film and let’s get that X-Force spin-off they were working on before the FOX acquisition please. Apparently Brolin has a pretty full slate right now with Dune 2, Season 2 of Outer Range and then probably the third Sicario film after that; so if need be just recast him. Cable’s a time traveler plus it’s multiverse time in the MCU anyway, so that’s easily done. I vote for the guy who plays Reacher on Amazon Prime (Alan Ritchson). He’s kind of got that Brolin “granite” look to his face, and he’s younger and probably doesn’t command the price tag that Brolin does either. Would be ideal as MCU Cable.
    Holy hotness. Yes to him playing Cable.

Definitely has the right build. Give him the eye scars and gray hair and he can look older, and more grizzled too.

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

When they get to the X-Men costumes, I want a Professor X like the HOUSE OF X Professor X.

And I want all of the X-Men like that, dressed in black with huge helmets with X's.

It would never happen, but it would be insanely cool to me.
    Last edited by Tobei Miyake; 11-26-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://twitter.com/DeadpoolUpdate/s...cr75uwQjl2N5KQ

This seems to be adding credibility to the rumour the TVA is appearing in Deadpool 3...

Awesome. I hope Cable shows up too.

Kwannon is also a perfect fit fr Deadpool 3! Hope she shows up in Madripoor.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://twitter.com/DeadpoolUpdate/s...cr75uwQjl2N5KQ

This seems to be adding credibility to the rumour the TVA is appearing in Deadpool 3...
    I just know that if Mobius and the TVA are indeed in DP3 Mobius better be getting his goddamned jetski.