Page 255 of 287 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4291

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Absolutely.

Really made me side eye Marvel/Sony with Zendaya playing MJ, like you had to wait for a black actress to be in the role to make the character frumpy when she's always been sexy and vibrant in the comics?

Ugh.
    Oh yeah, there's THAT at play too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    If that movie makes Disney/Marvel a ton of money it would be dumb to let that franchise go. Especially with the declining interest of the 616 MCU. It would be like cancelling X-Men 97 after the success of the first season. Just dumb.
    The last we'll see this cast is in Secret Wars. It has been so rumored since more than a year now

I'm so excited for this new casting rumors to start floating. With the success of X-Men 97 I'm sure Marvel is making the X-Men movie script a priority.

I think an initial team of six X-Men plus maybe a POV New Mutant would be nice. Would love it was Rogue or Jubilee but I'm afraid it will be Kamala indeed. As for the team I would like for it to be:

Cyclops
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman (or Sunspot)
    Rogue
    Betsy
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The last we'll see this cast is in Secret Wars. It has been so rumored since more than a year now
    Plus they’re getting too old. I’m a huge Hugh-verine stan, but even I admit that after Secret Wars comes out in 2027 or 2028 it will finally be time for him to move on from the role. He’s 55 now, so will be pushing 60 at that point. It will be time to recast, and not just the X-men but many other MCU characters too.

That’s the beauty of Secret Wars. It gives them the perfect opportunity to do that, casting new actors in these roles to carry the MCU into the future… provided it’s still going strong at that point. My bet is Deadpool 3 gives it a much needed boost and that momentum carries through Secret Wars. After that? With the multiversal “reality rewrite” that essentially folds the FF and mutants into the 616 MCU Prime timeline, and with all the recasting… we’ll see if fans are still engaged or see this as a logical jumping off point. It’s a risk, but one that they have to take anyway because most of these actors are simply aging out.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm so excited for this new casting rumors to start floating. With the success of X-Men 97 I'm sure Marvel is making the X-Men movie script a priority.

I think an initial team of six X-Men plus maybe a POV New Mutant would be nice. Would love it was Rogue or Jubilee but I'm afraid it will be Kamala indeed. As for the team I would like for it to be:

Cyclops
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman (or Sunspot)
    Rogue
    Betsy

idky but I just feel now everything is connected rogue/mystique/destiny should be villains in captain marvel 3 or whatever they wanna call it.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Grace later said that she heard another rumor saying that they were staying around after Secret Wars.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._xmen_will_be/

She wasn't the only one who heard about this rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Plus they’re getting too old. I’m a huge Hugh-verine stan, but even I admit that after Secret Wars comes out in 2027 or 2028 it will finally be time for him to move on from the role. He’s 55 now, so will be pushing 60 at that point. It will be time to recast, and not just the X-men but many other MCU characters too.

That’s the beauty of Secret Wars. It gives them the perfect opportunity to do that, casting new actors in these roles to carry the MCU into the future… provided it’s still going strong at that point. My bet is Deadpool 3 gives it a much needed boost and that momentum carries through Secret Wars. After that? With the multiversal “reality rewrite” that essentially folds the FF and mutants into the 616 MCU Prime timeline, and with all the recasting… we’ll see if fans are still engaged or see this as a logical jumping off point. It’s a risk, but one that they have to take anyway because most of these actors are simply aging out.
    Marvel just hired Pedro Pascal to play Reed Richards for Fantastic Four. He will be 50 years old when that movie comes out. So it doesn't seem like age is much an issue for Marvel. Most of the X-Men cast are around the same age or younger than Pedro Pascal. Dafne Keen is only 19 years old. lol

Guess we’ll see who retires/gets recast in four years or so. Until then I’m gonna focus on enjoying Deadpool 3.

So you guys must be aware that Taylor Swift is infamous for including Easter Eggs in her songs.

This is the very last verse of her new album that just dropped

^That last line is how the entire album ends. It's too much of a coincidence and knowing her past behavior...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So you guys must be aware that Taylor Swift is infamous for including Easter Eggs in her songs.

^That last line is how the entire album ends. It's too much of a coincidence and knowing her past behavior...
    Shawn Levy has been playing coy on Taylor Swift being in the movie... I don't think it would be cool of him to hint at her involvement if she wasn't in it.

And if indeed she is in it, is it going to do $2B?

You are definitely onto something here! For sure.

I would love that!

Natalia Tena Joins Deadpool & Wolverine as X-23 Variant
    Tena is set to portray an older Laura Kinney, also known as X-23, in the movie.
    While rumors have swirled regarding the potential return of Dafne Keen as Laura Kinney in Deadpool & Wolverine, we can share that we got confirmation from multiple sources that Keen would reprise her role in the movie.

https://www.nexuspointnews.com/post/...poiler-variant

Nice. So Old Woman Laura and regular Laura. Very cool. Betting one will be in Wolverine costume and will be a variant from a timeline where she took the mantle. The other will be in X-23 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Natalia Tena Joins Deadpool & Wolverine as X-23 Variant
    Tena is set to portray an older Laura Kinney, also known as X-23, in the movie.
    While rumors have swirled regarding the potential return of Dafne Keen as Laura Kinney in Deadpool & Wolverine, we can share that we got confirmation from multiple sources that Keen would reprise her role in the movie.

https://www.nexuspointnews.com/post/...poiler-variant
    I never realized they share a resemblance until just now. Good casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Grace later said that she heard another rumor saying that they were staying around after Secret Wars.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._xmen_will_be/

She wasn't the only one who heard about this rumor.

Marvel just hired Pedro Pascal to play Reed Richards for Fantastic Four. He will be 50 years old when that movie comes out. So it doesn't seem like age is much an issue for Marvel. Most of the X-Men cast are around the same age or younger than Pedro Pascal. Dafne Keen is only 19 years old. lol
    That makes sense to me.

Also there's the danger of having audiences reject a new X-Men cast especially if Deadpool 3 is a success because of seeing the original cast again. And Marvel has no room for flops right now after their last few films and presumably their upcoming non-Deadpool films.