Page 8 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Maybe. It seems like Disney is still trying to figure out the new normal. One thing seems certain, and that is that many theater chains aren’t going to survive. So that will reduce box office gross from opening weekend, which is where most BO haul comes from. So if that’s the case, they need to figure out other ways to make money off this content. That could involve more lower budget shows versus huge budget tent poles.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Putting this out there: what if the X-Men reboot is as a Disney+ show, not a movie?
    I would have said the big names would never debut on a streaming service 6 months ago. Now it feels possible. Not my preferred reboot but I’ll be happy for new content.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I would have said the big names would never debut on a streaming service 6 months ago. Now it feels possible. Not my preferred reboot but I’ll be happy for new content.
    I would love if Disney skipped the the movie theaters and went X-men will be a streaming content product, Now 100% percent I know that is not going to happen but as fan of Heroes, Alphas, 2400, Tomorrow People,(and the Gifted)etc we already know that X-men concept works on long form on the small screen. With Streaming project getting big movie budgets now the only weak point is sure up now. I will take high quality 12 streaming episodes of a X-men show every year over every 3 years an X-men movie.

That said I know chances of that is slim once the world calm downs from the rona movies make more money with less time put in and the next X-men movie is at soonest a 2022 thing but more like later. They have plenty of time to adjust to what works before making a decison the X-men stuff. What I am going to keep saying is that Disney understand the spin off potential of the X-men franchise and they have programming voids to fill on Hulu, Disney+, and ABC. We should clearly get some X-men shows like how the Avengers/MCU stuff is getting Loki,Falcon & Winter Solider and Scarlet Witch. If Marvel doesn't put a New Mutants show that captures the feel of Stranger Things/Super 8/It mixed with the Misfits they are just leaving money on the table.

BANNED

Based on what Disney has already said about a shift to streaming I think a tv show is very likely he’ll I doubt guardians 3 or thor 4 will actually be movies at this point! I think it’s tv shows here on out unless it’s in the can

BANNED

Disney plus is a quite fascinating place. Noone knows the extent of what disney plus can do. sometimes I think disney plus is a place for even more watered down stuff, then they put Days of future past on Disney plus and not censor most of the gritter adult stuff that will never be in an MCU movie, then I go, hey Disney plus is better than disney cinema.

I have no clue how a x-men line on disney plus will work out. would we be seeing something like a Legion TV series on Disney plus? who knows, but it's one of the reasons I will see at least the first 3 episodes of Wandavision. I have this feeling it is a derivate paint by numbers version of Legion.

As for movies, it will be so sad and bad if the first MCU XMEN movies goes to disney plus because of COVID. I think the first x-men mcu movie in the comic book world should build in on a hype similar to what star wars force awakens did even if that movie sucked. However if it does go on disney plus, maybe just maybe.. we would have an mcu xmen movie that would not be generic or would turn out worthy to be ranked among the best of the series. I only say this because DOFP got on Disney plus just fine. Disney plus could be good for quality reasons compared to wide release cinema that focuses more on quantity than quality.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-21-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hopefully this time we'll finally get an X-Men movie where Angel is a god damn X-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I would love if Disney skipped the the movie theaters and went X-men will be a streaming content product, Now 100% percent I know that is not going to happen but as fan of Heroes, Alphas, 2400, Tomorrow People,(and the Gifted)etc we already know that X-men concept works on long form on the small screen. With Streaming project getting big movie budgets now the only weak point is sure up now. I will take high quality 12 streaming episodes of a X-men show every year over every 3 years an X-men movie.

That said I know chances of that is slim once the world calm downs from the rona movies make more money with less time put in and the next X-men movie is at soonest a 2022 thing but more like later. They have plenty of time to adjust to what works before making a decison the X-men stuff. What I am going to keep saying is that Disney understand the spin off potential of the X-men franchise and they have programming voids to fill on Hulu, Disney+, and ABC. We should clearly get some X-men shows like how the Avengers/MCU stuff is getting Loki,Falcon & Winter Solider and Scarlet Witch. If Marvel doesn't put a New Mutants show that captures the feel of Stranger Things/Super 8/It mixed with the Misfits they are just leaving money on the table.
    I think it could definitely happen, and honestly The Mandalorian and the final season of Clone Wars is better than all the recent movies except for Solo and Rogue One so streaming is certainly a viable option. Personally I enjoy the experience of going to the theater though, something about experiencing the movie with a crowd of people is not able to be replicated at home. Also my surround sound has nothing on the theater's lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Exiles would be an ideal show on Disney+. You can visit so many timelines and re-interpret characters to keep it fresh. I would also look at Generation X.

I'm also surprised no mention of Runaways making it over to D+unless I missed something.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-31-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: changed what to would

Putting this out there: what if the X-Men reboot is as a Disney+ show, not a movie?
    8 episodes that gives every character time to shine is better then 1 movie.

Astonishing Member

Frankly, I lean towards the 'alternate universe' approach, and it does seem like Marvel is heading that way as well, with Multiverse of Madness and all the rumors we're hearing about the Spider-Man film franchise.

As for how to approach the film, I'd take inspiration from 'Second Genesis' as many have suggested on this thread. Though only the broad concept of it, which would be in line with the way the MCU operates in terms of its adaptations.

Here goes-

The film is titled THE UNCANNY X-MEN. We begin with the original X-men on a mission. They're in their late teens/early twenties at this point. The team comprises of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Angel. They take down a bunch of 'evil mutants' who were robbing banks or something. Professor X shows up, wipes the memories of witnesses to the battle, and congratulates them on a mission well done. Cue credits and title.

Flashforward about five years. The X-men have disbanded. The existence of mutants is becoming more widely known, despite the best efforts of the authorities. Scott Summers is now a drifter wandering from place to place, directionless, mourning the death of Jean Grey. We learn that the X-men disbanded after Jean's death during a mission (we aren't given too many details). Anyway, Scott hears rumors of mutants disappearing as soon as they manifest their powers or appear publicaly, and there being a media blackout on the subject. He wonders why the Professor hasn't been doing anything about it and heads to the Mansion to talk to him...only to find the Professor missing. Realizing that the forces behind the mutant abductions might have taken the Professor out to prevent him from intervening, Scott decides that the only way to get to the bottom of this is to get the X-men back together.

So we then see Scott traveling the world to get the team back together. He finds Kurt has taken to religion and retreated to a monastery. Peter ended up being forced to work as a hitman for the Russian Mafia to pay off some of his family's debts. Ororo went back to Africa where she's viewed as a Goddess to her tribe. And Warren of course has been operating as a solo superhero, and gaining some amount of fame, to the dismay of his anti-mutant father.

The team, some of them reluctantly, come together under Scott's leadership and start training again and investigating what happened. And this leads them to a secret facility in the Savage Land, where they not only find a lot of the missing mutants, but mutants who they themselves had taken down years ago (including the ones from the prologue). They realize that this is a government facility from the person running the place (maybe its Henry Peter Gyrich, or Kavita Rao, or some other similar character from the comics) where they learn the devastating truth - the X-men was a government sanctioned program. Xavier was working alongside the authorities. The deal was that he'd be allowed to run his school and help mutants, without the government interfering, and in return the X-men would take down mutant criminals and terrorists, whom Xavier would hand over to the authorities. What he didn't know was that these mutants were taken to this facility to be experimented on by the real mastermind behind all this...Nathaniel Essex AKA Mr. Sinister.

The rest of the movie is the X-men taking down Sinister and his mutates, and rescuing the Professor and the other mutants.

And afterwards, the X-men confront Xavier and have to deal with the fact that all the time they thought they were 'heroes', they were complicit in putting their fellow mutants through suffering. They decide that more than ever the world needs the X-men, but they can't follow Xavier's vision anymore. Charles agrees and hands over leadership to Scott. The incident has brought mutants back into the spotlight, and the film ends with the X-men going off on a new mission.

A post-credits scene would show a white-haired man named Erik Lensherr, who's working as a social worker, watch a TV report about the X-men latest battle and have a weird look on his face...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Exiles would be an ideal show on Disney+. You can visit so many timelines and re-interpret characters to keep it fresh. I would also look at Generation X.

I'm also surprised no mention of Runaways making it over to D+unless I missed something.
    So i'm assuming Hulu's Runaways is not already on Disneyplus+ in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    So i'm assuming Hulu's Runaways is not already on Disneyplus+ in the US?
    Runaways is on Disney+. Just saw it.

I really hope the mcu puts the X-men in matching gold and blue suits like in this promo.

60261A73-F83D-4069-B063-795B1DAF2FB9.jpg

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think it'll be more traditional, like the suits the Fox films inexplicably abandoned at the end of Apocalypse

I think it'll be more traditional, like the suits the Fox films inexplicably abandoned at the end of Apocalypse
    That’ll be fine for the first sequel. I admit the way Fox constantly mislead audiences is another good reason why Marvel had to get the rights back.