Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Introduce the X-Men to the MCU

How would you introduce the X-Men to the mcu and what would you base them off of including story and characters? You can be as detailed as you want and even go into casting

For me first off the explanation for mutants. I’ve come up with 3 ideas to introduce the X-Men

1. When Thanos used the infinity stones it created a ripple in time that lead to early Homo sapiens to develop the X gene that would be mostly dormant. I know some people may say this technically makes the mutants a creation rather than a natural progression but honestly given this wibbly wobbly timey wimey nonsense mutants would be technically seen as natural since they “always” existed and such

2. Mutants had been hiding in Krakoa but Krakoa is dying and as such Xavier and Lensherr to believe it is time for mutants to integrate with humans leading to the schism

3. The X gene goes through cycles of dormancy and booms and the early 21st century saw the biggest boom in mutants meaning powers are only now manifesting

As for the team itself I actually think a good idea would be to focus more on the school aspect and be a mix of Lee-Kirby and Ultimate X-Men. I like the idea of having another group of teen heroes like Spider-Man is now and honestly the school stuff was basically nonexistent in Apocalypse and the original trilogy. Sure First Class went into it but the focus was more on Xavier and Magneto instead of the X-Men.

For the team lineup I’d personally like to see the original 5 plus maybe Storm and Colossus and the first villain be magneto. Like I said the explanation could be similar to 1610 where Xavier and Magneto have their mutant society hidden away on Krakoa or Savage Island or where ever and eventually they split. I know it might be kinda lame to see magento as the villain again but he’s an easy introduction to the mutant mythos. I do hope the mcu can use other x men villains like Mr Sinister later down the line

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    How would you introduce the X-Men to the mcu and what would you base them off of including story and characters? You can be as detailed as you want and even go into casting

For me first off the explanation for mutants. I’ve come up with 3 ideas to introduce the X-Men

1. When Thanos used the infinity stones it created a ripple in time that lead to early Homo sapiens to develop the X gene that would be mostly dormant. I know some people may say this technically makes the mutants a creation rather than a natural progression but honestly given this wibbly wobbly timey wimey nonsense mutants would be technically seen as natural since they “always” existed and such

2. Mutants had been hiding in Krakoa but Krakoa is dying and as such Xavier and Lensherr to believe it is time for mutants to integrate with humans leading to the schism

3. The X gene goes through cycles of dormancy and booms and the early 21st century saw the biggest boom in mutants meaning powers are only now manifesting

As for the team itself I actually think a good idea would be to focus more on the school aspect and be a mix of Lee-Kirby and Ultimate X-Men. I like the idea of having another group of teen heroes like Spider-Man is now and honestly the school stuff was basically nonexistent in Apocalypse and the original trilogy. Sure First Class went into it but the focus was more on Xavier and Magneto instead of the X-Men.

For the team lineup I’d personally like to see the original 5 plus maybe Storm and Colossus and the first villain be magneto. Like I said the explanation could be similar to 1610 where Xavier and Magneto have their mutant society hidden away on Krakoa or Savage Island or where ever and eventually they split. I know it might be kinda lame to see magento as the villain again but he’s an easy introduction to the mutant mythos. I do hope the mcu can use other x men villains like Mr Sinister later down the line
    Whatever core group of mutants they focus on it should be in the context of Krakoa. Notice how Disney was very careful is making huge differences in their team franchises. Avengers are the Earth bound heroes. Guardians are space adventures.

The Fox X-Men would seem like mutant Avengers, as would anything having be regular superheroes operaring out of the school.

Magneto has been run into the ground by Fox as a villain. No Xavier/Xavier split.

But basically I like your ideas.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe they'll connect the mutants to the Eternals?

I feel there was already a thread about that, but myabe it's closed.

My answer is still the same: give the classic X-Men the Pym/VanDyne treatment: they used to be, now they are either retired or MIA.

Xavier vs Magneto, Not New Not Different X-Men vs Brotherhood: all that happened off screen during last century.
    It all ended with all mutants genes, all memories and traces of mutants erased by (pick one) Legion / Dark Phoenix / M'kraan Crystal / Onslaught / Proteus / Mad Jim Jaspers
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Beast, Magneto, Xavier, Mystique: all either dead or depowered

Today: a baby who will later be named Hope Summers is born
    Her birth undo the "no more mutants". Those who were depowered don't get their powers back, but somewhere in Vietnam, somewhere in Kentucky, somewhere in Brasil, etc, teenagers suddenly get super powers. They are recruited by two time travelers: one who came from the future, Cable, and one who escaped the purge from the past: Magik. Their mission: find the mutant messiah before anti-mutant bigots find her.
    Because people also got back their memories of the mutants. And because of that large scale memory/reality manipulation, humans fear mutants more than ever did and some would do anything to get rid of what they believe threatens them.

We get a first trilogy movies about the New Mutants, then progressively introduce X-Force, Generation X, the New X-Men... I feel that X-Factor would work better as a TV series.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I had already many ideas also similar to many theories online on how the mutants could exist...the snap activated the gente? the eternals created them? The Qauntum realm leaks and mutates normal humans? They were hiding in Krakoa all along protected by Cerebro?

I don't care...just make it seem logical and cool.

Mutants I want to have the spotlight and accurate costumes and characterization:
    Rogue, Storm, Gambit, Betsy, Iceman and ok...Cyclops.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 09-29-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Scarlett Witch will say “more mutants”

Incredible Member

I’m sorry but I hate the idea to have the classic X Men be sidelined like Hank and Janet. The ant man movies are fine but I hate the mcu for not only sidelining Hank and Janet but making them incredibly uninteresting and bland. I definitely do not want this

Though if I’m honest I’d just reboot the mcu at this point since we won’t see the X-men and fantastic four interacting with the classic iconic avengers and other marvel heroes. I know it won’t happen but I also feel there isn’t much point to the mcu now

oh god, not another one of these threads