Page 272 of 290 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4336
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    yea D+ could really take X-MEN to the next level
    The massive amount of c-list characters of the X-men IP also lends itself to one or more mid range cartoon shows that could be aired on the regular Disney channel for wider exposure.

Nobody will buy a Disney+ subscription just to see an animated adaptation of Generation X (or out of nowhere live action), but if it's an enjoyable show that airs on the regular Disney channels for anyone to see "for free", kids will notice it sooner or later, increasing their chances to become fans of yet unknowns (to them) like Chamber, Husk, M, Synch, Skin, Hollow, etc.

Especially since the regular Disney channels across the globe seemingly love to "spam" programming slots with certain shows for constant reruns.

Which can pay dividends years later when the characters might get an appearance or role in movies.

Apperently it's allready doing wonders for Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (this is not to call it it "mid", the show is quite good).
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-23-2024 at 04:35 PM.

A few folks noted that the Deadpool trailer was reposted in the stories of MCU’s official Loki, Doctor Strange, and Antman Insta accounts. We all know the connections to those characters, thanks to the trailer.

…but it was also reposted by the Captain Marvel account.

Hoping that confirms what I think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thank you for this exhaustive write-up. This makes me feel a lot better about Rogue still being in the movie because if they had cut her out of this one too, there really would be no shame. It makes sense that her scenes wouldn't necessarily be with Marsden, Janssen, and Berry here. I'm hoping this means she actually shares screentime with Channing Tatum's Gambit because if we have Rogue and Gambit in the same movie but they're never even onscreen together, what even was the reason?

If Rogue's not getting de-aged, especially if one timeline is where she's already dead, at least we'll see her in the present. I remember you told me before that she was originally supposed to be in The Wolverine and even Logan, so it's nice that we'll finally get some present-day scenes with her and Wolverine.

Anna's definitely been very vocal about wanting to play the comic version of Rogue with flight and super strength and all so there's no excuse to neglect her. I remember I thought Kirsten Dunst was a given to return in the MCU and it shocked me when she didn't show up. And of course she exposed everyone, saying she wasn't even asked to come back but she would have done it. I have no idea how she got neglected so I hope this isn't a case where Anna got similarly snubbed. But I really can't see how they'd exclude her especially with an emphasis on a 90s X-Men team and Gambit making his next cinematic appearance.
    When it comes to female characters (especially those played by women of color and/or over the age of thirty) being ignored or overlooked in favor of their male counterparts in these movies, I’m never surprised. (See also: the treatment of Rebecca, Famke, Halle, Rose Byrne, January Jones, every Jubilee actress, etc…)

Which is partly why I’m so excited that it looks like Kelly Hu and Dania Ramirez might be back as Deathstrike and Callisto from that group scene in the Void.

Tbh I pretty much accepted that Rogue might not have any scenes with Gambit from jump, even if they’re both in it - just because that relationship has never been a priority for any of the men making these movies (nor most of them behind the comics lbr). Even Tatum’s scrapped Gambit movie that he had full creative control over cast some hot blonde as his ex-wife instead of including Rogue, so I doubt it would be a priority for him either lol. (And Reynolds is a Duggan fan, so there’s an equal possibility we’ll just get Deadpool flirting with her instead.)

But if Paquin’s back and given a chance to show what she always could have done with the character - a single scene of her sassing someone while kicking ass - it’ll be more than I hoped for.

I had no idea that Anna had been suffering. That's awful and I feel so bad for her. Hope she's recovering! If she really is showing up in public again, there probably is a reason for that, although I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too much because I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't show up. She's the one people seem most unsure about so I hope it really was just a case where everything she filmed was already done. I know people online are saying that Marsden and Janssen filmed their scenes pre-strike. In Anna's case, the lack of any more news on her involvement would make sense with this illness so I hope everything she was able to film before makes it in and this isn't another DOFP/Rogue Cut case. And honestly, I'd be just as annoyed if we got a Rogue variant not played by Anna, but like you said, there hasn't been any news or even rumors about any recasting.

I remember XTAS 97 kept getting pushed back but I never made the connection that it was being done right before this movie's release. Also had no idea that the original ending for The Marvels was supposed to be at Avengers Tower before it was changed to the mansion. It definitely all ties together...
    The only Rogue variant I’d want to see (other than the animated version Cool World style, or a surprise reveal of MCU’s Brotherhood Rogue) is Keke Palmer, since she’s perfect and it’s a waste to not see her in the role at least once.

The rumor I’ve seen lately - out of nowhere - is Alexandra Daddario as a Rogue variant, which I’m praying is not something actually leaked from the recent test screenings and is just specific men trying to manifest their favorite fancast from ten years ago, since they were already successful getting Dafne Keene back by complaining loudly enough (she was not part of either of the initial shoots; which makes the sudden “her role is way bigger than a cameo” rumors really wild).

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Why does MCU keep de-aging old women? First Aunt May, then Agatha, now Cassandra...And Madame Web is technically Marvel too
    Don’t forget Destiny in the comics. 🤡

But, yeah. On that front, there’s been a few more casting rumors for this movie that will truly annoy me if they come to pass.

(Mainly that a thirty-something actress might have been cast as the “Old Woman” version of another character.)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Nobody will buy a Disney+ subscription just to see an animated adaptation of Generation X (or out of nowhere live action), but if it's an enjoyable show that airs on the regular Disney channels for anyone to see "for free", kids will notice it sooner or later, increasing their chances to become fans of yet unknowns (to them) like Chamber, Husk, M, Synch, Skin, Hollow, etc.
    i would only time ill keep d+ year round is if they have multiple X-MEN programs announced throughout the year
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    they starting leaning into completely new characters without the movie connections (and then the shows just had horrible writing and overall were just rushed to fill spots in the new service as dictated by Disney).
    how do you feel about this version of Ms. Marvel being the kitty/jubilee of the X-MEN reboot? i think that’s the direction it’s going
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

how do you feel about this version of Ms. Marvel being the kitty/jubilee of the X-MEN reboot? i think that’s the direction it’s going
    By the time these X-Men movies come out and are in full swing, will she even be young enough to fulfill that role? At that point, she'll have more history and film appearances as a hero than the actual X-Men.

Barf. I actually enjoyed her show for what it was, but I detest the idea of her being the 'kid' member of the team. I don't even want a 'kid' member of the team. I want the whole team to be green. You can add the kids later, en mass, as New Mutants. Let Kamala go start the Young Avengers or whatever.

Personally, I hope they just restart the whole thing. You can follow Hickman's Secret War, and have the FF and maybe a couple characters(maybe Tom Holland's Spider-Man and whomever else) survive the cataclysm of the multiversal incursion, and just reset the entire main MCU universe to be a brand new situation. Recast Tony, Natasha, T'Challa, etc, have a brand new X-Men team, and just go from there. The old MCU peaked at Endgame. It's been a mess since. Throw it all into a blender for this Secret Wars nonsense and then start over again. Brand new continuity. A good jumping on point for lapsed viewers and rope in a whole new generation that won't have to slog through dozens of movies and shows to understand what's happening. That's what I would want, but who knows what Feige and company have in store.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

By the time these X-Men movies come out and are in full swing, will she even be young enough to fulfill that role? At that point, she'll have more history and film appearances as a hero than the actual X-Men.
    idk what timeline it’s set in but filming starts next fall

idk what timeline it’s set in but filming starts next fall
    Where are you getting this information from? If a movie starts filming in a year, it has to already have a director and screenplay, and probably a cast. Take all these 'scoops' with a grain of salt. How many times did we hear 'Channing Tatum's Gambit starts filming this year at Mardi Gras'? When Feige wears an "X-Men" baseball cap, and announces the director and marches out the new cast, then I will believe it's happening. Not a moment before(even then it might not manifest, how long ago did he have Ali on stage with his Blade cap?).

Barf. I actually enjoyed her show for what it was, but I detest the idea of her being the 'kid' member of the team. I don't even want a 'kid' member of the team. I want the whole team to be green. You can add the kids later, en mass, as New Mutants. Let Kamala go start the Young Avengers or whatever.
    i felt the same way at first but then i thought this means the CompleX is officially being reversed with getting rid of her inhuman origin in live action/comics.. she annoyed me being a cap marvel fan girl but i could get behind her being a storm super fan.. we’ll see

i felt the same way at first but then i thought this means the CompleX is officially being reversed with getting rid of her inhuman origin in live action/comics.. she annoyed me being a cap marvel fan girl but i could get behind her being a storm super fan.. we’ll see
    Storm even doesn't exist in this universe, at least not enough to have 'super fans'. Let's just see how the next few movies pan out before we start plotting out X-Men rosters. I think we'll be getting multiversal [Fo]X-Men before MCU-proper X-Men.

Where are you getting this information from? If a movie starts filming in a year, it has to already have a director and screenplay, and probably a cast. Take all these 'scoops' with a grain of salt. How many times did we hear 'Channing Tatum's Gambit starts filming this year at Mardi Gras'? When Feige wears an "X-Men" baseball cap, and announces the director and marches out the new cast, then I will believe it's happening. Not a moment before(even then it might not manifest, how long ago did he have Ali on stage with his Blade cap?).

production weekly confirmed it few weeks back

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64519658/

we were talking about it few pages back fall 2025 is a nice chunk of time from now… hopefully movies out prob spring 2027
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-23-2024 at 06:04 PM.

production weekly confirmed it few weeks back

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64519658/
    Interesting, but, "According to Production Weekly, ‘X-Men’ should start production in late 2025" is somewhat nebulous. Anything could happen before late 2025, up to and including WW3, so I shan't be holding my breath on this one, but thank you for citing your source.

Interesting, but, "According to Production Weekly, ‘X-Men’ should start production in late 2025" is somewhat nebulous. Anything could happen before late 2025, up to and including WW3, so I shan't be holding my breath on this one, but thank you for citing your source.
    fingers crossed… the ww3 bit was funny but yea wen i saw this on the production weekly site i was elated since its a highly respected trade
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-23-2024 at 06:11 PM.

Just came back from watching Abigail and Melissa Barrera was sporting a very Romita Jr Rogue hairdo. Actually made me consider if she'd do a good Rogue.

Sisterhood, I love your posts, but I am NOT letting you make me believe Paquin's Rogue is appearing in Deadpool & Wolverine. I can't go through that

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Just came back from watching Abigail and Melissa Barrera was sporting a very Romita Jr Rogue hairdo. Actually made me consider if she'd do a good Rogue.
    She's a good choice for Rogue. Never thought about her before as a possible contender.