Page 254 of 286 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4285

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I think this movie is going to be a follow-up on The Marvels mid-credit scene.
    I'm just speculating, but I have a feeling the universe we saw in The Marvels mid-credit was the Foxverse and might face an incursion.

Depending how things go in Deadpool & Wolverine.

…oh, no. And we thought the F4 casting speculation was a nightmare lol.

I’m probably most nervous for Gambit and Rogue.

I’d kill to see Brotherhood Rogue as her debut, which means she’d need to start as a teenager again - so I hope they won’t just pick someone based on their social media followers 😬. (I like Jenna Ortega, but she’s not Rogue. I hope that’s not the role she’s been meeting for.) I’ve seen half the young cast of Yellowjackets fancast, which would work for me. They’re all talented enough to manage the complexity of her dark past and nastier tendencies with her spunky personality and growing empathy. I want all of her early messiness adapted.

Remy… I’m mostly worried about them mangling his accent. XTAS 97 already proved how popular he is when they let him shine, so they have no excuses for sidelining him again. Jacob Anderson from Interview with the Vampire is one of the only fancasts I’ve liked (sorry but no ty to Austin Butler).

They’ve done Storm right so far with XTAS 97 and are already pushing her before the others with What If, so I’m relieved that she seems to be an actual priority this time. If they’re introducing characters individually before we get the team movie, it would be exciting to see her first. I’ve seen a lot of excellent actresses with darker skin tones suggested. Disney better not fumble there. Anna Diop would be great. I like Jodie, too.

Janelle Monae and Ryan Gosling are my dream castings for Dazzler and Longshot, but I think they’ve both already been approached for other roles (and he’s been pushing for Ghost Rider since forever), so rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    …oh, no. And we thought the F4 casting speculation was a nightmare lol.

I’d kill to see Brotherhood Rogue as her debut, which means she’d need to start as a teenager again - so I hope they won’t just pick someone based on their social media followers ��. (I like Jenna Ortega, but she’s not Rogue. I hope that’s not the role she’s been meeting for.) I’ve seen half the young cast of Yellowjackets fancast, which would work for me. They’re all talented enough to manage the complexity of her dark past and nastier tendencies with her spunky personality and growing empathy. I want all of her early messiness adapted.

Remy… I’m mostly worried about them mangling his accent. XTAS 97 already proved how popular he is when they let him shine, so they have no excuses for sidelining him again. Jacob Anderson from Interview with the Vampire is one of the only fancasts I’ve liked (sorry but no ty to Austin Butler).

They’ve done Storm right so far with XTAS 97 and are already pushing her before the others with What If, so I’m relieved that she seems to be an actual priority this time. If they’re introducing characters individually before we get the team movie, it would be exciting to see her first. I’ve seen a lot of excellent actresses with darker skin tones suggested. Disney better not fumble there. Anna Diop would be great. I like Jodie, too.

Janelle Monae and Ryan Gosling are my dream castings for Dazzler and Longshot, but I think they’ve both already been approached for other roles (and he’s been pushing for Ghost Rider since forever), so rip.
    Definitely can see Jacob Anderson playing Remy. Especially after Louis, he could pull it off and he's hot.

Disney really has to be wise on who they select to be Rogue and Storm. I'd like to see Brotherhood Rogue also and have her make her defection to the X-Men, that would be great character development for her. Still crossing my fingers that she's played by a black actress, I'd like to see someone like Keke Palmer in the role.

But yeah, strap yourself in for ALL the X-Men casting speculation craziness lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm just speculating, but I have a feeling the universe we saw in The Marvels mid-credit was the Foxverse and might face an incursion.

That's actually a safe bait. Kevin Feige said that the 616 MCU was going to crash into a pre-MCU Marvel universe.

Just wished after Captain Marvel's commercial failure that they would use the character to introduce Rogue as a villain. I think it would be such a cool twist for the audience to witness how Rogue maybe together with Mystique's brotherhood/sisterhood ambushes Captain Marvel, stealing her powers and personality, and sending her into a coma to kick-start an X-Men movie. "Here comes the new guard!"-Kinda logic. They could then continuing to tell Rogue's comicbook accurate origin story and how she turns towards Xavier for help.

**Only problem: They forget to give Captain Marvel actually a personality in the movies so far,......;-p
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-18-2024 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is gonna be a golden boost chance for any X character who may appear on MCU X-Men team.

I really hope that MCU team spot won't be wasted on Kamala.
    Feige really wants Kamala to play the Kitty/Jubilee teen POV role in the MCU. I'd suggest let her be on the Young Avengers for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Even a memorable villain role can allready be a boon to B- and C-listers.
    If Feige is smart, then use X-Men as the new Avengers. Mutants guest-starring or co-starring in multiple films, even non-X films, like Black Widow in Winter Soldier and Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok. That's a great way of giving as many of them exposure and characterization, while also using them as draws for other MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Heard Jodie Turner-Smith bandied about with positive reax for a MCU Storm casting. Not familiar with her beyond her marriage to (almost BATMAN) Joshua Jackson, but seems worth a gander...
    Highly recommend Queen & Slim.

Definitely can see Jacob Anderson playing Remy. Especially after Louis, he could pull it off and he's hot.

Disney really has to be wise on who they select to be Rogue and Storm. I'd like to see Brotherhood Rogue also and have her make her defection to the X-Men, that would be great character development for her. Still crossing my fingers that she's played by a black actress, I'd like to see someone like Keke Palmer in the role.

But yeah, strap yourself in for ALL the X-Men casting speculation craziness lol.
    Keke is still my pick if they do start with adult Rogue. Wish they’d at least just give her a cameo in Deadpool or Secret Wars like Channing Tatum and some other fancasts are allegedly getting.

(I know reshoots are happening next month… it’s not too late, Ryan Reynolds…)

I’ve been wondering if that was definitively confirmed as the Foxverse, too.

Because if so, and we saw Binary…

I just need to see Anna Paquin fly, or punch a giant robot, or throw a car at someone. Just once. Rogue was absolutely done the dirtiest out of the top-billed characters in those movies. Even Scott was finally getting significant screentime and action scenes by the prequels.

What’s worse is they didn’t just ignore her flying brick set, nerf her personality, or erase her best 616 canon relationships - they refused to let her do anything other than be damseled, part of a love triangle, or get the Cure.

For a boy.

…who was cheating on her.

(lmao jesus the men making these movies hated her.)

Even without Carol’s powers, she could have been running around skimming borrowed offensive powers from her teammates for battle, not cowering and waiting for Colossus to save her. Hell, if they refused to crack open a comic and wanted to keep using only cartoons for inspo, they still had X-Men Evolution (and even WATX!) as an easy blueprint! Zero excuses.

(And seriously. Half the crumbs of scenes written for her in the original X2 script were either cut or suddenly rewritten for Shawn Ashmore/Bobby. How’s it going @ Bryan Singer.)

To this day, Paquin is still vocally disappointed by how they wrote her character. If they’re seriously bringing back the teenager who played X-23 because of fanboy outcry (despite initially claiming Deadpool 3 wouldn’t touch Logan), but ignoring this woman who’s been begging to get a decent action scene since she was an actual teenager…. Fox-men is never beating those ageism against women allegations lol.

(Which means if all those old dudes are back - we’d better see Halle, Famke, and Rebecca kicking some ass, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Just wished after Captain Marvel's commercial failure that they would use the character to introduce Rogue as a villain. I think it would be such a cool twist for the audience to witness how Rogue maybe together with Mystique's brotherhood/sisterhood ambushes Captain Marvel, stealing her powers and personality, and sending her into a coma to kick-start an X-Men movie. "Here comes the new guard!"-Kinda logic. They could then continuing to tell Rogue's comicbook accurate origin story and how she turns towards Xavier for help.
    I’m still hoping for this.

And not just because it’s a dramatic way to introduce three of my favs (they better have Destiny there, too) - it also doles out plenty of character motivation and conflict. Rogue versus the Carol inside her head. Rogue versus her new teammates. Mystique and her Brotherhood versus Xavier. X-Men versus Avengers. Carol/Binary versus the Avengers and the X-Men. And it could make Kamala torn between her newfound mutant community versus the heroes she grew up idolizing.

I’d kill to see Brotherhood Rogue as her debut, which means she’d need to start as a teenager again - so I hope they won’t just pick someone based on their social media followers 😬. (I like Jenna Ortega, but she’s not Rogue. I hope that’s not the role she’s been meeting for.) I’ve seen half the young cast of Yellowjackets fancast, which would work for me. They’re all talented enough to manage the complexity of her dark past and nastier tendencies with her spunky personality and growing empathy. I want all of her early messiness adapted.
    I wish they had used a nascent Rogue in the first DEADPOOL instead casting Gina Carano as evil ass-kicker Angel Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Now recalling all of the early speculation that Zawe Ashton was playing Rogue (or Moonstone) in THE MARVELS and imagining the alternate universe where that was the basis for the sequel instead.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    That's actually a safe bait. Kevin Feige said that the 616 MCU was going to crash into a pre-MCU Marvel universe.
    God I hope not. I want the Fox-Men gone. I am hoping Deadpool 3 is the last we see of them and Marvel starts completely fresh. I hated that stupid Beast cameo in Marvels. Just let that dumpster fire go for gods sake and give us something new and fresh. I think most fans are tired of the Multiverse stuff too at this point.

I just need to see Anna Paquin fly, or punch a giant robot, or throw a car at someone. Just once. Rogue was absolutely done the dirtiest out of the top-billed characters in those movies. Even Scott was finally getting significant screentime and action scenes by the prequels.

What’s worse is they didn’t just ignore her flying brick set, nerf her personality, or erase her best 616 canon relationships - they refused to let her do anything other than be damseled, part of a love triangle, or get the Cure.

For a boy.

Even without Carol’s powers, she could have been running around skimming borrowed offensive powers from her teammates for battle, not cowering and waiting for Colossus to save her. Hell, if they refused to crack open a comic and wanted to keep using only cartoons for inspo, they still had X-Men Evolution (and even WATX!) as an easy blueprint! Zero excuses.

(And seriously. Half the crumbs of scenes written for her in the original X2 script were either cut or suddenly rewritten for Shawn Ashmore/Bobby. How’s it going @ Bryan Singer.)

To this day, Paquin is still vocally disappointed by how they wrote her character. If they’re seriously bringing back the teenager who played X-23 because of fanboy outcry (despite initially claiming Deadpool 3 wouldn’t touch Logan), but ignoring this woman who’s been begging to get a decent action scene since she was an actual teenager…. Fox-men is never beating those ageism against women allegations lol.

(Which means if all those old dudes are back - we’d better see Halle, Famke, and Rebecca kicking some ass, too.)
    It's not impossible, but it's unlikely that we will see Anna Paquin in Deadpool 3. She's been dealing with an illness that has limited her speech and mobility recently. I'm not sure she would have been able to film any action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It's not impossible, but it's unlikely that we will see Anna Paquin in Deadpool 3. She's been dealing with an illness that has limited her speech and mobility recently. I'm not sure she would have been able to film any action scenes.
    OMG I did not know this! Hoping for a quick recovery. She's probably one of the most underappreciated acting treasures.

A lot of the shoots had been completed before the actor strikes that started last July so they may have gotten an action scene or two out of her.

Keke is still my pick if they do start with adult Rogue. Wish they’d at least just give her a cameo in Deadpool or Secret Wars like Channing Tatum and some other fancasts are allegedly getting.

(I know reshoots are happening next month… it’s not too late, Ryan Reynolds…)

I’ve been wondering if that was definitively confirmed as the Foxverse, too.

Because if so, and we saw Binary…

For a boy.

I’m still hoping for this.

And not just because it’s a dramatic way to introduce three of my favs (they better have Destiny there, too) - it also doles out plenty of character motivation and conflict. Rogue versus the Carol inside her head. Rogue versus her new teammates. Mystique and her Brotherhood versus Xavier. X-Men versus Avengers. Carol/Binary versus the Avengers and the X-Men. And it could make Kamala torn between her newfound mutant community versus the heroes she grew up idolizing.
    Please don't get me started, because I can go on all day about how Fox just trashed our girl like that.

And what sucks is that if you watched True Blood, and saw how good Paquin was as Sookie, she would've been EXCELLENT as Rogue if the writing was there. And even without Carol, I would've explained Rogue being able to fly after Magneto touched her and used that device in X1, then come Last Stand, I would've just had her permanently absorb Juggernaut and voila, that explains her super strength. But thankfully those days are done.

MCU Rogue better fly, be a brick and say sugah so much we all get diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    God I hope not. I want the Fox-Men gone. I am hoping Deadpool 3 is the last we see of them and Marvel starts completely fresh. I hated that stupid Beast cameo in Marvels. Just let that dumpster fire go for gods sake and give us something new and fresh. I think most fans are tired of the Multiverse stuff too at this point.
    Same friend. Granted, with this Multiverse Saga and that Deadpool had to find his way into 616, I knew we'd get a Foxverse movie somehow, but I'm praying that world faces an incursion and just leave it be after DP3.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I heard about that a few days ago and that she was walking with a cane. Hope she recovers from whatever she's facing.

Please don't get me started, because I can go on all day about how Fox just trashed our girl like that.

And what sucks is that if you watched True Blood, and saw how good Paquin was as Sookie, she would've been EXCELLENT as Rogue if the writing was there.
    This was the original 'Casting Zendaya, the most Mary Jane Watson person ever, as Mary Jane Watson' but then bending over backwards to ensure she barely resembles the character... or herself.

There's misogyny at play in both cases. In Paquin's case, a more direct case where they wanted to focus more on the male characters around her. In Zendaya's case, some weird strain of sexism towards conventionally glamorous women like Comics MJ that Marvel has also played a role in stoking since One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This was the original 'Casting Zendaya, the most Mary Jane Watson person ever, as Mary Jane Watson' but then bending over backwards to ensure she barely resembles the character... or herself.

There's misogyny at play in both cases. In Paquin's case, a more direct case where they wanted to focus more on the male characters around her. In Zendaya's case, some weird strain of sexism towards conventionally glamorous women like Comics MJ that Marvel has also played a role in stoking since One More Day.
    Absolutely.

Really made me side eye Marvel/Sony with Zendaya playing MJ, like you had to wait for a black actress to be in the role to make the character frumpy when she's always been sexy and vibrant in the comics?

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The director of Deadpool & Wolverine has suggested otherwise. He said:

Oh, we snap our fingers, and suddenly that Fox legacy doesn’t exist, and it shaped a lot of what we now know as the MCU.
    If that movie makes Disney/Marvel a ton of money it would be dumb to let that franchise go. Especially with the declining interest of the 616 MCU. It would be like cancelling X-Men 97 after the success of the first season. Just dumb.