Page 120 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4291
    Astonishing Member

I’m not sure that logic works. The animated series was on for five year in the 90’s, but it was a huge hit with merchandise etc… and it didn’t just ‘disappear’ after that. It on in reruns for a while, was on Netflix and apparently had big streaming numbers on Disney plus (which couldnÂ’t be the result of ‘just’ old fans watching it. That’s why it’s getting a revival, not because Fiege may or may not be big fan) I don’t know what the numbers for the movies have been, but Disney would know.

And saying that an mcu movie ‘based’(which we don’t know if it will happen or not )on the cartoon couldnÂ’t use anything is a m not sure that logic works. The animated series was on for five year in the 90’s, but it was a huge hit with merchandise etc… and it didn’t just ‘disappear’ after that. It on in reruns for a while, was on Netflix and apparently had big streaming numbers on Disney plus (which couldn’t be the result of ‘just’ old fans watching it. That’s why it’s getting a revival, not because Fiege may or may not be big fan) I don’t know what the numbers for the movies have been, but Disney would know.

And saying that an mcu movie ‘based’ (which we don’t know if it will happen or not )on the cartoon couldn’t use anything is a disingenuous argument. They wouldn’t be limited that way. And you wouldn’t think that ‘Gen Z ‘ would know about the cartoon, but you would also think that Gen Z wouldn’t have shirts of the Office and Friends, but they do. Those shows got a new wave of popularity from streaming. disingenuous argument. They wouldn’t be limited that way. And you wouldn’t think that ‘Gen Z’would know about the cartoon, but you would also think that Gen Z wouldn’t have shirts of the Office and Friends, but they do. Those shows got a new wave of popularity from streaming.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 09-24-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I’m not sure that logic works. The animated series was on for five year in the 90Â’s, but it was a huge hit with merchandise etc… and it didn’t just ‘disappearÂ’ after that. It on in reruns for a while, was on Netflix and apparently had big streaming numbers on Disney plus (which couldnÂ’t be the result of ‘justÂ’ old fans watching it. ThatÂ’s why itÂ’s getting a revival, not because Fiege may or may not be big fan) I donÂ’t know what the numbers for the movies have been, but Disney would know.

And saying that an mcu movie ‘based’ (which we don’t know if it will happen or not )on the cartoon couldn’t use anything is a disingenuous argument. They wouldn’t be limited that way. And you wouldn’t think that ‘Gen Z ‘ would know about the cartoon, but you would also think that Gen Z wouldn’t have shirts of the Office and Friends, but they do. Those shows got a new wave of popularity from streaming.
    When it comes to generation Z, X-Men: Evolution and the movies were many people's introduction to the X-Men. Not the 90s cartoon.

After the latest she hulk i'm kind of sold on wolverine being the son of spoilers:
    mr. immortal who upon dying "his body regenerates" which would explain Logan's powers. The mom was abandoned for years so logan could be 18-22 with a chip on his shoulder and we actually get to see his journey to becoming wolverine rather than just starting with the image of wolverine we know.
    end of spoilers Could easily open up several movies, disney + and appearances fleshing out his journey and it would be a complete twist from all other incarnations where he is already fully developed while allowing for a lot of his stories to be used.

Not to mention the actor from she hulk could appear. I feel there is a hilarious scene in there somewhere. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-24-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Lmao they aren't making Logan a teenager

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Disney turning down a chance to enchant the tweens with a self healing againsty teen/ young adult with claws and a healing factor?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They absolutely don't need him to be a teenager to do that

They absolutely don't need him to be a teenager to do that
    To not look gross and for some good photo ops they do. Oh wolverine and spiderman. Wolverine and Ms. Marvel. Wolverine on Moon knight, Wolverine in agatha. this is how Logan becomes Wolverine. lol. It prints far more money than nostalgia would and immediately refreshes the stories. He does a run where he discovers he is a mutant, meets his father from she hulk, goes on a few adventures, eventually is kidnapped and wakes up in weapon x program. years of material to develope.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They can do all of those things and have him not be a teenager.

"discovers he is a mutant" Logan is fucking hundreds of years old

But you don't need him a 100 years old when you have an immortal man running around. lol. "son, i'm all your going to have left one day, maybe then you'll forgive me." lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    When it comes to generation Z, X-Men: Evolution and the movies were many people's introduction to the X-Men. Not the 90s cartoon.
    Yes. Again, we're talking about 10 movies (13 with Deadpool and NM), most of them big hits, starring famous stars, that went 20 years, and we're seen by people of all ages. Even if it had good numbers on streaming and ratings on TV when it was released,.etc, remember that essentially every single member of that audience went to watch at least some of the Fox films, but the reverse isn't true.
    I agree, Logan's whole appeal is that he's a grizzled veteran much older than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I agree, Logan's whole appeal is that he's a grizzled veteran much older than he looks.
    obviously the best person cast for that role is some Ezra Miller type Tumblr twink

Yes. Again, we're talking about 10 movies (13 with Deadpool and NM), most of them big hits, starring famous stars, that went 20 years, and we're seen by people of all ages. Even if it had good numbers on streaming and ratings on TV when it was released,.etc, remember that essentially every single member of that audience went to watch at least some of the Fox films, but the reverse isn't true.

That is his appeal to comic fans but if the twiglight craze and vampire diaries have taught me anything young men and women have an obsession with angry young men that are on deaths door one day, in a beserker rage the next, and healed in between. I don't get it either but it prints money. Now imagine it backed by good material. Current generations are just not in a rush to see a 50 year old being an action hero. Those will be older women going to watch nothing wrong with it but i think we really need to think outside the audience of comic fans and males that are as mentioned now 20 years older than they were when the first x-men movie came out before we consider exactly what people want to see in a modern wolverine.

Not to mention wolverine is just as popular for his relationships as he is for his supposed age. No way marvel or disney is going to cast a 50 or even 35 year old logan against a 16-23 year old jean. Not going to happen. So some of this casting has to be looked at in a relational way for some stories to work.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-24-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That is his appeal to comic fans but if the twiglight craze and vampire diaries have taught me anything young men and women have an obsession with angry young men that are on deaths door one day, in a beserker rage the next, and healed in between. I don't get it either but it prints money. Now imagine it backed by good material. Current generations are just not in a rush to see a 50 year old being an action hero. Those will be older women going to watch nothing wrong with it but i think we really need to think outside the audience of comic fans and males that are as mentioned now 20 years older than they were when the first x-men movie came out before we consider exactly what people want to see in a modern wolverine.
    Regarding the part in italic: are you sure about that? Daniel Craig's Bond,. Liam Neeson's career, etc. all indicate otherwise. Plus, no one is saying he'll be played by someone that age: Jackman STOPPED playing the role when he was 48,.and started when he was 31.

Regarding the part in italic: are you sure about that? Daniel Craig's Bond,. Liam Neeson's career, etc. all indicate otherwise. Plus, no one is saying he'll be played by someone that age: Jackman STOPPED playing the role when he was 48,.and started when he was 31.
    I just don't see the benefit to be honest. like yes it could happen but why? why introduce him as older person in a relatively similar situation to where he was with fox when you can take your time and develope him into the wolverine you want for the Marvel Cinematic Universe other than, it's what people expect or are use to. Also it wasn't teens as far as i know rushing to see Bond or Liam Neeson. I mean isn't the bond team currently looking for a younger bond? All i'm saying is one needs to think of an entire market and it's potential rather than the market that exists. The last thing i would do is make a comic movie for comic fans, a lot don't even buy their comics and at most you only have like 2500 shops as your guide post.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just don't see the benefit to be honest. like yes it could happen but why? why introduce him as older person in a relatively similar situation to where he was with fox when you can take your time and develope him into the wolverine you want for the Marvel Cinematic Universe other than, it's what people expect or are use to. Also it wasn't teens as far as i know rushing to see Bond or Liam Neeson. I mean isn't the bond team currently looking for a younger bond? All i'm saying is one needs to think of an entire market and it's potential rather than the market that exists. The last thing i would do is make a comic movie for comic fans, a lot don't even buy their comics and at most you only have like 2500 shops as your guide post.
    Again, Jackman wasn't an old man . Early 30's is more than enough to appeal to younger audiences. You also seems to miss the points that:

a) MCU doesn't need to pander to Twilight crowd, they already make more money than that in most cases (that is true to Bond as well);
    b) The Twilight crowd is now 10-15 years older (same is true for people that followed the MCU from the start;
    c) The older audiences have more money, because inequality.

Also, the producers said they want a younger Bond, but that means younger than Daniel Craig, not that they'll start with a 20 year old. Nearly all the actors mentioned for the role are around Craig's age when he started.