Page 95 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3823
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well all we know is that Esposito was pushing for Professor X but the meeting itself was about finding a role in general in the MCU
    Exactly! It might be wishful casting or might come true, we never know.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well all we know is that Esposito was pushing for Professor X but the meeting itself was about finding a role in general in the MCU
    Kinda hope he gets a heroic character to play.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, I'd have thought that any such contracts would've had a termination clause upon transfer of ownership built into them, as that's pretty standard in business; and thus the acquisition of 20th Century FOX by Disney would've ended any rights that Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg or any of that bunch would've had to this IP. Hence why I'm skeptical that that rumor is true. Having said that, I haven't seen anything from Disney or Kevin Feige or anyone debunking it yet either, so who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Bryan Singer wasn't even listed as a Producer in Dark Phoenix if I recall correctly, so that makes it doubtful he would have to be in subsequent movies.
    Yeah, I just checked IMDB and he isn't listed, not even as an executive producer, which is essentially meaningless in movies. So we can probably safely debunk that rumor.

I want McAvoy back for Xavier honestly. Let him improve and expand on the role. He’s perfect age to do that now…

Spectacular Member

...just give the different ethnicities more prominent roles rather than change the characters races. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    ...just give the different ethnicities more prominent roles rather than change the characters races. Annoying.
    both strategies have value to me.

I wouldn't mind for example Cyclops to be Black or Iceman to be Latinx. Why not?

also cast trans* actors in cis roles! Do whatever it takes to diversify your cast and crew behind the camera.

I don't care either way, the MCU is an AU so the characters can be whatever they want them to be...unless the character's race and/or ethnicity is inherently important to their characterization, like Storm, Black Panther, America Chavez, Miles Morales, Sunfire, etc.

I'd cast Amandla Stenberg ad Kitty and Brandon Perea as Iceman to add diversity to the cast, but Amandla is still Jewish so Kitty's core characterization remains intact. Other fancasting would be Jacob Elordi as Scott, Sadie Sink as Jean, Kiki Layne as Storm, and Margot Robbie as Emma.

I think changing the race or gender of relatively minor characters can work just fine, but with the very iconic characters means you're just playing a version of the character the audience won't recognize, or will just see it as the "black/hispanic/asian/woman version" of the character and not the "real" one- which is one of the reasons why I think this black Superman version Warner was preparing to make a movie of is doomed, though not the only one (with all the changes in WB with the merger, who knows whether that will even happen anymore).

The exception is when you bring an actor that is both so good and iconic in his own right that he can just make the role his own- someone like SLJ as Nick Fury (though yes, even he was already black and a SLJ look alike in Ultimates) worked and someone like Esposito as Xavier could work. But to bring some unknown and unproven (or relatively, at least) actor to play black Cyclops/Wolverine just strikes me as a trick to attempt to say you're valuing diversity (and again, there's the problem I mentioned of Americans equating diversity only with adding more black men to the story, which is both simplistic and ignores you're playing to a global audience).

There's also the factor, for me at least, that the Fox movies were so bad with their visions of most characters that I'd rather see them as closely resembling the comics as possible (they already got Xavier and Magneto right two times, so I would mind changes a lot less)

Plus, you know, if you gender/race bend a character in the movies and it works there, Marvel comics will eventually sideline or kill off the original version just to add a new version similar to the movies for "synergy" (RIP 616 Fury). They just can't help themselves.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 08-09-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Bryan Singer wasn't even listed as a Producer in Dark Phoenix if I recall correctly, so that makes it doubtful he would have to be in subsequent movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I just checked IMDB and he isn't listed, not even as an executive producer, which is essentially meaningless in movies. So we can probably safely debunk that rumor.
    I don't know too much about the film industry, but you can significantly contribute to a film without being credited on it. For example, Matthew Vaughn co-wrote the script to X-Men: The Last Stand but didn't get a writer's credit.

SuperHeroHype: When you were in New York six years ago for "Layer Cake," you were already well into development on the third "X-Men" movie and you had a lot of great ideas that sounded cool, then you left that. And now you're back, so what was the biggest factor in convincing you to do another movie? Was it the story or Bryan Singer's involvement?

Matthew Vaughn: Unfinished business, that's what inspired me. I was totally excited about doing "X3" and basically co-wrote the script with (Simon) Kinberg and Zak Penn. We did that in six days together, and then storyboarded the whole movie, prevised all the big sequences, and then like an idiot, thought that I didn't have enough time to make the film I wanted, so I had to leave. I sort of regretted that ever since, and when Fox rang me up and said, "Do you want a chance to reboot X-Men and put your stamp all over it?" When they told me that, I thought they were joking at first, and then they told me it would happen in the '60s against the Cuban missile crisis as the backdrop, I thought, "God, this sounds cool. Why not? Let's do it."
    https://www.superherohype.com/featur...matthew-vaughn

Yes, of course, but he got paid for actually working in the movie, not got money without doing anything in it. The opposite case of Singer allegedly getting money until.2025 for nothing. People getting paid and getting executive producer credits without doing much is common, as is many writers working on a script but only a few getting credit.

I know they would never do it now but I want the team based in certain periods of time. Like debut in the 60s with the original 5, second movie is the 70s team, and 80s and 90s... Maybe they can time travel to the next decades so they can keep the same actors. I really just want a fun movie with vintage fashion like First Class was supposed to be but with Cyclops/Jean/Beast/Iceman/Angel and that's it!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    both strategies have value to me.

I wouldn't mind for example Cyclops to be Black or Iceman to be Latinx. Why not?

also cast trans* actors in cis roles! Do whatever it takes to diversify your cast and crew behind the camera.
    Because they are characters that have existed for 60 years ... i dont want storm to be white, i dont want jean to be a gay man or scott to be black.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Because they are characters that have existed for 60 years ... i dont want storm to be white, i dont want jean to be a gay man or scott to be black.
    I also don’t want Storm to be white. Don’t mind the rest. :-p

I just watched Westworld the other day, and I think Thandiwe Newton would make a perfect Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I want McAvoy back for Xavier honestly. Let him improve and expand on the role. He’s perfect age to do that now…
    I'd like to see an American actor take on the role of Xavier for a change. I can't recall the explanation for why born and raised in Westchester, New York Charles had a British accent. Were his parents supposed to have emigrated from the UK?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I also don’t want Storm to be white. Don’t mind the rest. :-p

I just watched Westworld the other day, and I think Thandiwe Newton would make a perfect Emma Frost.
    No comment lol