Page 97 of 275 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4125
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Possibly. He had great chemistry against Jackman in their scenes together, but next to none with Famke. Maybe some more time could have fixed that, but I'm not entirely sure.

Of course the obvious solution to that is to find a romantic interest where the actors click, but that would have required Fox to have cared at all about the character.
    Every time I see him on Westworld I think about the great Scott Summers he could and should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Every time I see him on Westworld I think about the great Scott Summers he could and should have been.
    I feel the same way about Anna Paquin. Her character in True Blood was more like Rogue than in the X-Men movies.

It is strange how Fox choose to abandon that cast after Days of Future Past.

Astonishing Member

Talking about great performances of movie actors in series.

The more i think about it, the more i beginn to hope that "The Mutants" is actualy going to be a series in style of The Gifted, which sets the groundwork for a MCU X-men world via a "from ground up" perspective for mutants, with B- and C-list characters, setting up stories or characters who could then show up in the movie.

After all a series has much more potential for longterm character development and interpersonal drama, which has made the X-men comics so popular in the 80's and 90's, not to forget more world building.

spoilers:
    Hulk and She-Hulk might be mutants since they were stated to have special genes that allow them to convert gamma radiation into power.

I think there were also rumors long before it came out that the show would feature mutants.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gnostic; 08-18-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    Hulk and She-Hulk might be mutants since they were stated to have special genes that allow them to convert gamma radiation into power.

I think there were also rumors long before it came out that the show would feature mutants.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That doesn't mean they are mutants, since that also happens in the comics and they aren't.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    spoilers:
    That doesn't mean they are mutants, since that also happens in the comics and they aren't.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I see Marvel Studios calling the Hulks "gamma mutants" like they were called in the 2003 Hulk game. I would actually make sense since the Hulks have been feared and hated. It simplifies things.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also, this retcons The Incredible Hulk a bit as that movie made it seem like anybody could become a Hulk with Banner's blood.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I was thinking the other day that the current/next phase leading up to the new Avengers movies would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the Captain Britain Corps. What better time to introduce the guardians of the Multiverse than during the Multiverse War?

Loki season 2 would actually be the perfect spot for it. We've seen at the end of season 1 that, once the timelines branched, the TVA went from protecting the sacred timeline to becoming... a sort of multiversal police? And one of the Kangs is still involved with them judging from the giant statue in the final scene. It could be fun for that Kang to also establish the Captain Britain Corps as a multiversal army, maybe ally himself with Saturnyne, Roma and Merlin, introducing the Braddocks, Otherworld and all that jazz. The Loki show, which is where magic meets multiversal shenanigans, would be a great place to introduce all that before spinning it off into its own show/movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    I see Marvel Studios calling the Hulks "gamma mutants" like they were called in the 2003 Hulk game. I would actually make sense since the Hulks have been feared and hated. It simplifies things.
    end of spoilers
    Once again i feel we shouldn't jump to any conclusion just because the word "mutant" is used, considering that it's a common word in the real world which they can't just strike from every person's vocabulary in a marvel universe just because there is a very specific kind of mutants who's franchise is almost claiming the entire term for itself.

Technicaly any human being in the marvel universes who gets their super powers from something altering their genetic structure is a mutant.

Hulk? Mutant. Spiderman? Mutant. Carol Danvers? Mutant. Kamela Kahn? Mutant.

The whole "no they are just mutates" is a cheap twist of sematic in order for the internal IPs not to step on each other feet to much. But to a casual viewer it will look odd if the word mutant is weirdly side stepped for that reason.

So the "correct" application of "mutant" in a Marvel universe only becomes important if the people within it beginn to use the term for a very specific group of people. Something we are seemingly still far away from as status quo.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-24-2022 at 08:29 AM.

As expected, Glen Powell denied rumors he's going to play Cyclops and said he has no idea where they came from.

It wasn't even a real rumor, afaik. It was just a fan-cast.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 08-24-2022 at 10:22 AM.

I Think the Mags and Xavier of the Mcu needs to be Emma and Jean or Logan and Cyke

Why? Because yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Think the Mags and Xavier of the Mcu needs to be Emma and Jean or Logan and Cyke

Why? Because yes.
    I dig that. Emma and Jean would be my preference, with Scott and Logan kind of caught in the middle. No love triangle. Let's establish that Scott and Jean were an item, and are still close, but are separated. Emma and Scott are either together or they get together in the MCU at some point with Jean and Logan possibly doing the "friends with benefits" thing but not really wanting to commit to each other. Or just friends. Either way. Something different.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yup but not a la Emma is the Brotherhood leader and Evil Mustache thingie. and Jean is a saint.

Grey characters, yes this is the MCU but they are XMEN Characters. they have labal not straigth goodies.

Again, if you introduce the X-men as an established team of adults, not only you have a copy of the Fox movies, which is exactly what you're trying to avoid (if you're merely having Jean and Emma play Xavier and Magneto's roles, it's still a ripoff, with just a few different changes) but you have the unsolvable question of "what the hell they were doing all this time rather than help in any of the 900 world/universe ending threats". There is no answer that doesn't equal "the X-men are a bunch of assholes that only care for themselves and would rather let people die by the billions in Thanos' hands than let people know they exist". In fact, the hate and fear of the X-men that humans have would be justified.

If you want them as adults and also reveal how the team started in prequels, hey, guess what, Fox already did that too. Not only that, you would leave the best part narrative wise- watch the characters grow into their roles and as heroes, struggling to understand they can just be born with powers- for a prequel or not even happening at all if you don't make them.

The only way a X-men introduction makes sense is if Xavier is either creating the team during the first movie, or they are around for a very short time (say, after the Blip) and it's now revealed to the public, by Xavier's decision or not. You don't have to make the movies about him, like Fox did- both the comics and animated versions made him a supporting player, and worked just fine.

And above all, no Wolverine and Magneto in the first movie at least. Let Wolverine have his solo movies and teamups, and keep Magneto for later, or not even feature him at all.