Page 93 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3789

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Zazie was very well received in the role and a solid example of a race-swapped character that worked with minimal pushback from the fanbase, largely due to how much audiences liked her in the role but also because Domino is not exactly a household name. They'd be dumb to ditch her in the name of casting a white woman for comic accuracy IMO. I'd rather they just change her look to be more comic accurate while keeping Beetz in the role (e.g., change her hairstyle, make the spot around her eye black instead of white, etc.).

Just my $.02.
    never did I say to cast a white actress. She could be asian or latin for that matter, or black. Im talking about a "creature" looking version of Domino, that has always been visually exciting.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Taron Egerton character in black bird name is James or “Jimmy”…that’s too ironic
    Heh...isn't James or Jimmy pretty much the most common English language name ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    never did I say to cast a white actress. She could be asian or latin for that matter, or black. Im talking about a "creature" looking version of Domino, that has always been visually exciting.
    Domino’s not a “creature.” She’s just an albino with a distinct looking mark around her eye.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Heh...isn't James or Jimmy pretty much the most common English language name ever?
    That or joe…

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Shea Coulee just got cast in Ironheart, and she was also the basis for Shade.

Yep either they will have a very small role, or Shade. I like it. Of all the "actresses" in RPDR I think Shea has the poise and the technic to look good on the BIG screen.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Giancarlo Esposito said at a con he'd like to play Professor X, and has met with Marvel Studios in the past, to which I say yes, yes yes, 100 percent yes.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Shea Coulee just got cast in Ironheart, and she was also the basis for Shade.

I love Shea! They were my number 2 favourite in the latest All Stars season after Jinkx Monsoon and they're definitely a fun addition to the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Giancarlo Esposito said at a con he'd like to play Professor X, and has met with Marvel Studios in the past, to which I say yes, yes yes, 100 percent yes.
    Oh yes, I came to this thread specifically to gush about that. I was posting just last week that Esposito obviously makes for an amazing villain and would rock so much as either Magneto or Doctor Doom... yet Professor X would be my choice for him to play as he has that calm but terrifying demeanour that would be perfect for Charlie X.

I also wanted to say, I find it a bit funny that actors like Esposito or Egerton openly talk about having met with Marvel but more specifically mention characters that were discussed during those meetings, as I would assume all talks would be covered by an NDA. So I can't help but wonder if it's actually Marvel who asked them to talk about it to start seeding those ideas and castings around.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I also wanted to say, I find it a bit funny that actors like Esposito or Egerton openly talk about having met with Marvel but more specifically mention characters that were discussed during those meetings, as I would assume all talks would be covered by an NDA. So I can't help but wonder if it's actually Marvel who asked them to talk about it to start seeding those ideas and castings around.
    Yeah, and also makes me strongly doubt we won't see X-men before Secret Wars, maybe even a Wolverine one as well, specially if he isn't on the initial roster. No sense to have so many talks for a 2026 movie.

It would also makes more sense to start casting with the two of them because the other characters will likely require more testing and be played by younger actors, while with Chuck and Logan you can have older, more established ones.

Yeah, and I like both of those castings so kind of hope they’re true. Egerton is still a bit baby-faced for my liking for the Logan role, but watching him in Black Bird has convinced me that he could pull it off. Give him the facial hair and maybe use digital effects and/or makeup to make him a bit more weathered (e.g., crow’s feet around the eyes) and he could do it. He’s a great actor and most definitely has the physique. Just needs to stop shaving his chest and arms, though. And Esposito always plays a villain so seeing him as Xavier could be great.

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Too true. Black Domino had basically no effect on representation in the comics; imagine the difference if a movie told a great story about Monet.

Funny. But I still think a combination of some race-swapping combined with leaning into existing diverse characters is where they’ll go. For example, make Storm and Thunderbird (don’t kill him in his MCU debut!) major characters, while possibly also changing a couple of established characters’ races. Cyclops being Hispanic, or half Hispanic on this mother’s side, for example.

With that being the fastest growing racial demographic in the U.S., the largest box office market, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to lean into some diversity there. And thus changing one of your X-men leads slightly like that might be a good move.

Take this guy: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1546300/

31 years old, looks like Scott Summers and is Hispanic. Also looks like he could be Josh Brolin’s dad too. So not sure why that couldn’t work.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, the Giancarlo Esposito thing is seemingly a bit more than just rumor. It actually has a chance of happening.

"So, there's been talk of Magneto, there's been talk of Dr. Freeze, there has been talk of, who else are they talking about over there? Oh, Doom! And there is Professor X. Pick one? I'm going to go for something that is a little bit different. I'm going to go and put it out in the universe that it is Professor X."
    - Giancarlo Esposito
    Manifest it into existence, Julian "Big Brother Almighty"!

This would defiantly get me onboard with this version of Marvel's Merry Mutants.

EDIT:

And yeah, I don't think they have to have him be bald (the gray hair would probably be even better, and it would have all of the gravitas that's needed), and I don't feel that they have to have him be in a wheelchair either. Able-bodied is fine.

And just go with the presence that he already has...

And it would be such a striking introduction too.

Like, "Wait... you're Professor Charles Xavier? Professor X?"

"Yes, it's a pleasure meeting you... Ororo, isn't it...?"
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 08-07-2022 at 10:49 AM. Reason: just have Giancarlo Esposito be Giancarlo Esposito

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For example, make Storm and Thunderbird (don’t kill him in his MCU debut!) major characters, while possibly also changing a couple of established characters’ races. Cyclops being Hispanic, or half Hispanic on this mother’s side, for example.
    Ah, yes, Storm. Same black woman as "diversity" in every incarnation of the X-Men.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way