Page 267 of 288 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4314
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

How much creative control does Ryan Reynolds have over this movie anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Maybe, although he looks a lot older here compared to how he looked in The Wolverine and DOFP, which were both also set after The Last Stand.
    Not gonna lie, he looks like Captain Barbossa lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    A lot. He’s a producer on the film.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Not gonna lie, he looks like Captain Barbossa lol
    He is looking his age now, but I also think that's partly because of the shorter hair he's sporting.

I'm still wondering if this Wolverine is the Wolverine we've known in all the X-Men movies or maybe some variant. All we know is that Hugh Jackman promised that the film Logan would not be altered by this, so people have speculated that this Wolverine comes from a period before Logan takes place. But Deadpool's comments about the X-Men being gone indicate that this is either a reference to Logan or something else has happened.
    Considering how time travel works in the MCU, my theory is this Wolverine is the one from Logan, probably not too long after the Mansion incident where all the X-Men get killed. Wade and the TVA do their thing and pluck him from the timeline before the Logan story can start, thus causing a branch so that the events in that movie is in its own timeline.

I'm sure he bounces off the ideas with Feige and then they find ways to keep the connective tissue for the rest of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A lot. He’s a producer on the film.
    Good to hear because the more Feige interferes, the worse a project becomes

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Considering how time travel works in the MCU, my theory is this Wolverine is the one from Logan, probably not too long after the Mansion incident where all the X-Men get killed. Wade and the TVA do their thing and pluck him from the timeline before the Logan story can start, thus causing a branch so that the events in that movie is in its own timeline.
    That seems to make the most sense. Might also explain why he looks older because they're specifically going with that timeline.

Maybe, although he looks a lot older here compared to how he looked in The Wolverine and DOFP, which were both also set after The Last Stand.
    Because it's been 10 years since he portrayed as Wolverine(excluding OML)? It's a different universe where X2 hasn't happened yet with Deathstrike being on the film.

I'm still wondering if this Wolverine is the Wolverine we've known in all the X-Men movies or maybe some variant. All we know is that Hugh Jackman promised that the film Logan would not be altered by this, so people have speculated that this Wolverine comes from a period before Logan takes place. But Deadpool's comments about the X-Men being gone indicate that this is either a reference to Logan or something else has happened.
    It is probably the Wolverine from Deadpool 2's ending. That timeline might have branched off into an alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Because it's been 10 years since he portrayed as Wolverine(excluding OML)? It's a different universe where X2 hasn't happened yet with Deathstrike being on the film.
    Deathstrike appearing might only mean that she's been pulled from the timeline as well rather than X2 never occurred. I think if so much of the Wolverine we've seen in movies turns out to not be the same Wolverine we're getting, audiences will feel cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    It is probably the Wolverine from Deadpool 2's ending. That timeline might have branched off into an alternate universe.
    Wasn't Deadpool 2's ending set in the Dark Phoenix timeline? I'm expecting that entire era/timeline to never be addressed ever again.

Wasn't Deadpool 2's ending set in the Dark Phoenix timeline? I'm expecting that entire era/timeline to never be addressed ever again.
    No. I'm telling about when Wade traveled back in time to the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and killed the Weapon 11 version of Wade.

It's minor but I'm wondering if they'll point out the differences in time travel. Foxverse time travel worked different than the MCU's.

It's minor but I'm wondering if they'll point out the differences in time travel. Foxverse time travel worked different than the MCU's.
    It did. And I’m wondering the same. Whether it will be addressed somehow.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Not really. The time stone can alter history without creating alternate timelines.