Page 92 of 289 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4321

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah. And I might be wrong, but I don't see the point of introducing the concept of mutants so soon in the MCU if the X-men are really going to appear only 5 years from now after Secret Wars and as transplants from another universe.
    Are you referring to Kamala being a mutant? That was something the writers of the show came up with. Kevin Feige simply told them that they could do it when they asked him. It wasn't mandated by Marvel Studios.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 08-02-2022 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Changed "got" to "could"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Zazie Beetz was coy when asked if she was coming back for Deadpool 3 as Domino....which likely means she's back

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Are you referring to Kamala being a mutant? That was something the writers of the show came up with. Kevin Feige simply told them that they got do it when they asked him. It wasn't mandated by Marvel Studios.
    But he could have said no, or just said to leave it open for season 2 or for the Marvels. They could have waited on Namor as well. And they also brought Xavier pretty much the first chance they got.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Zazie Beetz was coy when asked if she was coming back for Deadpool 3 as Domino....which likely means she's back
    Hell yes. If she’s coming back, that means Brolin probably is too as Cable.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Are you referring to Kamala being a mutant? That was something the writers of the show came up with. Kevin Feige simply told them that they could do it when they asked him. It wasn't mandated by Marvel Studios.
    But he did agree to it. So mutants are already a thing in the MCU. That said, I'm not expecting the actual X-Men to really show up till after Secret Wars. Just the concept of mutants to play a increasingly large role

Concept Art from Ms Marvel showing a Cyclops cosplayer at AvengersCon

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hell yes. If she’s coming back, that means Brolin probably is too as Cable.
    And if they cast someone else, we can expect Deadpool to remark on it openly.

He might break into a rant about it for a minute or over the course of a montage, complaing how Brolin was perfect in the role and so on, creating the usual total confusion in his comrades.

And then the movie goes on, until maybe they do a follow up where Deadpool makes peace with Cable being played by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    But he did agree to it. So mutants are already a thing in the MCU. That said, I'm not expecting the actual X-Men to really show up till after Secret Wars. Just the concept of mutants to play a increasingly large role
    Considering the dynamic of super powers and super technology established in the MCU, the very presence of mutants in general should be a pretty big game changer by itself. So giving the writers time to explore and establish that before the mutants get their defacto own version of Avengers, sounds like a rather reasonable strategy to me.

Sure there allready were various sources of super powers in the MCU, but they all included some form of control. Even the Hulk and Spiderman, are the result of planned and at some stage controled actions.

Weapons, power armor, particles, artifical beings, ancient or alien artifacts, super soldier serums, empowerment from higher beings or sources, alien origins, magic teachings, etc. They all involved that something was given or taken to empower someone.

But now there are suddently people who just by existing randomly get super powers that can potentialy rival any of the above. It just throws all power dynamics into disarray.

And then there is of course the advantage that they can explore what it means to be a mutant for various characters first, without the spectre of having to belong to mutant only teams allready.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But he could have said no, or just said to leave it open for season 2 or for the Marvels. They could have waited on Namor as well. And they also brought Xavier pretty much the first chance they got.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Remember, Deadpool 3 is in development with writers and a director. The writers indicated that it is going to have a multiverse plot. So it would make sense for the 616 to have mutants to interact with.

Speaking of that film, the X-Men might appear in it. Deadpool joked about how Fox studios was keeping more X-Men members from appearing it due to budget reasons and Marvel Studios is not as cheap as Fox.

was hoping for a recast and faitful version of Domino under Marvel Studios, but oh well.....
    sad to see a creature/unique looking mutant from the comics changed to just another human form.

I just watched Antman and the Wasp for the first time and I guess it's already been discussed at length but...
    Michelle Pfeiffer as Professor X ! Joking. But she talked about how she "evolved" and has apparently some weird mental power ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    was hoping for a recast and faitful version of Domino under Marvel Studios, but oh well.....
    sad to see a creature/unique looking mutant from the comics changed to just another human form.
    Zazie was very well received in the role and a solid example of a race-swapped character that worked with minimal pushback from the fanbase, largely due to how much audiences liked her in the role but also because Domino is not exactly a household name. They'd be dumb to ditch her in the name of casting a white woman for comic accuracy IMO. I'd rather they just change her look to be more comic accurate while keeping Beetz in the role (e.g., change her hairstyle, make the spot around her eye black instead of white, etc.).

Just my $.02.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ryan Reynolds has apparently started training for Deadpool 3.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgzX7DSu...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Shea Coulee just got cast in Ironheart, and she was also the basis for Shade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Zazie was very well received in the role and a solid example of a race-swapped character that worked with minimal pushback from the fanbase, largely due to how much audiences liked her in the role but also because Domino is not exactly a household name. They'd be dumb to ditch her in the name of casting a white woman for comic accuracy IMO. I'd rather they just change her look to be more comic accurate while keeping Beetz in the role (e.g., change her hairstyle, make the spot around her eye black instead of white, etc.).

Just my $.02.
    Hell, they could have her undergo a secondary mutation leading to the bleached skin. And I mean make it PURE "not found in nature" white.

Taron Egerton character in black bird name is James or “Jimmy”…that’s too ironic