Page 74 of 292 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4371

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Really? The comics have a spotty track record on capitalising on what happens and who's big in the MCU, but in this case I fully expect Kamala to be revealed as a mutant in the comics by the end of the year. Her ongoing series has concluded and she's now featured in minis and one-shots featuring random team-ups - what better way to kick off a new ongoing than to reveal her mutant connection? I also expect her to headline a new X-teen team book eventually. Also, this:

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...iew-exclusive/
    The thing is just that neither Ms. Marvel or the X-Men really need each other and the X-Men have plenty of teen characters in general that they don't need Ms. Marvel.

And her more direct association/connection is with Avengers characters (even if she's admitted to fangirling and writing fanfics about X-Men). She leads a team made of mostly Avengers legacies.

At best I can see her being like Firestar.

Astonishing Member

Interestingly, the editor and writer behind her comic book creation (Sana Amanat and G. Willow Wilson) wanted her to be a mutant when they created her, but the Marvel higher-ups were starting their Inhumans push so they made them debut her as an Inhuman instead.

Edit: LOL never mind, just saw that somebody already beat me to that tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Interestingly, the editor and writer behind her comic book creation (Sana Amanat and G. Willow Wilson) wanted her to be a mutant when they created her, but the Marvel higher-ups were starting their Inhumans push so they made them debut her as an Inhuman instead.

Would we have gotten Lockjaw if she were a Mutant though...actually I wonder how much of her first run would've changed with that aspect, since the second half was pretty reliant on her Inhuman heritage.

I guess the fact that Carol Danvers was associated with the X-Men is more relevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

She was supposed to be a mutant from the start now? How convenient… I’ll file this information in the proper cabinet along with “there’s no editorial mandate against the x-men” brevoort & co kept repeating like a mantra.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Really? The comics have a spotty track record on capitalising on what happens and who's big in the MCU, but in this case I fully expect Kamala to be revealed as a mutant in the comics by the end of the year. Her ongoing series has concluded and she's now featured in minis and one-shots featuring random team-ups - what better way to kick off a new ongoing than to reveal her mutant connection? I also expect her to headline a new X-teen team book eventually.
    After years of people saying "The origin of her powers are irrelevant. It's her character that counts" are going to reveal themselves as hypocrites. I agree. She'll get her retcon very soon and probably headline an X-book as a welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So are inhumans and mutants. I meant which type of super power origins do they now have?
    Inhumans aren't humans. The Earth mutants are human mutants, but being a mutant means you're homo superior not a homo sapiens, so they both are not humans. So anyway, they are human mutates like Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member

No spoilers needed because this all happened like 40 years ago in the comics LOL. Rogue didn't get any energy absorption powers from Carol Danvers because Carol didn't have those back then, just flight, super-strength and resistance and a "seventh sense".
    If the absorption does happen MCU that would make Rogue one of the more OP mutants right? At least among the straightforward powerhouses.

Fantastic Member

I think it is interesting how both Bruno and Kamala just shrugged off the news about her being a mutant. Seems like the mutants are new to the MCU and there are currently not many of them known to public. Personally I hope it means what MCU plans to go with "all mutants are new and just started to appear" instead of "mutants were always around, but no one knew". They can easily use all the end-of-the-world-events that happened in the last decade of their world to explain how evolution was triggered and mutants started to manifest. First movie would be then about more mutants appearing all over the world and some of them gathering together into team. Personally I wouldn't mind at all if "mutants are new" would meant no Xavier, no Magneto, Apocalypse, and all the other old mutants. We already had movies with them. To me, Xavier is not important to X-Men, I never considered him as integral part. The team would work even better without him, if they gathered together on their own, sharing the same dream, instead of Xavier going all around the world enforcing his vision on them.

I personally really hope the X-Men will be a good representation of edgy Generation Z. Less Peter Parker and Kamala Khan goodie two shoes and more Euphoria cast...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think it is interesting how both Bruno and Kamala just shrugged off the news about her being a mutant. Seems like the mutants are new to the MCU and there are currently not many of them known to public. Personally I hope it means what MCU plans to go with "all mutants are new and just started to appear" instead of "mutants were always around, but no one knew".
    Yeah I thought that was really interesting. Bruno and Kamala are both geeks and they didn't seem to have a clue mutants exist. Kamala shrugs it off as "just another label" because mutants aren't a thing in the MCU yet, nor is there a word for them just yet. Granted, the director of the next/first X-Men movie might decide to go in a different direction and reveal mutants have always been there, and Bruno/Kamala's reaction will then have a different explanation, but that's how I see it with what little we've been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She was supposed to be a mutant from the start now? How convenient… I’ll file this information in the proper cabinet along with “there’s no editorial mandate against the x-men” brevoort & co kept repeating like a mantra.
    I suppose Willow Wilson, who's not a Marvel employee, could easily disprove this if it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They aren't even publishing any solo books of mutants because they are always associated to a team.
    You're missing an obvious one, lol. Wolverine (though, granted, he did debut in Incredible Hulk). Sabertooth also has his own book (though again, didn't he debut in Iron Fist?).

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    So the last show is just her running away from the FBI and getting her name and costume.
    Damage Control, not the FBI.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're missing an obvious one, lol. Wolverine (though, granted, he did debut in Incredible Hulk). Sabertooth also has his own book (though again, didn't he debut in Iron Fist?).

Damage Control, not the FBI.
    They have a lot of teen mutants that are POC that could leave Krakoa and go home and live amongst humans and have adventures there to make them more grounded. But they aren't because that's not what mutants/X-Men are. Their brand/franchise is wearing a logo because they are a team. The "solo" mutants were made because they couldn't be bothered with an origin story and just wanted to go straight into the character which in itself is lazy writing, but that was their original intent. Meta humans with no origin story.

Damage Control is a fictional version of it.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-comic-co...ent-ms-marvel/

Might still be too early but one can hope I guess? The timing with that Ms. Marvel finale would be quite perfect though.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-comic-co...ent-ms-marvel/

Might still be too early but one can hope I guess? The timing with that Ms. Marvel finale would be quite perfect though.
    So many rumors flying around too… Taron Egerton as Wolverine, the Russo Bros doing a Wolverine movie, Margot Robbie as Emma Frost, Glen Powell as Cyclops and Giancarlo Esposito as Prof X, etc. I doubt all or even most of that is true, but lots of smoke on the horizon… and where there’s smoke there’s usually fire. Fingers crossed.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So many rumors flying around too… Taron Egerton as Wolverine, the Russo Bros doing a Wolverine movie, Margot Robbie as Emma Frost, Glen Powell as Cyclops and Giancarlo Esposito as Prof X, etc. I doubt all or even most of that is true, but lots of smoke on the horizon… and where there’s smoke there’s usually fire. Fingers crossed.
    You should take all those casting rumors with a HUGE grain of salt because at least a few of them are cases of actors and agents pushing for themselves or their clients- the Taron Egerton one being the most clear example.