Page 29 of 276 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think give Sentinals a different take. Like Trask builds them to actually help citizens and not cause destruction, but the govermnent seems them as just tools to replace superheroes.
    Won't work since the Sentinals shoddy programing is the root cause of the problems with them.

Rogue on her own series (as the rumor goes) in her time with the sorority and delve into her family relationship with Destiny and Mystique.
    and have some missions as criminals,.
    then make a cameo in a movie so that Carol Danvers lowers the power levels, or duplicates Wonderman and we have it closer to the real story of her and all the original powers of her.

Then go to Xavier to get help with his mutant powers.
    and we have a decent and dignified presentation for Rogue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Won't work since the Sentinals shoddy programing is the root cause of the problems with them.
    They could change it around a bit. Initially Sentinels only go after actually dangerous mutants, but then the government thinks anyone with an X-gene is a potential time bomb and/or useful tool, so they're sent to kill or capture all mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rogue on her own series (as the rumor goes) in her time with the sorority and delve into her family relationship with Destiny and Mystique.
    and have some missions as criminals,.
    then make a cameo in a movie so that Carol Danvers lowers the power levels, or duplicates Wonderman and we have it closer to the real story of her and all the original powers of her.

Then go to Xavier to get help with his mutant powers.
    and we have a decent and dignified presentation for Rogue.
    Rogue could work in her own series, especially if they do Mystique correctly this time, and bring in supporting appearances by other X-Men. She doesn't need to lower Carol Danvers' power levels, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    They could change it around a bit. Initially Sentinels only go after actually dangerous mutants, but then the government thinks anyone with an X-gene is a potential time bomb and/or useful tool, so they're sent to kill or capture all mutants

Rogue could work in her own series, especially if they do Mystique correctly this time, and bring in supporting appearances by other X-Men. She doesn't need to lower Carol Danvers' power levels, though.
    Exactly, the proper way would be Rogue and Mystique in her series, themed on her sorority days, and then slowly introduce the facts that will make her join the Xmen. That is to say that she goes through her redemption path from villain to heroine.

Storm I would like to introduce yourself even though it's how cameo in BP could be interesting too.

I mentioned reducing Carol's power levels, because I think she's too inflated for her to be a team player in the MCU movies ... they would still leave her with much of her powers but at more manageable levels for team issues, and so with that you would have not only one but two powerhouses, one for the Avengers and one for the xmen. Carol and Rogue .

Amazing Member

Sentinels not just designed for hunting mutants and someone highjacking them for that would work and move away from the implications that them just created to hunt mutants would mean.

A Rogue Solo would be great but I am not a fan of the lowering of Captain Marvels power level, too.

Taking some inspiration from the Ultimate X-Men start would work I think.

Amazing Member

Exactly, the proper way would be Rogue and Mystique in her series, themed on her sorority days, and then slowly introduce the facts that will make her join the Xmen. That is to say that she goes through her redemption path from villain to heroine.

Storm I would like to introduce yourself even though it's how cameo in BP could be interesting too.

I mentioned reducing Carol's power levels, because I think she's too inflated for her to be a team player in the MCU movies ... they would still leave her with much of her powers but at more manageable levels for team issues, and so with that you would have not only one but two powerhouses, one for the Avengers and one for the xmen. Carol and Rogue .
    Or they could just show how she needs to absorb energy to reach the high end of her power. Her powering up has been shown before, but how important it is not. That would put her on a certain power level without the need to power her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    Or they could just show how she needs to absorb energy to reach the high end of her power. Her powering up has been shown before, but how important it is not. That would put her on a certain power level without the need to power her down.
    Rogue has always had a potential for unlimited powers, and it is known her power developed to the maximum is to channel past powers, even this they did very well showing it in XMEvolution ,.
    but in cinema I don't know if they would take the time.
    that's why he mentioned that the idea of ​​duplicating or permanently snatching a powerset is an idea that always works.
    And it can also be a plot and redemption device for Rogue, like they did in the comics.

Having a traumatic encounter with someone and taking away a whole or part of something as important as their powers it from hee is the kind of drama and motivation that Rogue needs for her proper introduction into the MCU.

But we'll see how they approach it.

Incredible Member

Still won't work. Sentinel software detect mutated gene,sine any gene has the potential to mutate->catch-22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Or one could link them to the power armor arms race that was part of the plot in Iron Man 2, which among other things resulted in the HAMMER drones. Essentialy doing a pretty large circle back to one of the earliest MCU movies, giving them a stronger foundation in continuity of that world.

It would also help with giving them a stronger technological foundation unlike the original comics (the size jump from the Mark Is to the IIs always felt somewhat jarring to me) or the Days of Future Past movie, where apparently the US military was able to build giant flying autonomous operating combat robots in the 1970's, which then never affected the rest of the world's military or technological development.

Meanwhile it in the MCU it seems that after an initial rush to go into a power armor arms race, most factions eventualy mothballed it (no other power armored enemies showed up in the MCU and the US military settled with the War Machine armor as what seems to be mainly a PR showcase), likely because they couldn't replicate the micro-arc reactor or onboard AI Stark had access too and because super soldiers became the more interesting subject.

However the appereance of mutants could convince certain groups or even nations to revive these projects as cheaper alternative to the problematic super soldier projects. Trask in particular could show up as figurehead of a new generation of tech creators trying to fill the shoes of the now deceased Stark.

Infact it could also be interesting seeing the Sentinels start as three different projects.

One starts with revisiting the HAMMER/Ultron drones as automated (therefor psi-immune) anti-mutant police units, who can move into buildings and arrest mutants, potentialy leading to the creation of Nimrod class Sentinels.

One starts with revisting the power armors as protection for humans against mutant powers, but eventualy leading to the idea of implanting anti-mutant tech directly into "enforcers", potentialy resulting in the creation of Prime Sentinels.

And one starts with ideas original developed to fight the hulk via legged combat vehicles, leading to the bigger city destroying Sentinels, just less humanoid in appearance.
    They could the route marvel did for a while with Sentinels having human pilots. Start them out like that and then after a few pilots get killed they switch to them to being more like remote drones with advanced AI but still controlled by a person. At some point the AI eventually takes over full control. Having a human pilot would give them a good reason to be so big originally instead of the more scaled down Nimrod versions.

Ultimate Member

Eh, I think the problem is just writers not writing stories around being super powerful. Just being super strong and flying doesn't make you invincible. And not every story needs to end in 'who punches the hardes'

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    Sentinels not just designed for hunting mutants and someone highjacking them for that would work and move away from the implications that them just created to hunt mutants would mean.

A Rogue Solo would be great but I am not a fan of the lowering of Captain Marvels power level, too.

Taking some inspiration from the Ultimate X-Men start would work I think.
    Who do you think would hijack them? Anti-mutant government agents, or possibly an evil mutant? Because I think sentinels capturing mutants to experiment on them has potential to be more interesting storyline. Like they want to create their own Weapons-X

Still won't work. Sentinel software detect mutated gene,sine any gene has the potential to mutate->catch-22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22
    But maybe they're originally only programmed to hunt mutants who've already caused damage in this version

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I don't know if anyone has touched on this but, the one thing the MCU introduction of mutantkind will be missing is the struggle.

I mean, that's a trademark of the whole creation of the X-Men even the Brotherhood, Mutant Liberation Front, etc. Fighting for the right to live and freedom is the crux of mutants lives... it's what's led to Krakoa, years of violence, intolerance and infighting amongst mutants.

Mutants appearance will be possibly new to the MCU so humanity will have yet to form it's opinions of them let alone creating slave labor islands, registration laws and Sentinels.

Unless we're going to see the rise of persecution and prejudice against mutants in the coming films, the formation of the X-Men, fighting for a world that fears and hates them, loses its impact.

But then again, we may be getting a whole new concept altogether as well...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Ultimate Member

Not necessarily. People might still be afraid of mutants accidentally or intentionally hurting people. But as for prejudice, I don't think it works anymore

Incredible Member

Eh, I think the problem is just writers not writing stories around being super powerful. Just being super strong and flying doesn't make you invincible. And not every story needs to end in 'who punches the hardes'

Who do you think would hijack them? Anti-mutant government agents, or possibly an evil mutant? Because I think sentinels capturing mutants to experiment on them has potential to be more interesting storyline. Like they want to create their own Weapons-X

But maybe they're originally only programmed to hunt mutants who've already caused damage in this version
    Define damage and mutants. Then you're tossing in a whole host of legal and civil rights issues into the mix....

Ultimate Member

Define damage and mutants. Then you're tossing in a whole host of legal and civil rights issues into the mix....
    Like, accidentally damaging someone's car or house because they couldn't fully control their powers yet. Or intentionally using their powers to mind control someone into doing their bidding. Stuff like that, only people are afraid it could be their neighbor, or even their kid.

Astonishing Member

Does Marvel (now Disney) still claim X-men aren't legaly humans so they get a better tax deal on their toy/model figures?