Page 63 of 268 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Phase 4 has been subpar in my opinion. I think a lot of that honestly has to do with the pandemic. These movies plan for years and COVID causes so many delays, quick changes, and labor shortages so everything has seemed chaotic and half-baked with the exception of WandaVision and Spider-Man. Not necessarily terrible, but not to the standard previous MCU movies had.

I'm hoping they wind down a lot of the current MCU characters by the time The Mutants comes about so we can pivot to Fantastic Four and multiple X-Teams. I think we are getting lost in the weeds with some of these legacy characters that are bogged down by too much backstory from the MCU.

I think phase 4 has been fine. The TV shows were all from terrible to mediocre, but the MCU was always more about films. Phase 4 has had few movies, but they were good.

Since an F4 movie is coming, I'd have its post-credits scene be Reed Richards being called by his friend Hank McCoy (human form) to show genes of a supposed sick child he found, revealing to Reed (and the MCU) the existence of the x-gene. Then Hank would reveal the DNA sample is actually his. In the forthcoming X-Men movie I'd reveal that mutants always existed, but there were so few of them (not more than thousands worldwide) that no one cared and their existence remained a mystery and an urban legend; and the X-Men led by Professor X are in action for a long time now. But after the snap, x-genes that were dormant became active and mutants began appearing. Magneto would be the villain and he would instigate the hate for mutants by talking about humans becoming extinct and mutants coming to replace them. In further movies it'd be revealed that S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury knew of their existence.

I don't want Krakoa and I don't want mutants to be recently created in the MCU.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 06-15-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    2025.......uff, that is still such a long time to keep waiting....
    I’m done waiting. Have checked out of the MCU until the mutants get there. Don’t think I’m going to miss anything that I care about honestly.

There’s enough other less silly content out there to keep me satisfied until 2025.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I think phase 4 has been fine. The TV shows were all from terrible to mediocre, but the MCU was always more about films. Phase 4 has had few movies, but they were good.

Since an F4 movie is coming, I'd have its post-credits scene be Reed Richards being called by his friend Hank McCoy (human form) to show genes of a supposed sick child he found, revealing to Reed (and the MCU) the existence of the x-gene. Then Hank would reveal the DNA sample is actually his. In the forthcoming X-Men movie I'd reveal that mutants always existed, but there were so few of them (not more than thousands worldwide) that no one cared and their existence remained a mystery and an urban legend; and the X-Men led by Professor X are in action for a long time now. But after the snap, x-genes that were dormant became active and mutants began appearing. Magneto would be the villain and he would instigate the hate for mutants by talking about humans becoming extinct and mutants coming to replace them. In further movies it'd be revealed that S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury knew of their existence.

I don't want Krakoa and I don't want mutants to be recently created in the MCU.
    After Multiverse of Madness, I think mutant's absence is going to be linked to the TVA's influence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    After Multiverse of Madness, I think mutant's absence is going to be linked to the TVA's influence.
    I joked before that there is likely a division of the TVA staffed by a tribe of early humans (i didn't use "cave men" because that just invites corrections) with super powers, who act like they are in a spin off of The Office

They were the early homo sapiens who by chance encountered a Celestial who was inspecting Earth and for unknown reasons decided to perform some alteration on them, creating the X-gene, which they would have then spread in dormant state among the rest of humanity, where it would keep flaring up everytime Earth experienced a larger "energy spike" including the first nuclear bombs.

Only the TVA stepped in, arrested them as illegal variants, placed a time altering device and made their alternate version take the wrong turn at Alburquerque.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I joked before that there is likely a division of the TVA staffed by a tribe of early humans (i didn't use "cave men" because that just invites corrections) with super powers, who act like they are in a spin off of The Office

They were the early homo sapiens who by chance encountered a Celestial who was inspecting Earth and for unknown reasons decided to perform some alteration on them, creating the X-gene, which they would have then spread in dormant state among the rest of humanity, where it would keep flaring up everytime Earth experienced a larger "energy spike" including the first nuclear bombs.

Only the TVA stepped in, arrested them as illegal variants, placed a time altering device and made their alternate version take the wrong turn at Alburquerque.
    Holy $#!t… that would make an incredible plot for Deadpool 3, with Cable and Wade involved and running from the TVA. And Domino of course (Zazie Beetz is awesome; so is Josh Brolin). Love it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Holy $#!t… that would make an incredible plot for Deadpool 3, with Cable and Wade involved and running from the TVA. And Domino of course (Zazie Beetz is awesome; so is Josh Brolin). Love it.
    Deadpool 3 could be an adaptation of Messiah War. With the TVA replacing Bishop as the people chasing Cable and Hope through the timestream.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just thought I'd update the thread with the latest chatter on the MCU X-Men movies:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/taron-...feige-meeting/

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ru...n-fun-project/

I said "chatter" because these are not even rumours at this stage, just Hollywood people offering commentary on their possible future involvement. Still hoping to get something, however small, out of Comicon this month or D23 in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Just thought I'd update the thread with the latest chatter on the MCU X-Men movies:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/taron-...feige-meeting/

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ru...n-fun-project/

I said "chatter" because these are not even rumours at this stage, just Hollywood people offering commentary on their possible future involvement. Still hoping to get something, however small, out of Comicon this month or D23 in September.
    Funny how Wolverine is the only character we ever hear casting rumors about and that there are folks who truly believe Marvel will sideline him for the first MCU X-Men film because of how Fox treated the franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Funny how Wolverine is the only character we ever hear casting rumors about and that there are folks who truly believe Marvel will sideline him for the first MCU X-Men film because of how Fox treated the franchise.
    Wolverine can be introduced online in a film, or before that say in a Captain America film. The first version of Professor X appeared in a Dr. Strange film.

The Fox movies introduced a lot of characters they never got to develop, and too much focus on Wolverine only part of the problem. There was no shared universe to develop characters out of the main films like tbe Avengers had. Individual mutants or maybe lesser known groups of mutants need their own Disney Plus series or need to in the series of others.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wolverine can be introduced online in a film, or before that say in a Captain America film. The first version of Professor X appeared in a Dr. Strange film.

The Fox movies introduced a lot of characters they never got to develop, and too much focus on Wolverine only part of the problem. There was no shared universe to develop characters out of the main films like tbe Avengers had. Individual mutants or maybe lesser known groups of mutants need their own Disney Plus series or need to in the series of others.
    Steve Rogers' story is done in the MCU, they're going forward with Sam Wilson now... Logan won't show up there. I also believe Xavier will be casted by a different actor for an MCU X-Men flick as the Patrick Stewart version was just a variant/easter egg. Wolverine is the X-Men's biggest star and an important character to the franchise, he'll be there whether folks like it or not. With his PS5 game coming out in a few years, they'll have his MCU costume as an unlockable for that movie synergy most likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Steve Rogers' story is done in the MCU, they're going forward with Sam Wilson now... Logan won't show up there. I also believe Xavier will be casted by a different actor for an MCU X-Men flick as the Patrick Stewart version was just a variant/easter egg. Wolverine is the X-Men's biggest star and an important character to the franchise, he'll be there whether folks like it or not. With his PS5 game coming out in a few years, they'll have his MCU costume as an unlockable for that movie synergy most likely.
    I was giving random examples on how the XMen could be introduced. I did not intend to suggest Wolverine is actually going to appear in Captain America. Only that it could be a good way of introduce him before he appears in his own MCU. Tbe point was MCU would do better to introduce certain mutants solo.

Though I'm pretty sure the artist debunks these as actual work for MCU in the Tweet replies, interesting casting choices by Lucas Werneck:
    Karl Urban as Wolverine. And the name Victoria Pedretti is being suggested for the model being used for Jean (I'm not familiar with her and its just a mouth to go by!)
    https://twitter.com/LukasWerneck/sta...485312/photo/1
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Urban is almost Jackman's age, he's not really a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Though I'm pretty sure the artist debunks these as actual work for MCU in the Tweet replies, interesting casting choices by Lucas Werneck:
    Karl Urban as Wolverine. And the name Victoria Pedretti is being suggested for the model being used for Jean (I'm not familiar with her and its just a mouth to go by!)
    https://twitter.com/LukasWerneck/sta...485312/photo/1
    Haha. I can totally see the guys from the boys playing wolverine. Though jean I think the actress that plays max on stranger things would make a good jean if they were going younger. But then I think the guy who played her boyfriend (terrible with names from stranger for some reason. Lol) would make a good synch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/