Page 187 of 278 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4165

Sounds more like Deadpool (feat. Wolverine) Kills the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Or the Fox-verse .

It has needed to be put out of its misery for a couple of decades now, so I'm looking forward to Deadpool 3 way more than I did the first 2. I liked them, but he's far from my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This particular scooper has been consistently tweeting out stuff both before and after the Jennifer Garner news, to be fair. Especially this past week.

Or the TVA already caught up to Cable and sent him back to his own time…
    She didn't say anything about Jennifer before the news.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It sounds like House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    She didn't say anything about Jennifer before the news.
    Here, let me help you out... this is the post I was responding to...

"I love how as soon as a reputable trade (THR) reported Jennifer Garner coming back as Elektra, every "scooper" jumped on the bandwagon and tweeted out a bunch of stuff about other characters appearing (or not, in Cable's case) LOL"

Hence why I said this particular scooper has been constantly tweeting out stuff both before and after that announcement. About other characters. Not Jennifer Garner. Because I was responding to the above bolded portion.

It sounds like House of M.
    It definitely sounds like an adaptation of House of M, where Deadpool lands in a House of M style timeline at least. For at least part of the film anyway, if these rumors hold true.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

A bit of a piggyback on an earlier post but in the same Q&A she did, Olsen was caught saying she is having a lot of fun with the jobs coming up. The thing is there is only one project that has been made public yet so the rumor mill can keep churning

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxqrVUuAd...Kc1nSdflD2Uqhu
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    A bit of a piggyback on an earlier post but in the same Q&A she did, Olsen was caught saying she is having a lot of fun with the jobs coming up. The thing is there is only one project that has been made public yet so the rumor mill can keep churning

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxqrVUuAd...Kc1nSdflD2Uqhu
    Although has Lizzie been confirmed for any new Marvel productions? Everything from Agatha to Deadpool is still rumours at this stage I think?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Just throwing it out there, but Disney seriously will need to let go of Jackman if they want his replacement to have the slightest of chances in the MCU. You'd make a Wolverine x Wolverine movie during which he passes an actual torch to his MCU successor and people would just be annoyed they didn't watch a movie with two Jackmans.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but Disney seriously will need to let go of Jackman if they want his replacement to have the slightest of chances in the MCU. You'd make a Wolverine x Wolverine movie during which he passes an actual torch to his MCU successor and people would just be annoyed they didn't watch a movie with two Jackmans.
    Kevin Feige said that they won't recast certain characters (hence no new Green Goblin or Doc Ock and that's why they got JK Simmons back as JJJ). A half-confirmed rumor suggests that applies to some X-Men characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Although has Lizzie been confirmed for any new Marvel productions? Everything from Agatha to Deadpool is still rumours at this stage I think?
    She will voice Wanda in What If? Season 2 but besides that it's just rumors. She has made comments all year though that hint at things being in the pipeline that we don't know about yet. That was just the latest example of such a thing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Kevin Feige said that they won't recast certain characters (hence no new Green Goblin or Doc Ock and that's why they got JK Simmons back as JJJ). A half-confirmed rumor suggests that applies to some X-Men characters as well.
    Yeah, but JJJ and Green Goblin aren't Wolverine. Besides, apart from Logan, every role in the X-Men movies has been recast already

I really hope this "too perfect to recast" approach doesn't apply to the X-Men. I love Jackman as Wolverine and Stewart as Charles and I'll always enjoy them in those roles but they will soon get to a point where they're too old to play those characters. I'm ready to move on from them once all the Multiverse hijinks are done and we get to a proper X-Men reboot at long last.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really hope this "too perfect to recast" approach doesn't apply to the X-Men. I love Jackman as Wolverine and Stewart as Charles and I'll always enjoy them in those roles but they will soon get to a point where they're too old to play those characters. I'm ready to move on from them once all the Multiverse hijinks are done and we get to a proper X-Men reboot at long last.
    I think it's more the fact that there will be no repeated stories happening. These FOX appearances will serve as one last hurrah and definite end to them and the stories they have told. Whatever the MCU take will be will go in a new and fresh direction free from what audiences have already seen before. There will be new takes, new dynamics, new relationships. Pretty much how Spider-Man was handled and with No Way Home serving as a reminder that none of those old villains will actually a be a real part of Spider-Mans world.

And I think Feige has the absolute right take on this. It doesn't even make sense to showcase these FOX characters from a different universe and then immediately do the exact same stories just with a different set of actors in a different universe. I think some people should start bracing for impact soon because there is a group of people who hope of seeing "Story X done right" and they will be in for a rude awakening because that won't be happening. Those stories are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but JJJ and Green Goblin aren't Wolverine. Besides, apart from Logan, every role in the X-Men movies has been recast already
    Yes. However, the prequel cast were meant to be temporary replacements for the original X-Men. They were just playing earlier versions of the same characters, not new versions. The prequel cast was also living in the original cast's shadow.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-10-2023 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I think it's more the fact that there will be no repeated stories happening. These FOX appearances will serve as one last hurrah and definite end to them and the stories they have told. Whatever the MCU take will be will go in a new and fresh direction free from what audiences have already seen before. There will be new takes, new dynamics, new relationships. Pretty much how Spider-Man was handled and with No Way Home serving as a reminder that none of those old villains will actually a be a real part of Spider-Mans world.

And I think Feige has the absolute right take on this. It doesn't even make sense to showcase these FOX characters from a different universe and then immediately do the exact same stories just with a different set of actors in a different universe. I think some people should start bracing for impact soon because there is a group of people who hope of seeing "Story X done right" and they will be in for a rude awakening because that won't be happening. Those stories are done.
    I wouldn't necessarily take the approach taken with Spider-Man as the blueprint of what Marvel will do with the X-Men. The Spider-Man situation is exceptional by any standards: Disney had to prove they could do something different from Sony, inextricably link Spider-Man to their own universe while leaving a lot of villains off the table because of Sony's own spin-off plans. And while I'm sure Feige & friends won't immediately retread old ground with the mutant, I can't imagine they won't wanna put their own spin on the X-Men vs Magneto, Weapon X, the Phoenix Saga and everything we've already seen in the Fox movies at some point.