Page 121 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3789

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, Jackman wasn't an old man . Early 30's is more than enough to appeal to younger audiences. You also seems to miss the points that:

a) MCU doesn't need to pander to Twilight crowd, they already make more money than that in most cases (that is true to Bond as well);
    b) The Twilight crowd is now 10-15 years older (same is true for people that followed the MCU from the start;
    c) The older audiences have more money, because inequality.

Also, the producers said they want a younger Bond, but that means younger than Daniel Craig, not that they'll start with a 20 year old. Nearly all the actors mentioned for the role are around Craig's age when he started.
    I think your missing the point I'm talking about adjusting demographics so I mean the people who are the age now that people were when twilight came out. Not those same people going to see the same thing. But in essence I think comic fans give themselves more credit then they deserve especially when they are helming what they themselves are perfectly happy to call a dying industry rather than evolve beyond status quo. They have boomer mentality.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-24-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    When it comes to generation Z, X-Men: Evolution and the movies were many people's introduction to the X-Men. Not the 90s cartoon.
    If streaming didn’t exist, I would agree with you. Actually, year ago, I still would have agreed with you, even with streaming existing. Because I would not expect teens and such to have seen the 90’s cartoon. I also did not expect to see junior high kids in the neighborhood to be wearing Dundee Mifflin shirts or to see a 12 year old in a Dwight costume at Halloween, but that happened. I didn’t expect Firestar, a character from a cartoon that’s even older, to not only win the online X-men twitter vote, but win by a large margin, but that happened. I didn’t expect Disney to make a continuation of the 90’s series as there first x-men project. And I didn’t expect the reason for it be that the streaming numbers were very high, aparrently higher than the other X-men cartoons and the movies, but that happened. So while I don’t have a scientific survey of of all Gen Z, on what their first and/or favorite version of the X-men is, clearly more of them know about than we thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Disney turning down a chance to enchant the tweens with a self healing againsty teen/ young adult with claws and a healing factor?
    That's X-23. And Dafne Keen is just the right age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's X-23. And Dafne Keen is just the right age.
    Time will tell.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wolverine as a tween is very unlikely. With Young Avengers they have way more scope to do that with those characters. They don’t need him to be a teen to be a hit with the public - look at Yelena, Black Widow, Loki, Bucky, Banner. All of which got insane, obsessive interest from vocal fans. Even now you’re seeing it with Wanda. He just needs to be dark haired and torn up inside to be one of those men hahaha.

God it’s an awful idea. It would be the first thing to just turn me off the MCU honestly

But I’m fairly confident they won’t go that route. With the Wolverine game on the way and X-Men ‘97, I don’t think brand synergy will allow for a teen wolverine haha
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 09-25-2022 at 01:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think your missing the point I'm talking about adjusting demographics so I mean the people who are the age now that people were when twilight came out. Not those same people going to see the same thing. But in essence I think comic fans give themselves more credit then they deserve especially when they are helming what they themselves are perfectly happy to call a dying industry rather than evolve beyond status quo. They have boomer mentality.
    If they want to appeal to younger female audiences by casting younger good looking male actors they can do that with...literally every other X-men apart from Beast and Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If streaming didn’t exist, I would agree with you. Actually, year ago, I still would have agreed with you, even with streaming existing. Because I would not expect teens and such to have seen the 90’s cartoon. I also did not expect to see junior high kids in the neighborhood to be wearing Dundee Mifflin shirts or to see a 12 year old in a Dwight costume at Halloween, but that happened. I didn’t expect Firestar, a character from a cartoon that’s even older, to not only win the online X-men twitter vote, but win by a large margin, but that happened. I didn’t expect Disney to make a continuation of the 90’s series as there first x-men project. And I didn’t expect the reason for it be that the streaming numbers were very high, aparrently higher than the other X-men cartoons and the movies, but that happened. So while I don’t have a scientific survey of of all Gen Z, on what their first and/or favorite version of the X-men is, clearly more of them know about than we thought.
    Maybe, but again, my original point still stands that the movies were much more seen than the cartoons.

That said, I'm pretty sure most of the viewership of those cartoons is people that grow up with it re-watching it (the same is true with The Office or Friends, for that matter)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://thedirect.com/article/ms-marvel-season-2-video

El Arbi's post sounds to me more like rallying the fans than hinting that a Ms. Marvel season 2 has been greenlighted, but here you go anyway.

I find it very relevant to this thread as a second season is bound to reveal more about Kamala's mutation and given the current state of affairs, a Ms. Marvel season 2 could see the light sooner than the first X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/ms-marvel-season-2-video

El Arbi's post sounds to me more like rallying the fans than hinting that a Ms. Marvel season 2 has been greenlighted, but here you go anyway.

I find it very relevant to this thread as a second season is bound to reveal more about Kamala's mutation and given the current state of affairs, a Ms. Marvel season 2 could see the light sooner than the first X-Men movie.
    If they have any sense, they'll use it to introduce one X-Men or two in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If they have any sense, they'll use it to introduce one X-Men or two in it.
    Neal Shaara perhaps?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    Neal Shaara perhaps?
    If they are going to use one of the Indian mutants, I'd suspect Trinary would be higher on the list, if only because she's more recent (and has much cheaper powers to show on TV!).

(Even if I'd prefer Timeslip or Indra, although I can't imagine they'd make Indra purple (what, the POC is literally painted another color?!), or name him Indra (the Indian kid is named after one of their gods?!), so, yeah...)

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    Neal Shaara perhaps?
    Heh, no. I meant someone who's likely to be in the X-men team, like Cyclops or Storm. Would just be pointless to introduce random unknown X-men.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Tenoch Huerta confirmed officially that Namor is a mutant. So that's two officially so far. People also pointed out that spoilers:
    both Titania and Mr. Immortal were on the DODC's board in Ms. Marvel. If they make Mr. Immortal back into a Mutant, maybe Titania is one too? They never explained either of their powers origin so it would make sense.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-26-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Was Ms. Marvel 100% confirmed to be a mutant? Remember there being an interview with the actress where she said she “hoped” she would be a mutant. I’m pretty sure she will be but have they come out and said it?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Was Ms. Marvel 100% confirmed to be a mutant? Remember there being an interview with the actress where she said she “hoped” she would be a mutant. I’m pretty sure she will be but have they come out and said it?
    I would say the show saying her powers come from a mutation with the TAS theme playing in the background is mostly confirmation, but I guess there is room for them to change their minds.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    They've made it clear she's definitely intended to be a mutant. They played the song and specifically mentioned that she was going to be a mutant in the comics but it was changed because of the editorial push of the Inhumans