Page 273 of 289 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4321

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    A few folks noted that the Deadpool trailer was reposted in the stories of MCU’s official Loki, Doctor Strange, and Antman Insta accounts. We all know the connections to those characters, thanks to the trailer.

…but it was also reposted by the Captain Marvel account.

Hoping that confirms what I think it does.

When it comes to female characters (especially those played by women of color and/or over the age of thirty) being ignored or overlooked in favor of their male counterparts in these movies, I’m never surprised.

Which is partly why I’m so excited that it looks like Kelly Hu and Dania Ramirez might be back as Deathstrike and Callisto from that group scene in the Void.

Tbh I pretty much accepted that Rogue might not have any scenes with Gambit from jump, even if they’re both in it - just because that relationship has never been a priority for any of the men making these movies (nor most of them behind the comics lbr). Even Tatum’s scrapped Gambit movie that he had full creative control over cast some hot blonde as his ex-wife instead of including Rogue, so I doubt it would be a priority for him either lol. (And Reynolds is a Duggan fan, so there’s an equal possibility we’ll just get Deadpool flirting with her instead.)

The only Rogue variant I’d want to see (other than the animated version Cool World style, or a surprise reveal of MCU’s Brotherhood Rogue) is Keke Palmer, since she’s perfect and it’s a waste to not see her in the role at least once.

The rumor I’ve seen lately - out of nowhere - is Alexandra Daddario as a Rogue variant, which I’m praying is not something actually leaked from the recent test screenings and is just specific men trying to manifest their favorite fancast from ten years ago, since they were already successful getting Dafne Keene back by complaining loudly enough (she was not part of either of the initial shoots; which makes the sudden “her role is way bigger than a cameo” rumors really wild).
    The Captain Marvel repost could be more a reference to Beast and the X-Mansion showing up but I hope it means more than just that.

I've noticed Jubilee is the only 90s TAS character not even referenced so far. Beast has The Marvels ending and the rest of the cast is rumored in the leaks but Jubilee hasn't been mentioned once. And apparently the scene from the trailer of Logan and Deadpool's power walk is supposed to feature Gambit, X-23, and Dazzler who were just cut out of the trailer. So the family dynamic of Logan, Gambit, X-23, and Jubilee from the comics is now being subverted with Dazzler replacing Jubilee. Not a fan of that. I don't mind Dazzler's cameo but I don't see the point in placing her in that scene where she doesn't belong.

Deathstrike coming back didn't surprise me but I never thought Callisto would return. I hope that doesn't mean another scene with Storm getting beaten up.

The Gambit movie not including Rogue didn't bother me that much since I assumed it was covering his prior history and it would eventually lead to Rogue popping up in a future installment. Since she's not part of his origin, unlike Belladonna, that makes perfect sense to me. What doesn't make sense is having a movie with 90s themed X-Men and not featuring these two together but at this point, I'll take what scraps I can get. But especially after X-Men '97, not getting Rogue and Remy onscreen together is going to feel very anticlimactic and rather foolish in the long run.

I'm fine with just about anyone in terms of who plays the Rogue variant, although I'd rather not see any of these variants until we've said a final goodbye to the Fox cast since I imagine their screentime will be limited enough as it is. I know Keke Palmer has been a very popular fancast online. Alexandra Daddario was one about 10 years ago...I didn't realize people are still picking her as Rogue all this time later. I don't know if X-23 was a last minute decision to include (especially if she's sharing screentime with Gambit and Taylor Swift's Dazzler because I can't imagine they could easily reshoot with Taylor Swift) because from the moment Logan came out, Dafne Keen was praised. When the Fox buyout happened, besides Deadpool, the most common actor whose name was mentioned as someone fans wanted to cross over into the MCU was Dafne. So the hype for her has been there from the beginning rather than just a recent manifestation that the MCU would try to jump on.

Where is everyone seeing this rumor / fan theory that the Wolverine & Deadpool slo mo walk supposedly includes Gambit, X-23 and Dazzler but they were cut out of that scene for the trailer to hide them? I haven’t seen that anywhere.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Where is everyone seeing this rumor / fan theory that the Wolverine & Deadpool slo mo walk supposedly includes Gambit, X-23 and Dazzler but they were cut out of the trailer to hide them? I haven’t seen that anywhere.
    I've seen some speculation that the cowl is on Wolverine in that scene they just haven't CG'd it yet.

Where is everyone seeing this rumor / fan theory that the Wolverine & Deadpool slo mo walk supposedly includes Gambit, X-23 and Dazzler but they were cut out of that scene for the trailer to hide them? I haven’t seen that anywhere.
    I read it first here although looking at it now, it seems to be someone's speculation. But I've heard other people repeating it online so don't know if there's a kernel of truth or not.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...umgambit_both/

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i would only time ill keep d+ year round is if they have multiple X-MEN programs announced throughout the year
    Man, if D+ gave us spinoffs like 'X-Force', 'X-Factor Investigations', 'Mr & Mrs X' etc I would be a happy camper.

Not a rumour. It is just a speculation.

Here we go!

MTTSH: Gambit, X-23, Elektra and more are members of a resistance group in The Void that fight against Cassandra Nova and the people that work for her

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Here we go!

MTTSH: Gambit, X-23, Elektra and more are members of a resistance group in The Void that fight against Cassandra Nova and the people that work for her
    This is where Chris Evans as the Torch would fit perfectly alongside Scott, Jean, and Storm.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Man, if D+ gave us spinoffs like 'X-Force', 'X-Factor Investigations', 'Mr & Mrs X' etc I would be a happy camper.
    that’s the dream (well my lineup is bit different)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. X would be popular based on the success of WandaVision but I'd almost rather it gets a full-fledged movie rather than a solo Gambit movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Looks the part, but I've said before and I'll say again, there are a few things more important than that by far.

Can they emote well without their eyes? Except for one or two scenes, those will be denied to the actor and the audience. Body language and facial expressions from the jawline will have to fill in, and the actor MUST be up to the task. Make them do the screen test wearing dark glasses.

Do they have on screen chemistry with the Jean actress? More than whoever you picked to play Wolverine? Also an absolute must.

Can they carry a level of authority in that performance? Will I come out of the theater thinking that's someone who I would follow into Hell itself? Would actual military men and women come out thinking that's who they would want as the officer they report to?

Do those three things, and the rest is negotiable. Change basic physical features, change race, change gender for all I care. Make sure who you have can do what is required, then look for the rest.
    I'd prefer Patrick Schwarzenegger, not a huge portfolio (and the heritage casts a shadow) but I have seen him play dark, pained and charming roles. He is versatile enough and I think he'd be emotive enough with a visor .He is tall, has the physique and at 30 he is good enough to own the role for 10-12 years(if not more)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Here we go!

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE: Rumored New Details About [SPOILER], [SPOILER], And [SPOILER]'s Roles Revealed
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...0617#gs.7vh8jj

Sounds badass, if true. Fingers crossed.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Reports of the release of a synopsis for an X-MEN film seem greatly X-aggerated. Basic stuff, "Merry Mutants", at least.

I wonder if D+ would consider revicving a post-X-MEN series like LEGION in some form and kind of do their version of HBOs WATCHMEN series that followed up the events of the book. Dan Stevens is interested in revisiting his character's story (which was cut short eh?)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The Captain Marvel repost could be more a reference to Beast and the X-Mansion showing up but I hope it means more than just that.

I've noticed Jubilee is the only 90s TAS character not even referenced so far. Beast has The Marvels ending and the rest of the cast is rumored in the leaks but Jubilee hasn't been mentioned once. And apparently the scene from the trailer of Logan and Deadpool's power walk is supposed to feature Gambit, X-23, and Dazzler who were just cut out of the trailer. So the family dynamic of Logan, Gambit, X-23, and Jubilee from the comics is now being subverted with Dazzler replacing Jubilee. Not a fan of that. I don't mind Dazzler's cameo but I don't see the point in placing her in that scene where she doesn't belong.

Deathstrike coming back didn't surprise me but I never thought Callisto would return. I hope that doesn't mean another scene with Storm getting beaten up.

The Gambit movie not including Rogue didn't bother me that much since I assumed it was covering his prior history and it would eventually lead to Rogue popping up in a future installment. Since she's not part of his origin, unlike Belladonna, that makes perfect sense to me. What doesn't make sense is having a movie with 90s themed X-Men and not featuring these two together but at this point, I'll take what scraps I can get. But especially after X-Men '97, not getting Rogue and Remy onscreen together is going to feel very anticlimactic and rather foolish in the long run.

I'm fine with just about anyone in terms of who plays the Rogue variant, although I'd rather not see any of these variants until we've said a final goodbye to the Fox cast since I imagine their screentime will be limited enough as it is. I know Keke Palmer has been a very popular fancast online. Alexandra Daddario was one about 10 years ago...I didn't realize people are still picking her as Rogue all this time later. I don't know if X-23 was a last minute decision to include (especially if she's sharing screentime with Gambit and Taylor Swift's Dazzler because I can't imagine they could easily reshoot with Taylor Swift) because from the moment Logan came out, Dafne Keen was praised. When the Fox buyout happened, besides Deadpool, the most common actor whose name was mentioned as someone fans wanted to cross over into the MCU was Dafne. So the hype for her has been there from the beginning rather than just a recent manifestation that the MCU would try to jump on.
    Maybe Jubilee will be introduced as the POV character in the upcoming X-men film ala the TAS?

Jubilee's also the one TAS X-man who didn't really have a counterpart in the Fox movies, barring some blink-and-you-miss-it cameos.

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE: Rumored New Details About [SPOILER], [SPOILER], And [SPOILER]'s Roles Revealed
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...0617#gs.7vh8jj

Sounds badass, if true. Fingers crossed.
    spoilers:
    Blade
    end of spoilers is new. Was he ever mentioned before? This article says the trades confirm that James Marsden and Famke Janssen are returning. Also I wonder who Blake Lively is playing. This is the first I've heard of her involvement. Maybe she's being used for a meta easter egg or she could be playing an actual character.