Page 130 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4295
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    I mean we are talking about the mcu. They're famous for planning their stores years in advance.

Also if the script they're using is based on the buddy cop road trip script written several years ago, then it would mean they already have an idea of what the story is, and how it would affect other stories.
    That seems unlikely. They just recently hired screenwriters for F4. Even if a screenplay was already done by 2021, I doubt too many people would know for fear of leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That seems unlikely. They just recently hired screenwriters for F4. Even if a screenplay was already done by 2021, I doubt too many people would know for fear of leaks.
    Are you suggesting the company would hide this from themselves? These movies, and tv shows from the MCU are overseen by the same people, that's why they share similarities most of the time.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 09-29-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Are you suggesting the company would hide this from themselves? These movies, and tv shows from the MCU are overseen by the same people, that's why they share similarities most of the time.
    Was that story actually put to paper though? I know Reynolds mentioned the story itself, but the Disney merger happened fairly soon after DP2 IIRC? I’d have thought any scripts for that stuff back then would have been more about Cable/X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Was that story actually put to paper though? I know Reynolds mentioned the story itself, but the Disney merger happened fairly soon after DP2 IIRC? I’d have thought any scripts for that stuff back then would have been more about Cable/X-Force
    There was going to be a X-Force movie.

Was rewatching Thor Love and Thunder last night for the 1st time since seeing it months ago and well how the heck does the children of Asgard look more like mutants than anything seen in a X-Men movie? Here's a Clip to show what I mean gives me hope that when the X-Men come to the MCU mutants will look like well mutants.

https://youtu.be/wgPpEAkThsk

A She-Hulk writing team probably doesn't need to know Deadpool's 3 plot, if they even had it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Was rewatching Thor Love and Thunder last night for the 1st time since seeing it months ago and well how the heck does the children of Asgard look more like mutants than anything seen in a X-Men movie? Here's a Clip to show what I mean gives me hope that when the X-Men come to the MCU mutants will look like well mutants.

That's one of my problems with Fox Men. 90% of the mutant kuds don't even look like mutants besides their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    That's one of my problems with Fox Men. 90% of the mutant kuds don't even look like mutants besides their powers.
    What are mutants supposed to look like?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Some mutants have obvious physical mutations. So I think are saying if the show mutant kids give some of them obvious physical mutations, instead of just making all mutants perfectly human looking people with powers. If I am wrong people, feel free to correct me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I assume physicaly "mutated", as in recognizable by their external appearance which is by some element altered in a way which doesn't matches regular human spectrum of appearances.

Which is actualy quite an interesting subject when it comes to observing the fandom/viewership of the X-men franchise and their expectation of what defines a mutant.

Because in pop culture the world "mutant" when it comes to being applied to fictional humans usualy evokes the image of people with often super natural physical alteration or deformities. In this context super natural abilities are actualy a side effect of the physical mutation, rather than being the source of the alteration. Like someone who is turned into a lizard being having gained super natural strength and regeneration qualities from being made lizard like.

As a result people who hear a character is a "mutant" will more often than not expect abnormal appearance and when a mutant has a regular human appearance it will come of as unusual or suprising.

This kind of expectation of appearance associated with the term is even observable among the Marvel mutants, when an artist is tasked with showcasing a large group of them and often just draws a lot of people with weird skin colors or animalistic/insectiod physical appearance features.

This also has the advantage (from an artistic perspective) to allow the reader to easily identify mutants when they are used as victims of agression and hate, without actualy having to come up with some unique super natural power or an incident in which they used them.

However as we know, with X-gene mutants the appearance vs. power dynamic is actualy inversed to pop culture. Mutants are defined by having super powers from a wide spectrum of fanastical ideas, from physical understandable powers like kinesis or psychic powers to absurdly fanastical like manipulation of concepts and ideas (see that new character to appear in New Mutants), while physical alterations is in theory merely a possibility as side or direct effect of powers.

So in regards to mutants appearing on screen, in theory hardly any of them actualy need to look unnatural or altered, but it would allow the viewer to be able to quickly identify them as such.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

I hadn't watched the movie, so can't say for sure, but out of context this scene look disturbing. A bunch of kids who are not even teens are empowered by Thor and are sent to fight some horrible monsters? And they readily agree and giggle while killing said monsters? Seems irresponsible for Thor to do it and really weird reactions for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I assume physicaly "mutated", as in recognizable by their external appearance which is by some element altered in a way which doesn't matches regular human spectrum of appearances.

Which is actualy quite an interesting subject when it comes to observing the fandom/viewership of the X-men franchise and their expectation of what defines a mutant.

Because in pop culture the world "mutant" when it comes to being applied to fictional humans usualy evokes the image of people with often super natural physical alteration or deformities. In this context super natural abilities are actualy a side effect of the physical mutation, rather than being the source of the alteration. Like someone who is turned into a lizard being having gained super natural strength and regeneration qualities from being made lizard like.

As a result people who hear a character is a "mutant" will more often than not expect abnormal appearance and when a mutant has a regular human appearance it will come of as unusual or suprising.

This kind of expectation of appearance associated with the term is even observable among the Marvel mutants, when an artist is tasked with showcasing a large group of them and often just draws a lot of people with weird skin colors or animalistic/insectiod physical appearance features.

This also has the advantage (from an artistic perspective) to allow the reader to easily identify mutants when they are used as victims of agression and hate, without actualy having to come up with some unique super natural power or an incident in which they used them.

However as we know, with X-gene mutants the appearance vs. power dynamic is actualy inversed to pop culture. Mutants are defined by having super powers from a wide spectrum of fanastical ideas, from physical understandable powers like kinesis or psychic powers to absurdly fanastical like manipulation of concepts and ideas (see that new character to appear in New Mutants), while physical alterations is in theory merely a possibility as side or direct effect of powers.

So in regards to mutants appearing on screen, in theory hardly any of them actualy need to look unnatural or altered, but it would allow the viewer to be able to quickly identify them as such.
    I always thought the opposite; the mutants should always look like humans (and they also should only have useful powers). First, because they are supposed to be an evolution of humans, so, they should get powers useful for survival while their physique should not be different from normal humans in order to interbred and potentially pass the powers to their descendants (although it rarely happens). Second, if mutants don't look like humans, then it could be used as an argument for the hatred and violence towards them. Like, for example, the Avengers had killed hundreds of aliens during the Infinity War and Endgame and no one seems to care, but after Wanda harmed few humans she was treated as totally evil and an irredeemable villain. The same goes for mutants, the more non-human they look like the less the violence towards them and even their deaths seems to matter and I think it is totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I hadn't watched the movie, so can't say for sure, but out of context this scene look disturbing. A bunch of kids who are not even teens are empowered by Thor and are sent to fight some horrible monsters? And they readily agree and giggle while killing said monsters? Seems irresponsible for Thor to do it and really weird reactions for the kids.
    Thor didn't recruit them, they were held against their will, so they had no choice but to fight or die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly, they might as well just roll with Jackman as the MCU Wolverine for the next several years and bring back Daphne Keen so you already have the legacy process set up. I don't think that will happen but I'd be down
    Well, Laura did become Wolverine in the comics right after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

Featuring Hugh again as a lead makes it harder for them to recast favourably in the public eye going forward.
    It doesn't seem like they are going to recast anytime soon anyway. According to a reporter from Deadline Hollywood.

Hugh's Wolverine will probably also be in The Kang Dynasty and/or Secret War. It would be like recasting Iron Man after Endgame.

There was another Wolverine easter egg in this week's She-Hulk.

‘DEADPOOL 3’ will reportedly begin filming in January 2023.

https://www.productionweekly.com/