Page 10 of 287 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Definitely follows the MCU formula.
    It does. And if you look at the revised Marvel films schedule everything has been pushed so far back that we’ll be lucky to get anything mutant related in the next 4-5 years. Disney+ and doing shows with smaller budgets can greatly accelerate that, and the MCU formula of building up to the introduction of mutants. So that’s what I’m hoping for honestly. And it seems likely.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Due to how many film properties they already have to manage, I don’t think it’d be that likely that they’d introduce 4 solo X properties + the main X team(s). If anything, I think it’s more likely Marvel studios will fast track their X- Plans to help get things back on track after Covid derailed their momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Due to how many film properties they already have to manage, I don’t think it’d be that likely that they’d introduce 4 solo X properties + the main X team(s). If anything, I think it’s more likely Marvel studios will fast track their X- Plans to help get things back on track after Covid derailed their momentum.
    How? They can only develop, write, produce, film, do post-production and release so many films per year. And they’ve already pushed Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 out into spring/summer of 2022; and projects like the next Ant-man & Wasp, Guardians and the Blade reboot are still TBD. Again, they have no ability to fast track the X-plans and “get back on track”... at least not in film form.

Check this out: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/mcu-ph...-release-dates

And everything keeps slipping too. Cranking out smaller budget Dis+ shows seems to be the only logical path towards accelerating their plans. At least in my view. I want to see the X-men on the big screen too. But I don’t want to wait until 2025 if there’s a way to bring mutants forward and accelerate the plans via Disney+, and then maybe we get an X-men feature film two years sooner. I’d take that in a heartbeat, and truly hope that’s what they’re doing. They say they have very big future plans for the streaming service, so we’ll see.

First Film : MCU-heavy story to set up the mutant origin

Environmental reactions caused by Roxxon/Howard Stark's weaponry experimentation/usage results in mutations popping up in the globe, particularly in lower-income areas that were near testing sites. The first media-reported sightings of mutants were in schools and orphanages, jumpstarting the 'mutant hysteria' from concerned parents. Many mutant kids became runaways until they were recruited by a wealthy man with a school with his own ties to Roxxon: Charles Xavier. His staff cameos would include Banshee, Thunderbird, and Xorn.

First recruits (ages 13-18): Cyclops (who will be Black), Storm, Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, and Iceman.

They end up releasing an incubated Logan from Xavier's school and the six flee the grounds, finding themselves in the middle of a (secret) mutant war with Magneto encouraging them to stop running and fight.

Film woudl also introduce the Hellfire Club: Sebastian Shaw, Selene, Emplate, and a young Emma Frost who inherited her position after a long-string of deceased relatives. Monet and Cypher are two privileged children sheltered from the current war under the care of the Hellfire Club.

Cameos of The Brotherhood: Magneto, Mystique, and Destiny and their young recruits Rogue, Nightcrawler, Rictor, Psylocke, Gambit, and Bishop.

And the Morlocks would get name-dropped so the second film could be the Mutant Massacre.

Third film would be E is for Extinction and kind of mash-up mutantkind's biggest tragedies before leading into the next trilogy of films to follow along the Krakoan storyline.

No Dark Phoenix and unfortunately no DoFP retreads for the next 15-20 years pls.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Environmental reactions caused by Roxxon/Howard Stark's weaponry experimentation/usage results in mutations popping up in the globe, particularly in lower-income areas that were near testing sites. The first media-reported sightings of mutants were in schools and orphanages, jumpstarting the 'mutant hysteria' from concerned parents. Many mutant kids became runaways until they were recruited by a wealthy man with a school with his own ties to Roxxon: Charles Xavier. His staff cameos would include Banshee, Thunderbird, and Xorn.

First recruits (ages 13-18): Cyclops (who will be Black), Storm, Kitty Pryde, Jean Grey, and Iceman.

They end up releasing an incubated Logan from Xavier's school and the six flee the grounds, finding themselves in the middle of a (secret) mutant war with Magneto encouraging them to stop running and fight.

Film woudl also introduce the Hellfire Club: Sebastian Shaw, Selene, Emplate, and a young Emma Frost who inherited her position after a long-string of deceased relatives. Monet and Cypher are two privileged children sheltered from the current war under the care of the Hellfire Club.

Cameos of The Brotherhood: Magneto, Mystique, and Destiny and their young recruits Rogue, Nightcrawler, Rictor, Psylocke, Gambit, and Bishop.

And the Morlocks would get name-dropped so the second film could be the Mutant Massacre.

Third film would be E is for Extinction and kind of mash-up mutantkind's biggest tragedies before leading into the next trilogy of films to follow along the Krakoan storyline.

No Dark Phoenix and unfortunately no DoFP retreads for the next 15-20 years pls.
    My favorite part of this lol

But really, I like this. No doubt there would be complaints about the Stark connection, but I like this as an explanation for mutants.

There are a lot of characters to introduce in this first movie, but I do like the mix. And I really like the idea of Cyclops being black
    Make Good Art

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    How? They can only develop, write, produce, film, do post-production and release so many films per year. And they’ve already pushed Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 out into spring/summer of 2022; and projects like the next Ant-man & Wasp, Guardians and the Blade reboot are still TBD. Again, they have no ability to fast track the X-plans and “get back on track”... at least not in film form.

Check this out: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/mcu-ph...-release-dates

And everything keeps slipping too. Cranking out smaller budget Dis+ shows seems to be the only logical path towards accelerating their plans. At least in my view. I want to see the X-men on the big screen too. But I don’t want to wait until 2025 if there’s a way to bring mutants forward and accelerate the plans via Disney+, and then maybe we get an X-men feature film two years sooner. I’d take that in a heartbeat, and truly hope that’s what they’re doing. They say they have very big future plans for the streaming service, so we’ll see.
    ... That's exactly my point. The initial post proposed following the orginal Avenger build up formula with 5 solo movies leading to the 6th team up film, which I don't find likely due to the current backlog of projects that Marvel already has to sort through. By fast track their X-plans, I more of meant them them prioritizing the development of the X-men film ahead of some of the others already in development (Blade, BP2, AM&TW, etc,). Films that are likely still either in the very early stages of development or ones that need to be drastically edited due to real life interferences. I'm sure we'll get a new revised phase 4 annoucement anyway once life returns back to normal.

And as much as I would like to see them crank out some smaller budget D+ mutant series (something I'm sure will see eventually), I really don't see it happening until the inevitable first film hits theaters first.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 11-11-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Making solo projects for mutants before the first X-men film is unlikely. What will give it more attention and anticipation is featuring some mutants in mcu related projects first. Like Rogue appearing in captain marvel 2 and Storm appearing in black panther 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XForever View Post
    Making solo projects for mutants before the first X-men film is unlikely. What will give it more attention and anticipation is featuring some mutants in mcu related projects first. Like Rogue appearing in captain marvel 2 and Storm appearing in black panther 2.
    I didn't think the point of this was to figure out Marvel's strategy for introducing the XMen to the MCU. I thought it was simply to come up with your own introduction lol. So I wasn't really focusing on the "strategy" necessarily.

As far as what's viable right now, It's hard to say. I do agree though that with the current big screen line up, the X Men movie would be far down the line. I am not a fan of XMen sporadically appearing in other films though unless they have a significant role and I don't think they would even do this if their is no immediate movie in the first place. Disney + is interesting but currently the streaming releases feel very B list and insignificant in comparison to the big screen. But as someone mentioned if this becomes the main platform for Marvel then I wouldn't necessarily have a problem.

I also wouldn't say solo mutant titles are a far stretch considering some of the smaller lesser known names that may be getting solo film treatment. Marvel is a company and some mutants are already household names which bodes well for potential splashes in income. Wolverine will always be a cash cow and Storm is another big name that Marvel could get behind which would be a plus for both female and minority leads.

I am also not sure if Marvel needs to make a movie "explaining" mutants. I don't think the general public cares. I mean the XMen have been hated alongside Marvel characters for years and no one really has needed a full explanation for them to coexist. Not saying it's a bad idea, just wondering if it's necessary.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Would Bishop still be a time traveler? I feel like race changing Cyclops messes with him a little. Cable and Bishop really wouldn't be too different for "regular" audiences at that point.

I heavily agree with the last part of this. The Phoenix should probably just be a power boost for a few films if anything. No dark phoenix.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-12-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Some interesting ideas to plot points bur some characters choices I really don't agree.

-I think Emma should be in her mid to late 30's. More of a leader herself.
    -I wouldn't include Xorn so early on (if at all). Forge fits better working for Xavier I feel. And Cecilia Reyes as medical staff.
    - Making Bishop as a young recruit would just take his whole point as a character.
    - I only want Psylocke to be part of the Brotherhood if you mean Kwannon and not Betsy.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Would Bishop still be a time traveler? I feel like race changing Cyclops messes with him a little. Cable and Bishop really wouldn't be too different for "regular" audiences at that point.

I heavily agree with the last part of this. The Phoenix should probably just be a power boost for a few films if anything. No dark phoenix.
    If you’re going to race-change Cyclops, why not make him Hispanic? Huge demographic that is incredibly under-represented amongst A-list characters. Completely absent even, unless I’m missing somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If you’re going to race-change Cyclops, why not make him Hispanic? Huge demographic that is incredibly under-represented amongst A-list characters. Completely absent even, unless I’m missing somebody.
    Victor Veranos has a nice ring to it. Who are we casting for Corsair? Gael García Bernal might be a good age by the time they get to him. Oscar Isaac already did the space pilot thing in Star Wars.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-12-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So the Eternals toys leaked and their new descriptions indicate theyve pretty much made them mutants (perhaps intentionally so?). Ikaris big thing is eyebeams and Gilgamesh now has Armor's powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the Eternals toys leaked and their new descriptions indicate theyve pretty much made them mutants (perhaps intentionally so?). Ikaris big thing is eyebeams and Gilgamesh now has Armor's powers.
    could you post a link to that ?
    nvm found it.

It somewhat anoys me they are already being promoted as proto mutants, bores me too
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-28-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The toys:
    https://twitter.com/PostCredPod/stat...964319745?s=19

The descriptions:
    Ikaris is the tactical leader and most powerful Eternal and takes pride in keeping the other Eternals safe. Moral, kind and charismatic, Ikaris boasts the power of incredible strength, flight and the ability to project beams of intense cosmic energy from his eyes. When the monstrous Deviants return after centuries, Ikaris leads the charge to l unite the scattered Eternals to stop the new threat.

Sersi is the Eternal with an affinity for humanity.
    Sersi is as happy working as a museum curator as she is saving humans from the threat of the Deviants. Sersi has the ability to manipulate matter, changing the makeup of any non-sentient material she touches. She's also been in love with Ikaris for centuries, and helps him to recruit the
    Eternals for one last mission.

Thena, a fierce warrior more comfortable in battle than any other place, she has the ability to use cosmic energy to form any handheld weapon she can think of. Often surly and aloof, she forges an unlikely friendship with Gilgamesh that spans centuries.

Ajak is the spiritual leader of the Eternals. Her wisdom has helped guide the team since they arrived here from their home planet to help defend humanity from the Deviants and to help humans advance to the modern civilization that
    they live in today. Ajak can not only heal humans and Eternals alike, but she is able to communicate with the Celestials as well.

Phastos is blessed with the power of invention. He is able to create whatever he can imagine provided that he has enough raw materials at his disposal. Over the centuries, Phastos has helped nudge humanity forward technologically while always keeping his brilliance hidden in the shadows.

Gilgamesh is the strongest and kindest member of the team. He becomes Thena's de facto partner when the events of the past exile them from the rest of the team. Capable of projecting a powerful exoskeleton of cosmic energy, Gilgamesh is a fierce warrior who has become legendary for his fights with Deviants throughout history.

Makkari is the fastest woman in the universe. She uses her cosmically powered super-speed to scout planets for the Eternals, and as the only deaf Eternal, the sonic boom that
    accompanies her cosmic running does not affect her.

Kingo is the Eternal with the power to project cosmic energy projectiles with his hands. Over the centuries, he has become enamored with the idea of fame. In present day, he's a famous Bollywood star who must leave his life of wealth and celebrity to help the team repel the new
    Deviant threat.

Druig can use cosmic energy to control the minds of men. Druig has become withdrawn from the other Eternals because he disagrees with how they've interacted with mankind over the centuries. Aloof and powerful, at times it's hard to determine whether he's friend of foe.

Sprite appears to be a12-year old girl, Sprite has the ability to cast lifelike illusions. Her friendship with Sersi hides a world-weary sadness because she's been treated like a child by humanity for centuries. But Sprite is much stronger and cleverer than she appears, which will come in handy as
    while they battle with the Deviants.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 12-28-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Fixing formatting