Page 101 of 287 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4291
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For sure. He’s got to be coming soon. I’d guess first as a cameo in something else, then maybe a solo movie of his own or an appearance in the rumored World War Hulk movie (flashback perhaps?). Maybe that rumored Disney+ anthology series to flesh Logan out a bit before the eventual X-men film, so he doesn’t have to be a focal point in that and take screen time from everyone else.

But I definitely think he’s coming soon now. Too many hints (Madripoor/Princess Bar in Falcon & Winter Soldier, now this headline about the man with claws in a bar fight in She-Hulk).
    Thinking about it, it wouldn't actualy be all that difficult to retroactively reveal that the Weapon X programm existed in the MCU too.

We allready had the reveal that further attempts at recreating and even improving the super soldier serum were made after Captain America (Winter Soldier, Civil War, Falcon and the Wintersoldier) in addition to the experiments which resulted in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

So would it suprise any casual viewer that someone in the past tried a different approach to create such individuals, like gathering rare people with natural super powers, experiment on them to improve said powers and then brainwash them into obedience.

Infact besides Wolverine himself, many casual Marvel fans might also draw comparison to the experiments which created Deadpool in his first movie, which in turn allready feels like an indirect bridge between the FoX-Men and the MCU. So there is plenty of familarity to draw from.

I would also find it a nice twist if it's revealed that MCU logan started out with nothing but a lower end healing factor (extremely slowed aging and the ability to recover from deadly gunshots wounds within days, rather than seconds), surviving the various wars he fought in not because he could just shrug off any injury thanks to healing, but actualy because he was a tough SOB who drew from decades of survival experience in addition to having that slight edge. While all the flashy things like his fast healing factor, super senses and claws actualy being the result of Weapon X modification.

Weapon X could also be the origins of a handfull of other mutants who allready were retroactively present in the MCU, but with the trauma from said experiments having convinced them to either lay low or not bother trying to protect humanity.

Like drawing inspiration from Wolverine and the X-men cartoon, by having MCU Mystique be a Weapon X survivor (and with that knowing Logan) who now impersonates Sharon Carter as the Power Brocker (while keeping the real one imprisoned).

The Power Brocker in turn could also be a nice little backdoor to introduce mutant characters as henchmen without revealing them to be mutants yet. Since after Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the viewer are aware that she ordered the creation of a new super soldier serum. So having more powered henchmen as mercenaries could at first be attributed to that before the big X-gene reveal.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-29-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Yep. Grunty, you’re definitely onto something…

Marvel Already Told You How Wolverine Exists In MCU Canon
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-wolver...u-canon-setup/

I’m actually hoping that Cable and Domino spin X-Force out of Deadpool 3, and that it picks up on some of these same threads. So we get Logan introduced into the MCU eventually, and we find out about what Weapon X did to him. Then, over in X-Force, Cable and Domino and the rest could be trying to shut such programs down. And in so doing, they stumble upon X-23 who joins their team. Could be really cool if done right.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

I'd rather they start with Age of Apocalypse

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    I'd rather they start with Age of Apocalypse
    Heh...what? How? Why?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/di...sney-plus-day/

Here we go again. Disney sure likes a Wolverine tease or 3...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/di...sney-plus-day/

Here we go again. Disney sure likes a Wolverine tease or 3...
    Lol this is clickbait. They posted Wolverine because he has 6 claws and its 6 days till the event.

Whoa. That’s kind of huge. This can’t be another d!@k tease where they give us nothing. I’m thinking they kind of have to be announcing something X-men related, or Wolverine related, next weekend at D23.

Or else we riot! Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Y’all think Moira will be front and center in the new franchise or will she be an eventual supporting character and nothing more?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Y’all think Moira will be front and center in the new franchise or will she be an eventual supporting character and nothing more?
    Consider the following.
    The entire Moira retcon and it's impact on the franchise arguably only had it's shocking, suprising and/or intriguing effect on the comic readership because of how much it threw established history, characterization and lore into chaos, while also happening in the aftermath of what was perhaps the worst decade for the X-men comic line.

Neither of these factors are present in any of the other medium incarnation of the X-men. Which means putting Moira into the spotlight with anything resembling the retcon from the current comics would not have anything close to the suprise effect.

So why put her into any spotlight or center, when the retcon which suddently made her super important in the comics can't be repeated there?

However what they could do is finaly use her as the brilliant genetic researcher and loyal non-mutant support character with personal connections to several other character which she had in the comics for decades.

A role she could certainly have more impact and success in than being thrown to any front and center the character isn't meant to shine in.

Even in the books, Moira was merely a plot device to shake things up. She never really got any character development except to ruin and make her unrecognizable

So there's a casting report that includes a number of people claiming to be of a bunch of people who may be announced at D23 this weekend. One of them is Jodie Comer, who more credible people have backed up, specifically saying she is Sue Storm, lending the report legitimacy.

Two of these people from this report, from the person initially reporting it, are two Mutants.
    Specifically, the characters of spoilers:
    Xavier and Magneto.
    end of spoilers

The actors are reportedly spoilers:
    Giancarlo Esposito and DENZEL FUCKING WASHINGTON
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So there's a casting report that includes a number of people claiming to be of a bunch of people who may be announced at D23 this weekend. One of them is Jodie Comer, who more credible people have backed up, specifically saying she is Sue Storm, lending the report legitimacy.

Two of these people from this report, from the person initially reporting it, are two Mutants.
    Specifically, the characters of spoilers:
    Xavier and Magneto.
    end of spoilers

The actors are reportedly spoilers:
    Giancarlo Esposito and DENZEL FUCKING WASHINGTON
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, don't buy that for a second.

People are backing up the Comer part, which would be a very random thing to luckily guess right

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People are backing up the Comer part, which would be a very random thing to luckily guess right
    Oh, no, I can certainly buy they can get her, it's Denzel playing Magneto which is literally unbelievable. Not only would attract unwanted comparisons of Malcolm X/Magneto- unwanted for.Malcolm X,.who wasn't a murderer or terrorist, and Denzel is probably smart enough to know that- I see no reason not only why he would accept the role, but why they would cast Magneto now in the first place. He appeared in literally every Fox movie, no reason for him for him to appear yet again. Feige didn't even repeat any Spider-Man role apart from Aunt May (not even Uncle Ben! Mary Jane was completely different)

He might not be a villain this time. X-Men 97 has him as the team leader even.