Page 102 of 287 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4291
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    He might not be a villain this time. X-Men 97 has him as the team leader even.
    Magneto already allied with the X-men nearly as much he fought them in Fox movies. Besides, if you think Fox films had too much focus on Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto, imagine what would happen if Denzel freaking Washington was there. It would be making a mistake they already made, except much much worse.

People are backing up the Comer part, which would be a very random thing to luckily guess right
    Mmmmm...shame...she would have been a great Betsy or Emma....kind of wasted talent on Sue though...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Mmmmm...shame...she would have been a great Betsy or Emma....kind of wasted talent on Sue though...
    Yes, but there could be quite some time until Emma shows up, and by then she could be aged out, specially if they start with the X-men as teenagers, as it's likely (and if Emma is part of the first X-men team, then she would be too old already in that case).

As for Psylocke, if/when she appears, she'll be Asian/half-asian for sure, since it's her most famous look; they'll just say she's Brian's half or adopted sister, if he appears.

Other sources were already reporting Comer long before that Horse Races guy did.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Denzel Washington in anything Marvel would be quite the coup. Denzel Washington in an X-Men movie would just blow my mind. Denzel Washington as Magneto opposite Giancarlo Esposito's Charles Xavier is simply more than we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I absolutely agree. I really cannot see her as Sue Storm. She is really shining in more villainous role. But we also don't know what they want to do with the character Sue Storm. Maybe they have plans for the Malice personality at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I absolutely agree. I really cannot see her as Sue Storm. She is really shining in more villainous role. But we also don't know what they want to do with the character Sue Storm. Maybe they have plans for the Malice personality at one point?
    Or maybe Jodie Comer doesn't want to play villainous bitches all her life?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Denzel Washington in anything Marvel would be quite the coup. Denzel Washington in an X-Men movie would just blow my mind. Denzel Washington as Magneto opposite Giancarlo Esposito's Charles Xavier is simply more than we deserve.
    Insist on an overused character just because the actor is really popular is exactly what the Fox did with Mystique and J-Law (and before you ask,.yes.I know Magneto and Denzel are much more important than they, but it's the same principle)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I couldn't care less about Xavier, but making this sort of change to one of the most prominent Jewish characters in comics, who has become as defined by his experiences in the Camps as Cap is by his origins in WWII, is INCREDIBLY stupid. And don't give me any bullshit about using "another genocide." These events are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I couldn't care less about Xavier, but making this sort of change to one of the most prominent Jewish characters in comics, who has become as defined by his experiences in the Camps as Cap is by his origins in WWII, is INCREDIBLY stupid. And don't give me any bullshit about using "another genocide." These events are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.
    I don't see why making him not-white means they couldn't still keep his backstory.

I don't see why making him not-white means they couldn't still keep his backstory.
    Exactly! It is also still an often silenced aspect of German history how Afro-Germans have been systematically persecuted by the Nazis.

He should still be Jewish though. I think it would be a problem if they would decide to make Magneto non-Jewish.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Like Denzel isn't Jewish but neither were McKellan or Fassbender and they worked out perfectly fine

Magneto didn't even have a backstory through the entire original run. And he wasn't a Holocaust survivor in the Ultimate run at all. The character definitely does not have to be defined by the Holocaust. And even if he were to be in the MCU, the Nazis had plenty of other people in those camps other than white Ashkenazi Jews, including black people.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Magneto didn't even have a backstory through the entire original run. And he wasn't a Holocaust survivor in the Ultimate run at all. The character definitely does not have to be defined by the Holocaust. And even if he were to be in the MCU, the Nazis had plenty of other people in those camps other than white Ashkenazi Jews, including black people.
    calling Jewish people casually "white" is so wrong and sadly shows a lot of ignorance in an conversation about the Holocaust. sorry, but that's not ok...it is such a weird U.S.-centric understanding of racism(s) behind that logic...
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-08-2022 at 09:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    calling Jewish people casually "white" is so wrong and sadly shows a lot of ignorance in an conversation about the Holocaust. sorry, but that's not ok...it is such a weird U.S.-centric understanding of racism(s) behind that logic...
    Also, Ultimate is a dumpster fire best confined to the wastebin of history. Destroying it int he lead-up to Secret Wars was a mercy killing.

And frankly, it doesn't matter that he didn't have a backstory in the "entire original run." What matters is that once his backstory DID get established in the main verse, and he stopped being a standard 60s-era villain for the sake of needing a villain, it became one of his most important characteristics. It's not an accident that many of the "bad futures" we see the X-Men deal with demonstrate the same sort of industrialized, assembly-line, systematic extermination that sets the Holocaust apart from other genocides.

I dont mind with two ENORMOUS TALENTOUS actors taking those roles.

The backstory has to be justified in a correct way Magneto is a icon for many opressed "minories" and i dont have any doubt of Denzel taking the role with respect.

But important thing Mags is not justificable in this era. I mean if you cast McKellen as Mags he would have "110" years like cap or wolvie.