Page 103 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4298
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's a comicbook movie where people fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, there's plenty of options to keep Magneto a Holocaust survivor AND alive and middle-aged in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    calling Jewish people casually "white" is so wrong and sadly shows a lot of ignorance in an conversation about the Holocaust. sorry, but that's not ok...it is such a weird U.S.-centric understanding of racism(s) behind that logic...
    There are white, largely European/Turkish Ashkenazi Jews. There are black Ethiopian Jews. There are various Arabic types of Jews. Nothing is ignorant or inaccurate about such statements.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I dont mind with two ENORMOUS TALENTOUS actors taking those roles.

The backstory has to be justified in a correct way Magneto is a icon for many opressed "minories" and i dont have any doubt of Denzel taking the role with respect.

But important thing Mags is not justificable in this era. I mean if you cast McKellen as Mags he would have "110" years like cap or wolvie.
    There's any number of ways they could handle Magneto's age. Hell, he's been deaged a dozen times in the comics alone.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Destiny can be 200, Magneto can be 100. The difficulty is justifying what he was doing all this time

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    calling Jewish people casually "white" is so wrong and sadly shows a lot of ignorance in an conversation about the Holocaust. sorry, but that's not ok...it is such a weird U.S.-centric understanding of racism(s) behind that logic...
    Are you trying to claim Ian McKellan and Michael Fassbender are not white?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, but there could be quite some time until Emma shows up, and by then she could be aged out, specially if they start with the X-men as teenagers, as it's likely (and if Emma is part of the first X-men team, then she would be too old already in that case).

As for Psylocke, if/when she appears, she'll be Asian/half-asian for sure, since it's her most famous look; they'll just say she's Brian's half or adopted sister, if he appears.
    I don't mind Emma boing a little bit older.

As for Psylocke, I think Marvel we'll have Kwannon as the full Asian character and Betsy will be a S.T.R.I.K.E. psi division member or Captain Britain.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

As for Psylocke, I think Marvel we'll have Kwannon as the full Asian character and Betsy will be a S.T.R.I.K.E. psi division member or Captain Britain.
    Daisy Ridley as Betsy Braddock and Karen Fukuhara as Kwannon, please!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Marvel probably minds though. And I strongly doubt we'll see Kwannon- too complicated of a backstory, and Psylocke too famous as Asian.

It's a shame Charlize is being wasted on Clea, she would have been perfection as Emma. I think the character works better as a mature woman. Elite businesspeople, power players, headmasters, etc, are not 25.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

And so D23 is upon us, sadly I don't believe we can expect anything X-Men-related to be announced for at least another year (although I guess hope springs eternal...). I do think it's realistic to expect at least some of the below though:

- An update on X-Men 97, though we already got a pretty chunky one fairly recently at San Diego. Perhaps a confirmation of the release date.

- A bit more information on Deadpool 3. Release date and cast at the very least.

- Ms. Marvel season 2 maybe?

- Discussion/confirmation on Namor's mutant status in Black Panther. Bit of a longshot perhaps.

That's all I can think of in terms of what I believe could be likely.

If Brolin and Zazie Beetz aren’t back as Cable and Domino in Deadpool 3 we riot! Or I do at least.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And so D23 is upon us, sadly I don't believe we can expect anything X-Men-related to be announced for at least another year (although I guess hope springs eternal...). I do think it's realistic to expect at least some of the below though:

- An update on X-Men 97, though we already got a pretty chunky one fairly recently at San Diego. Perhaps a confirmation of the release date.

- A bit more information on Deadpool 3. Release date and cast at the very least.

- Ms. Marvel season 2 maybe?

- Discussion/confirmation on Namor's mutant status in Black Panther. Bit of a longshot perhaps.

That's all I can think of in terms of what I believe could be likely.
    Deadpool has an obvious release date open for February 2024. There's also two spots in 2025, though one is likely the Hulk movie. But I think it's quite possible we see X-Men popping up in other things ahead of the film- Eternals showed how introducing everyone at the first film doesn't work,. specially if it's a big roster.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's a shame Charlize is being wasted on Clea, she would have been perfection as Emma. I think the character works better as a mature woman. Elite businesspeople, power players, headmasters, etc, are not 25.
    They can be if they are telepaths that use their powers to get ahead. Besides, the current era isn't relying on Emma as teacher or headmaster at all,. doubt the movies will use it; if they do,. it's possible she simply grows into the role.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Daisy Ridley as Betsy Braddock and Karen Fukuhara as Kwannon, please!

Great choices! Other great options for me would be:

Imogen Poots as Betsy
    betsyimogen-poots.jpg

and Haruka Abe as Kwannon
    kwannon-harukaabe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel probably minds though. And I strongly doubt we'll see Kwannon- too complicated of a backstory, and Psylocke too famous as Asian.
    I never said they should introduce the body swap. Just have both ladies as totally separated characters. It is not complicated. Kwannon will be Psylocke, the psychic ninja and Betsy will be Captain Britain or a psychic telekinetic with lavender hair.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's a comicbook movie where people fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes, there's plenty of options to keep Magneto a Holocaust survivor AND alive and middle-aged in the present day.
    Yes but Marvel is taking back The Xmen so they need actors who can make those roles for 10 years.

Wow. The Marvel Studios panel at D23 was the biggest queef of a panel I’ve ever seen. Feige has lost the plot. $#!tweak. I’m cancelling Disney+ so somebody let me know when the mutants show up and this Z-list crap is over.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”