Page 105 of 292 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4378

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah. I think you summed up my frustration. Don’t like being strung along. So I’ll vote with my wallet, like I always do. The MCU is dead to me until I get something mutant related confirmed. And Deadpool 3 of course. That’s the only thing they’ve (kind of) announced that I’m willing to spend money on now.

Just tired or waiting, so f@€& Kevin Feige and Disney until they stop messing around and come correct.
    Lol that’s a bit strong haha

I’d prefer them to take their time and deliver a better product/idea rather than just jump into X-Men because they can. I’m assuming we’ll get X-Men stuff post secret wars, which can be used as a way to position X-Men as the new centrepiece of Marvel’s franchises.

It’s not some personal slight against X-Men fans. Would you really want an X-Men movie or show to be shoved into phase 5 or 6 and then immediately dump them into massive crossover event Secret Wars? Where things will possibly be shaken up by the end of it? We have X-Men ‘97 coming out next year, a AAA Wolverine game coming out, then it will likely be full steam ahead on a massive focus on X-Men in live action. Better to wait for a better film than rush into a mess

We also can’t expect Marvel to just drop every other character they’ve featured over the last 10 years in order to jump into the X-Men. The MCU fan base is much larger than just comic fans

Astonishing Member

As long as they don't let the IP rest outside the movies i'm fine with it.

Especialy since thinking back to the FoX-men movies i came to the personal conclusion that outside the comics the X-men are best realized in animated form anyway.

It allows a much greater degree of spectacle (it can't be more expensive than the CGI bombardments of modern life action super hero movies can't it?) and super natural events, plus it's independent of the need for actors to remain the same visual age and physical appearance for years.

Also in series format longer stories and more complex character development can be achieved without having to cut back on spectacle. Something the X-men are actualy utterly depending on, because they are a team first unlike the Avengers who are an assembled stand alone cast, so their stories need to be told as team and over longer time to allow each one to have their moments and focus. Which the FoX-men movies have always struggled with.

So yeah they can delay the MCU X-men as long as they want as long as they give us one or two properly new animated shows in the meantime.

If Spiderman can have animated adapations for decades (including one who actualy made it to cinemas), i fail to see why the X-men need to be so left in the dust, with nothing but a short revival season to their first one.

Which is not to complain about the MCU or life action super hero stories in general. But just noticing that it can't be the be all end all of super hero stories.

Especialy when we have what seems to be new apprication for cartoons and animated series (even with more mature themes) by a larger viewership of streaming services. Both of western and eastern sources.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

In the Echo footage they screened, apparently her hands glow. Scoopers have also said previously that the show would include more mystical elements, like Moon Knight did.

I wonder...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Marvel bringing back Taskmaster is like if Fox had brought back Deadpool from Origins.
    Exactly. It's the clearest sign they are not course-correcting and listening to fans and critics, though not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It was a very disappointing D23 as an X-Men fan, but again we know the first X-Men movie is still a while away so that was to be expected. I was hoping to hear something about Deadpool 3 though at least.

I think at this stage it's likely that Phase 7 will be "The Mutants Saga" and we're not getting a proper MCU X-Men until 2026 and the Multiverse Saga has concluded. In the meantime, we'll have to survive on scraps, Easter Eggs, the aforementioned Deadpool 3, X-Men 97, and at best some multiversal appearances from the old cast.
    It is going to be called the "Eternity Saga" based on the leaked trademarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. It's the clearest sign they are not course-correcting and listening to fans and critics, though not the only one.
    They do listen to the fans in certain instances, there’s just a delay, like how Spider-Man: No Way Home addressed all the complaints people had about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man and turned him into the more familiar version of the character.

There’s also the stuff like bringing Daredevil back due to popular demand, casting John Krasinski as Reed Richards because the internet really wanted that.

But Taskmaster might just be too small of a character for them to care what fans think, which is relatable, because I also couldn’t care less about Taskmaster.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-11-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Are we still believing "leaks" after not a single one of them turned out to be true for D23? LOL

I think it’s called the Eternity Saga because that’s how long it will take to get to the X-men at this rate. Gotta get through all the other crap they’ve currently got in their pipeline first.

And, yeah, I know I’m salty as hell right now. Lol.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-11-2022 at 08:00 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

For me it wasn't like a secret that the X-Men were way further down the line for the MCU so I'm cool with getting fed through X-Men 97 until the stage is set for the mutants to own the stage in live-action. I don't want them to do the X-Men just to do it, I want them to do it right and set the pieces in place for something epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Are we still believing "leaks" after not a single one of them turned out to be true for D23? LOL
    Those leaks revealed several titles before they were announced at Comic-con. So there was some legitimately to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    For me it wasn't like a secret that the X-Men were way further down the line for the MCU so I'm cool with getting fed through X-Men 97 until the stage is set for the mutants to own the stage in live-action. I don't want them to do the X-Men just to do it, I want them to do it right and set the pieces in place for something epic.
    They can have the X-Men much further down the line, they can introduce many mutants and Easter eggs and allow actors to talk publicly about meeting for roles like Xavier and Wolverine, but not do both at the same time- at that point they're just wasting the audience's patience, specially since Phase 4 it's disappointing for a decent amount of critics and fans. They didn't need to tease Spider-Man in the MCU for years, he just showed up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wow. The Marvel Studios panel at D23 was the biggest queef of a panel I’ve ever seen. Feige has lost the plot. $#!tweak. I’m cancelling Disney+ so somebody let me know when the mutants show up and this Z-list crap is over.
    How do you think I feel? I was finally all set to get the movie I'd been waiting years for (X-23). And then Disney bought Fox and all those projects were scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They can have the X-Men much further down the line, they can introduce many mutants and Easter eggs and allow actors to talk publicly about meeting for roles like Xavier and Wolverine, but not do both at the same time- at that point they're just wasting the audience's patience, specially since Phase 4 it's disappointing for a decent amount of critics and fans. They didn't need to tease Spider-Man in the MCU for years, he just showed up.
    Spider-Man is a singular character - it’s a much bigger ask to introduce a whole species whose main unique selling point is that they’re the next step of human evolution. I think they’re absolutely right to take their time with it honestly. It’s not their fault that actors have publicly said roles have been talked about. They like to make headlines, and I’m sure before long we’ll have some new actor reveals in shows/movies (a la Clea, Hercules, and Starfox).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Spider-Man is a singular character - it’s a much bigger ask to introduce a whole species whose main unique selling point is that they’re the next step of human evolution. I think they’re absolutely right to take their time with it honestly. It’s not their fault that actors have publicly said roles have been talked about. They like to make headlines, and I’m sure before long we’ll have some new actor reveals in shows/movies (a la Clea, Hercules, and Starfox).
    Not really. The entire reason for why mutants were created was to not spend time with introductions and origins. Some people are born with powers, rather than getting them due to freak accidents or government experiments', simple. The implications- some people will see them as freaks, some as a master race, the government will want control, etc- can only come after they're introduced. Which is what happened in literally every piece of X-Men media ever.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How do you think I feel? I was finally all set to get the movie I'd been waiting years for (X-23). And then Disney bought Fox and all those projects were scrapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think this is right--both in how they will do it and how it should be done. I see (hope?) the roadmap being the solo movies for Iron Man, Hulk, etc. being paralleled with introductions of the major mutants leading up to maybe Xavier collecting the ones we've seen in different movies/series to create the first 'X-Men' movie.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...