Page 106 of 287 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4292

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How do you think I feel? I was finally all set to get the movie I'd been waiting years for (X-23). And then Disney bought Fox and all those projects were scrapped.
    I hear you. Fox was at long last moving away from the Not New Not Different. There coud have been a New Mutants 2, there were rumors about X-Force, Multiple Man, maybe X-Factor... And now everything is scrapped and most fans want to go back to square one and have years and years of the same old crew again.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I hear you. Fox was at long last moving away from the Not New Not Different. There coud have been a New Mutants 2, there were rumors about X-Force, Multiple Man, maybe X-Factor... And now everything is scrapped and most fans want to go back to square one and have years and years of the same old crew again.
    According to Josh Boone, they were building towards an Inferno crossover movie. Hence all the Sinister teases.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The thing is that there's three things they can do: introduce them in other character's movies and shows, have their own, even if it's just a short, one hour or half hour special at Disney+, or show up just in the X-men film right away.

Problem with #1 is that so far none of the movies or shows announced so far have any connection to any X-men character, or any plausible one where they could appear at least- it was always a given that Clea would show up in Dr. Strange eventually, or Hercules in Thor, and Starfox and Black Knight were plausible choices for Eternals, but why would Storm appear in, say, Shang-Chi 2? Or Cyclops in Daredevil? Beast and Wonder Man have a connection, but I don't see him appearing in a comedy about struggling Hollywood actors.

Problem with #2 is that copy the Avengers approach doesn't work for most X-men, since they were never meant to be solo characters, and their origin (except for Logan) passes at some point for Xavier training them to use and control their powers. Maybe could have a 30 minutes special or something for each at Disney+, but for some of them would be a struggle- you can have one for Storm dealing with various aspects, or Cyclops if you add Sinister, but what's, say, Iceman's origin? The lack of complication was the point.

And if you add solo movies for X-men, it will be even longer until they actually appear as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    According to Josh Boone, they were building towards an Inferno crossover movie. Hence all the Sinister teases.
    They were clearly going to wimp out on having Limbo anyway so it would have been as balls a version of Inferno as their multiple Phoenix Saga failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    T

Problem with #2 is that copy the Avengers approach doesn't work for most X-men, since they were never meant to be solo characters, and their origin (except for Logan) passes at some point for Xavier training them to use and control their powers. Maybe could have a 30 minutes special or something for each at Disney+, but for some of them would be a struggle- you can have one for Storm dealing with various aspects, or Cyclops if you add Sinister, but what's, say, Iceman's origin? The lack of complication was the point.
    The issue is that, like the Eternals, they all got their powers the same way.
    Still, the MCU proved that the comics rules don't apply. The right pitch, the right cast, the right promotion and any character can have a successfull movie.
    They could make stories about Angel being a vigilante like in the comics and maybe having to face an early betrayal from Hodge and the Right. Colossus can have an origin movie involving Russian secret services.. throw in Omega Red, maybe Red Guardian and Yelena too. Nightcrawler can have mystical adventures with Margali, Amanda, and why not Azazel.
    And of course if they decide to do the right thing and to skip the X-Boomers, they can make a Magik vs Belasco movie. A Monet movie with Penance and Emplate. Multiple Man writes itself. Warlock and Cypher in some sort of E.T-like movie. An Indiana Jones-like origin story for both Sunspot and Magma, involving Nova Roma and Selene. And so on...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    It is going to be called the "Eternity Saga" based on the leaked trademarks.
    No, it is not. Those were fake registrations to hide the ACTUAL leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They were clearly going to wimp out on having Limbo anyway so it would have been as balls a version of Inferno as their multiple Phoenix Saga failures.
    They only did the saga once with The Last Stand as a subplot. Dark Phoenix was only meant to be a Jean/Phoenix origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    No, it is not. Those were fake registrations to hide the ACTUAL leaks.
    Where did you hear that? Because that doesn't make much sense.

Incredible Member

Introduce rogue an mystique as brotherhood against carol
    Introduce betsy as a strike agent in an avengers related movie
    Introduce wolverine in a solo movie
    Introduce storm in black panther
    Introduce xavier, magneto and the original five in the first x movie with the others below joining the team against human bigotry and magneto

Still, the MCU proved that the comics rules don't apply. The right pitch, the right cast, the right promotion and any character can have a successfull movie.
    They could make stories about Angel being a vigilante like in the comics and maybe having to face an early betrayal from Hodge and the Right. Colossus can have an origin movie involving Russian secret services.. throw in Omega Red, maybe Red Guardian and Yelena too. Nightcrawler can have mystical adventures with Margali, Amanda, and why not Azazel.
    And of course if they decide to do the right thing and to skip the X-Boomers, they can make a Magik vs Belasco movie. A Monet movie with Penance and Emplate. Multiple Man writes itself. Warlock and Cypher in some sort of E.T-like movie. An Indiana Jones-like origin story for both Sunspot and Magma, involving Nova Roma and Selene. And so on...
    You throw all that, and a) You only increase the amount of time until we get an X-men movie. Do you really want them to only be together at the end of the decade, if that? b) You turn them into simply mutant Avengers, rather than a team that was trained from the starts, works and lives together, more like the F4, as a family; c) Marvel already proved that concepts that don't have a solid base in the comics to take from don't work- Inhumans were a failure, Eternals didn't work, etc. Iron Fist actually had the Brukaber/Fraction run, but they took none of it and failed to.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Introduce rogue an mystique as brotherhood against carol
    Introduce betsy as a strike agent in an avengers related movie
    Introduce wolverine in a solo movie
    Introduce storm in black panther
    Introduce xavier, magneto and the original five in the first x movie with the others below joining the team against human bigotry and magneto
    We won't have new Cap Marvel and Black Panther (sans T'challa) movies until 2026, at least, and probably later. We won't have an Avengers movie after Secret Wars anytime soon either.

They have no reason to start with the original X-men, specially considering is the least diverse team, and it's not like Marvel cares about following teams of the comics (just look at what they done with the Thunderbolts). And fighting Magneto was done in LITERALLY every X-men movie.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 09-11-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

As much as I'd love to see all of these movies, I just don't think there is recognition and a built-in audience to justify the budgets for any of these characters being the main star of a film/series. Outside of Nightcrawler and Colossus (both because they were supporting characters in someone else's movie), I don't think most of the MCU audience even know who the hell any of them are.

Monet and Emplate?
    Magic v. Belasco?
    Nova Roma (would it be Kate Beckinsale as Selene)?

I'm totally not criticizing the ideas themselves because I love them. but I don't think there is a right pitch/cast/promotion that makes them the star. I think the only characters with the name recognition and audience interest for a solo are Wolverine (Logan) origin (which we've seen a bunch of times), Gambit with Magic Mike (which I think would play like Starlord in Cajun accents), and MAYBE a Cyke/Jean action romance if done right.

Just my 2 cents...
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

None of the MCU audience cared about Iron Man before Iron Man 1. Now they all want him back.
    But maybe the MCU have turned into the same crap as the comics, where people don't want anything new anymore and keep asking from Maguire and Downey Jr and Jackman.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

None of the MCU audience cared about Iron Man before Iron Man 1. Now they all want him back.
    But maybe the MCU have turned into the same crap as the comics, where people don't want anything new anymore and keep asking from Maguire and Downey Jr and Jackman.
    What MCU audience before Iron Man? The MCU was largely built on RDJ's back. And I think Ironman was one of the more known figures in the Marvel outside us comic books geeks, if only for the Black Sabbath song.

And truthfully, RDJ is iconic as Iron Man. I think it was a huge mistake to kill him off (along with most of the original Avengers). I'm a comics fan and I have little interest in watching Riri replacing him on screen. It's not the character herself. I would've been fine if it was something like Clint and Kate where they can both exist. But the appeal of Ironman on screen is largely gone for me with RDJ.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

RDJ was killed off because he had no interest in coming back, and anyway he dominated too much the MCU.

BANNED

Downey and Jackman are not coming back. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    What MCU audience before Iron Man? The MCU was largely built on RDJ's back. And I think Ironman was one of the more known figures in the Marvel outside us comic books geeks, if only for the Black Sabbath song.

And truthfully, RDJ is iconic as Iron Man. I think it was a huge mistake to kill him off (along with most of the original Avengers). I'm a comics fan and I have little interest in watching Riri replacing him on screen. It's not the character herself. I would've been fine if it was something like Clint and Kate where they can both exist. But the appeal of Ironman on screen is largely gone for me with RDJ.
    Honestly, I kind of view the main era of the MCU over with Tony's death. He really was the MCU IMO. Endgame was the pinnacle of their entire saga. I don't think Secret Wars or any future MCU saga will match that regardless of F4 or mutants. That stretch from the first Iron Man movie ending with 'I am Iron Man' to Stark killing Thanos and saving the universe with 'I am Iron Man' won't be matched. At least that's what I think