Page 107 of 292 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4378
    Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly, I kind of view the main era of the MCU over with Tony's death. He really was the MCU IMO. Endgame was the pinnacle of their entire saga. I don't think Secret Wars or any future MCU saga will match that regardless of F4 or mutants. That stretch from the first Iron Man movie ending with 'I am Iron Man' to Stark killing Thanos and saving the universe with 'I am Iron Man' won't be matched. At least that's what I think
    I agree with you entirely. The best I've heard it summed up is that MCU after Endgame is like playing through the remaining side-quests after beating a video game.

I'm enjoying some of the movies and series about characters I already liked as stand-alones, but the connecting tissue just isn't the same for me. That said, I really hope they turn it around! I'm rooting for Marvel to capture me the way they did with the initial run.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

This is frustrating indeed. I feel my excitement for the MCU fading super quickly since I really don't care much about anything that's not X-Men or Batman.

They have interesting actors and all but the stories are starting to loose on quality. I fear by the time the X-Men arrive it will be in the decadence of the format.

I hope not though. I hope at least X-Men 97 is amazing as it will scratch that itch for me until then.

And also praying for some larger cameos maybe? But not only C listers....I would be happy if we started getting Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Betsy, etc...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not really. The entire reason for why mutants were created was to not spend time with introductions and origins. Some people are born with powers, rather than getting them due to freak accidents or government experiments', simple. The implications- some people will see them as freaks, some as a master race, the government will want control, etc- can only come after they're introduced. Which is what happened in literally every piece of X-Men media ever.
    You’re completely right - however, mutants have been retconned since their initial introduction, with some mutants now having been born centuries prior, as well as a big enough burst of them to have been born before the X-Men’s introduction into comics. The fact is, the movies aren’t the comics - people will question why we a) haven’t seen mutants until now, and b) why they haven’t intervened at all. We saw this with the Eternals. I think there does need to be time to set up the idea of mutants - especially if they want to go the route of the public being scared of them. In the comic continuity mutants didn’t just appear one day out of nowhere, they gradually started to pop up over the years.

I know it’s annoying to wait, but Marvel didn’t have the luxury of seeding this franchise over most of it - they’ve only had a year and a half’s worth of releases post-endgame. Most of which were probably already in the plotting stages already by the time the got the rights to X-Men.

And as we’ve seen in this phase, the references have started to appear, Madripoor, Ms Marvel, Doctor Strange 2 etc etc

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

For B, it's pretty simple- most X-Men are teenagers just getting to know their powers. Any other approach is doomed to fail. As for A, it's just that their numbers were small, and most mutants could easily pass as human. But anyway, the approach only works if there's X-Men, some evil mutants, and their numbers are revealed to be gradually bigger. If mutants are popping everywhere, then the question becomes where are the X-Men and why they're doing nothing.

For B, it's pretty simple- most X-Men are teenagers just getting to know their powers. Any other approach is doomed to fail. As for A, it's just that their numbers were small, and most mutants could easily pass as human. But anyway, the approach only works if there's X-Men, some evil mutants, and their numbers are revealed to be gradually bigger. If mutants are popping everywhere, then the question becomes where are the X-Men and why they're doing nothing.
    Both are valid, but let’s be real, all options will annoy someone in the fan community. But it just comes down to what the plan is - if they want to introduce the team as teens then that’s fine, but I reckon it’s more likely they’ll introduce them as adults, which does require something more thought out than just appearing imo.

But again, I’d rather a better movie than a rushed movie. I’m very excited to see X-Men done well in the MCU, but they’ve clearly built up something else for the meantime.

Okay… now that I’ve processed the utter disappointment that was D23 this weekend, I’m going to try and be a little more optimistic here. Kevin Feige does love to keep things close to the vest and also has a track record of building up to things slowly, as he’s doing now with hints and references (e.g., the Princess Bar in Falcon & Winter Soldier, the revelation that Kamala Kahn is a mutant in Ms. Marvel, the headline clearly describing Logan in She-Hulk), and I feel quite confident that we’ll see some mutant cameos in their upcoming slate of shows and films long before a mutant project is announced.

So I’ll try to stay positive and wait for those things and get excited about them when they appear… while I maintain my MCU boycott until such time as they happen. LOL.

At least there’s Deadpool 3 which we know is in the works, so there’s that. The more time that goes by however the less optimistic I am that any of the rest of his supporting cast is coming back. Hopefully they do show up, though, even if they recast some of them. For example, with Brolin in his 50s I wouldn’t be surprised if they skewed a little younger for Cable, wanting him to stick around longer in the role. If they go that route, I think Alan Ritchson from the Reacher show would be ideal. He has the perfect build and the look IMO. Just whiten up his hair, give him the facial scars and make him look mean and grizzled. Boom. Perfection.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Both are valid, but let’s be real, all options will annoy someone in the fan community. But it just comes down to what the plan is - if they want to introduce the team as teens then that’s fine, but I reckon it’s more likely they’ll introduce them as adults, which does require something more thought out than just appearing imo.

But again, I’d rather a better movie than a rushed movie. I’m very excited to see X-Men done well in the MCU, but they’ve clearly built up something else for the meantime.
    Like we discussed here before, makes zero sense to introduce them as adults- not only is a repeat of the Fox movies, it also just lead to more questions that can't possibly be answered in a satisfying way
    Also, in anyway it's weird they haven't announced Deadpool 3 at least, since.we know it's coming soon, but things that are clearly farther away already were.

Like we discussed here before, makes zero sense to introduce them as adults- not only is a repeat of the Fox movies, it also just lead to more questions that can't possibly be answered in a satisfying way
    Also, in anyway it's weird they haven't announced Deadpool 3 at least, since.we know it's coming soon, but things that are clearly farther away already were.
    Fox also did them as teens though. The only real option in my opinion is to mix both adults and younger characters. By the time an X movie comes out it will have been nearly 20 years since Jean and Scott and Storm were adult main characters in film. I think they were supposed to be adults in Dark Phoenix but I don’t think that it made a great enough impression on people to affect the general audience’s view. But it’s all moot at the moment anyway, as we don’t have enough to go on at the moment to even have an inkling of their plan. Personally, I wouldn’t be happy with a teen team being the introduction, so I’d prefer they work out a way to bring them in as adults somehow. At least the core team.

Re: Deadpool 3 - we still haven’t got the release dates (and titles) for most phase 6 projects if I’m not mistaken? After SDCC there were like 8 blank spaces. It could be any one of those, or any X related stuff could be taking place after Secret Wars for a story based reason? I’m assuming they might want to keep some mystery about the outcome of phase 6; not wanting too much speculation taking over the conversation instead of the things announced for these next two phases?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Okay… now that I’ve processed the utter disappointment that was D23 this weekend, I’m going to try and be a little more optimistic here. Kevin Feige does love to keep things close to the vest and also has a track record of building up to things slowly, as he’s doing now with hints and references (e.g., the Princess Bar in Falcon & Winter Soldier, the revelation that Kamala Kahn is a mutant in Ms. Marvel, the headline clearly describing Logan in She-Hulk), and I feel quite confident that we’ll see some mutant cameos in their upcoming slate of shows and films long before a mutant project is announced.

So I’ll try to stay positive and wait for those things and get excited about them when they appear… while I maintain my MCU boycott until such time as they happen. LOL.

At least there’s Deadpool 3 which we know is in the works, so there’s that. The more time that goes by however the less optimistic I am that any of the rest of his supporting cast is coming back. Hopefully they do show up, though, even if they recast some of them. For example, with Brolin in his 50s I wouldn’t be surprised if they skewed a little younger for Cable, wanting him to stick around longer in the role. If they go that route, I think Alan Ritchson from the Reacher show would be ideal. He has the perfect build and the look IMO. Just whiten up his hair, give him the facial scars and make him look mean and grizzled. Boom. Perfection.
    I'm loving the idea of Ritchson as Cable. I'll be honest... I loved Brolin as Nathan in Deadpool 2 but I want a longer-term future for the character across multiple movies and shows, and while he does work well as an older man, I wouldn't mind a recast with someone slightly younger who can continue playing him for a decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm loving the idea of Ritchson as Cable. I'll be honest... I loved Brolin as Nathan in Deadpool 2 but I want a longer-term future for the character across multiple movies and shows, and while he does work well as an older man, I wouldn't mind a recast with someone slightly younger who can continue playing him for a decade or so.
    Yeah, plus Brolin is pretty in-demand as an actor too. So would be hard to line him up for lots of future projects at this point I think. He’s got the third Sicario installment coming up, his new streamer Outer Range, etc.

I say make Ritchson the MCU version and play it for laughs… “Hey, didn’t you used to be a lot shorter… and older?”… [Ritchson-Cable has no idea what Wade is rambling on about]… Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wouldnt call a 15 year age difference slightly younger. Brolin is old enough to be his father

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Fox also did them as teens though. The only real option in my opinion is to mix both adults and younger characters. By the time an X movie comes out it will have been nearly 20 years since Jean and Scott and Storm were adult main characters in film. I think they were supposed to be adults in Dark Phoenix but I don’t think that it made a great enough impression on people to affect the general audience’s view. But it’s all moot at the moment anyway, as we don’t have enough to go on at the moment to even have an inkling of their plan. Personally, I wouldn’t be happy with a teen team being the introduction, so I’d prefer they work out a way to bring them in as adults somehow. At least the core team.

Re: Deadpool 3 - we still haven’t got the release dates (and titles) for most phase 6 projects if I’m not mistaken? After SDCC there were like 8 blank spaces. It could be any one of those, or any X related stuff could be taking place after Secret Wars for a story based reason? I’m assuming they might want to keep some mystery about the outcome of phase 6; not wanting too much speculation taking over the conversation instead of the things announced for these next two phases?
    Fox barely did them as teens, and even then the focus was on freakin Mystique, Xavier and Magneto, with something of Apocalypse. In Dark Phoenix, they were adults. If you start the X-men as adults, then you not only miss the chance of develop them and watch the characters grow and evolve, you have an unanswearable question of "Where were the X-men when Thanos/Loki/Ultron etc showed up" and there's zero satisfying answers- they either look incompetent, assholes, or both. It would be like if the MCU started with an adult Spider-Man and had to spend time answering where was he when Loki invaded NY.

With Cyclops particularly, there's a chance to see him start as a shy, reserved guy growing up to be X-men's leader, and developing and hardering with time (and depending on how the stories goes, you can see him gradually moving away from Xavier). If he shows up as a guy in his 20's, leading for a long time, you miss that and have no arc to play with.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jean Grey doesn't show up at all, while people here at treating it as certain. They already did Phoenix twice, then did another variant of Dark Phoenix with Wanda, the MCU would perhaps better off not using her- t's certainly a less absurd propostion than Janet never appearing in Avengers. It also opens up more space for other underused characters.

Ugh I am so tired of watching c-level avengers getting series and movies while the X-men just collect dust in the Disney studio. And the fact that the closest we have gotten is Ms. Marvel of all characters. Just so frustrating.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Jean Grey doesn't show up at all, while people here at treating it as certain. They already did Phoenix twice, then did another variant of Dark Phoenix with Wanda, the MCU would perhaps better off not using her- t's certainly a less absurd propostion than Janet never appearing in Avengers. It also opens up more space for other underused characters.
    Fox technically only did Phoenix in X3. All the other movies only teased or set Jean up to becoming Phoenix.

Jean as Dark Phoenix was a drug addict that accidently killed people while she was flying under the influence. While Wanda in MoM was a psychotic slasher villain. They are almost nothing alike.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 09-12-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Fox technically only did Phoenix in X3. All the other movies only teased or set Jean up to becoming Phoenix.

Jean as Dark Phoenix was a drug addict that accidently killed people while she was flying under the influence. While Wanda in MoM was a psychotic slasher villain. They are almost nothing alike.
    Yes she was. Wanda's arc paralleled Jean's in many aspects. Was it 1:1? Of course not which is why he said a variant of it. Many of the elements were there

And Fox did Phoenix in the title, Dark Phoenix. It wasnt done well at all but we all know what they were going for there. It was another attempt at doing the Dark Phoenix story but different. At the end of the day, thats what people remember and see it as.