Page 11 of 254 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the Eternals toys leaked and their new descriptions indicate theyve pretty much made them mutants (perhaps intentionally so?). Ikaris big thing is eyebeams and Gilgamesh now has Armor's powers.
    I saw that as well. People were pointing out in one thread that some of the plot descriptions falls in line with some leaks that came out a while ago and in those same leaks, they also dropped some info on how mutants are introduced

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...s_leaks_4chan/ (Spoilers for Eternals, if true)
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ikaris sounds like a better version of Cyclops than the half dozen X Men movies with Cyclops in them ever had

Although if they do tie the Eternals/Deviants to be genetic ancestors of the Mutants the number of people saying that Ikaris is Summers(s) great great grandfather might be annoying

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Although if they do tie the Eternals/Deviants to be genetic ancestors of the Mutants the number of people saying that Ikaris is Summers(s) great great grandfather might be annoying
    Honestly? I don’t hate it.

It would be interesting on how they'd do the "next step in human evolution" angle when their ancestors are still hanging around

With the announcement of Armor Wars and Secret Invasion I could also see them doing a (loose/very condensed) version of House of X for Disney+, though it'd likely be doing the whole Hickman story in 10 ish episodes rather than use it as a starting point

those eternal news make me quite nervous as an x-men fan. They come across very x-men-y. No idea how they (or if) will introduce the x-men if the eternals are basically already the new x-men team.....

Well we know they're doing Deadpool 3, who is a mutant (in the movies anyway). There's also rumors of mutant cameos in Madripoor in Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    those eternal news make me quite nervous as an x-men fan. They come across very x-men-y. No idea how they (or if) will introduce the x-men if the eternals are basically already the new x-men team.....
    Really? It sounds like the MCU Eternals are aliens based on what I've seen. What is everyone else reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Of course they will introduce the X-men. Disney didnt spend all that money on Fox only to not do anything with one of its top grossing franchise

Mutants and Eternals have been conceptually tied since the 70's. Mutants have the variety of Deviants and the godlike potential of the Eternals. The Celestials created all three groups. The x-gene was their design. I hope the MCU plants the mutant seed in the Eternals film.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They also now have the immortality (ish) of the Eternals. Now that they'll be bigger names wonder if Hickman may do anything with that.

They should sprinkle mutant characters slowly throughout different movies in phase 4 and identify them but not dwell on it. They for sure should intro Wolverine first so he can have his own solo movie that can have alpha flight in it and weapon plus or the world first and the X-Men film can be about the original x-men and have a nick furish wolverine meets xavier moment in the end. Then in X-Men 2 everything comes together with the second generation team. They should also do an after credits magneto scene to set him up as the big bad of phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course they will introduce the X-men. Disney didnt spend all that money on Fox only to not do anything with one of its top grossing franchise
    I'm maybe more concerned if audiences will be here for it after we have already this new supergroup of mutated gods introduced. Superhero cinema becomes more and more redundant with DC and Marvel releasing movies non stop....when does the MCU bubble burst?

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    They should sprinkle mutant characters slowly throughout different movies in phase 4 and identify them but not dwell on it. They for sure should intro Wolverine first so he can have his own solo movie that can have alpha flight in it and weapon plus or the world first and the X-Men film can be about the original x-men and have a nick furish wolverine meets xavier moment in the end. Then in X-Men 2 everything comes together with the second generation team. They should also do an after credits magneto scene to set him up as the big bad of phase 4.
    If they go the Spider-Man route they will probably use villains we haven't seen before. Magneto is done so perfectly well in the FOX movies. I guess Mr. Sinister is more likely to get some attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mutants and Eternals have been conceptually tied since the 70's. Mutants have the variety of Deviants and the godlike potential of the Eternals. The Celestials created all three groups. The x-gene was their design. I hope the MCU plants the mutant seed in the Eternals film.
    Also there are Externals. In 616 Thanos himself is a mutant Eternal with a Defiant strain.