Page 111 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4270

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't really care if he appears later in the MCU X-Men. But it would be crime if Jackman doesn't interact with the MCU. Pretty sure Jackrow21 will agree with me on this. Who would have thought Patrick Stewart starring in MoM. Secret Wars is the perfect opportunity to introduce Jackman with OML in MCU. That way they it could only be cameo appearance with alternate personality like OML for only that film. Otherwise to watch these Avengers films is pointless right now
    I feel like if it’s at all possible to get Jackman to do a cameo in either Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and/or Avengers: Secret Wars, they will. Too big an opportunity to pass up honestly. And if they start introducing mutants in other projects — via after credits scenes, cameos, etc. — which I believe they will, it could also be the perfect passing of the torch opportunity between this Old Man Logan variant (played by Hugh) and 616 (MCU) Logan.

Honestly, if Jackman won’t do it I say sign Milo Gibson as Wolverine and have his father, Mel, play Old Man Logan. That might not be quite as good as Jackman coming back for the role, but it would be pretty damn awesome IMO.

D292D11B-7FB5-4F04-B40A-3ED5F1275EAD.jpg

Remember that Mel Gibson almost played him back in 1997…

https://screencrush.com/mel-gibson-w...n-concept-art/

So that could really be the next best thing to Jackman showing up as OML. Plus Milo Gibson would be ideal as 616 Logan. He’s got the right build, looks old for his age despite being only 30, and clearly could bulk up with his frame as he’s pretty stocky. They list him as 5’9” but this is Hollywood, so that means 5’7” tops. Plus he’s got the right look…

0E2A6F8D-04C2-47C6-9D22-5A76831CB7AE.jpg

But obviously getting Hugh back for the OML role would be a bigger deal. I think it’ll happen.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Disney isn't signing Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Disney isn't signing Mel Gibson
    No, probably not. But, man, he could do an epic berserker rage I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yes. I don't doubt for a moment that, once they're introduced, the MCU will shift from Avengers-centric to X-Men-centric.
    I'll wait ten years for a Starjammer film that will crossover with an X-Men film that leads to a proper Shi'Ar Intergalactic Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Story. I want it all D'Ken, Liliandra, The Imperial Guard, Mastermind, the Hellfire Club everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'll wait ten years for a Starjammer film that will crossover with an X-Men film that leads to a proper Shi'Ar Intergalactic Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Story. I want it all D'Ken, Liliandra, The Imperial Guard, Mastermind, the Hellfire Club everything.
    I don't expect all of that to happen though. Marvel Studios has never really been interested in making actual adaptations of comic storylines. It also doesn't seem like they that would have the patience to do an corruption arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I don't expect all of that to happen though. Marvel Studios has never really been interested in making actual adaptations of comic storylines. It also doesn't seem like they that would have the patience to do an corruption arc.
    XTAS told the story in under 4 hours. A Starjammers film with 2 X-Men films Phoenix and Dark Phoenix is plenty of time.

XTAS told the story in under 4 hours. A Starjammers film with 2 X-Men films Phoenix and Dark Phoenix is plenty of time.
    Didn't XTAS version cut out a lot of stuff from the comics? Because Jean was Phoenix for over 30 issues.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 09-13-2022 at 08:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If Marvel didn't even want to introduce Norman Osborn and Uncle Ben to the MCU,. I strongly doubt Phoenix will. Even in the unlikely event it was, they adapted Infinity Gauntlet without Adam Warlock,.Silver Surfer or Mephisto they sure as hell can do Phoenix without Starjammers.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I still haven't seen Logan tbh. I hated the first 2 Wolverine movies and by the time it came out FOX had burned me out so badly I didn't bother.
    Just know you’re skipping what many myself included regard as the best super hero movie ever. It is nothing like anything fox put out before. Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Didn't XTAS version cut out a lot of stuff from the comics? Because Jean was Phoenix for over 30 issues.
    Jean was barely used for those 30 issues. With that said, TAS did a good job of adapting both parts of the story arc. Including everything from the comics wouldnt have made sense or worked

Im not sure I'd completely agree with that. Avengers was in many ways an adaptation of Ultimates v1 and Hawkeye was an adaptation of the Matt Fraction series. Iron Man 3 adapted Extremis
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-14-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Not really in issue 114 Jean, Beast, and Professor X believed the X-Men were killed and Jean until issue 125 Jean was a background supporting character and doesn't even appear as Phoenix. She literally goes on vacation then heads to Muir Island for the Holidays. The only thing of note to happen was she met Mastermind as his Jason Wyngarde persona which was a short scene where she literally bumps into him and he picks up her packages from shopping and they part ways with him vowing to make her fall in love with him.

In those 30 issues Jean was part of the Phoenix, M'Kraan Crystal, and D'Ken Storyline, the Proteus Storyline, & then the Dark Phoenix Storyline sitting out the Savage Land, Japan, & Canada Storylines.

As for Starjammers they're the logical replacements for the GOTG who in the MCU feel more like the Starjammers than the GOTG.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They only did the saga once with The Last Stand as a subplot. Dark Phoenix was only meant to be a Jean/Phoenix origin story.

Where did you hear that? Because that doesn't make much sense.
    Easy: none of the **** that leaked after the first real leaks was real.

Not really in issue 114 Jean, Beast, and Professor X believed the X-Men were killed and Jean until issue 125 Jean was a background supporting character and doesn't even appear as Phoenix. She literally goes on vacation then heads to Muir Island for the Holidays. The only thing of note to happen was she met Mastermind as his Jason Wyngarde persona which was a short scene where she literally bumps into him and he picks up her packages from shopping and they part ways with him vowing to make her fall in love with him.
    The Classic X-Men reprints had more scenes of Jean's grieving and showed how Mastermind got into her head in Greece. IIRC, the XTAS version left out Jean's fight with Magneto and the "death" of the X-Men.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 09-14-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Incredible Member

there is a reference to cyclops and cable in the end credits of the new she hulk episode

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    there is a reference to cyclops and cable in the end credits of the new she hulk episode
    Say what!? How did I miss that? Will have to check it out now as I haven’t been watching it, but figured I’d have read something about that.

Edit: Nevermind. Here it is. It’s just an animated shoe design apparently…

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...r-eggs-a196813
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-15-2022 at 07:31 AM.