Page 123 of 292 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4371
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hopefully Secret War will just reset the whole thing and they can recast T'Challa, Tony, Steve, Natasha, etc as necessary, and start over fresh with the FF and X-Men in the mix as well, as it was in the initial 60's Marvel Age. The first ten years of the MCU were great, but it's cohesiveness is breaking down. I didn't like Hickman's Secret War reset in the comics, but the films need it.
    Zero percent chance they just do a full reboot with Secret Wars. That'd make the continuity more convoluted, not less.

I don’t think it’ll be a full reboot, rather a “soft reboot.” In other words, recast some characters, weave some things into the 616 that weren’t there before… similar to how they brought Miles Morales over from the Ultimate Universe in the comics, for example.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

But the difference is there isn't an Ultimate universe from to bring things over from. 99% of Marvel Studios releases are set in the regular timeline, the only exceptions are the animated stuff. Just having all the dead characters magically alive and played by new actors doesnt make continuity simpler, it just undoes some of the most impactful moments in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Zero chance of that happening, Marvel hasn't even debuted the X-Men yet, and that keeps them with enough characters for a good 15 years or so.

I wouldn't mind the MCU just switching focus and letting the X-Men dominate the next decade or two the way the Avengers have so far. But I just don't see them stopping the use of a now wildly popular IP(the Avengers). Plus the original cast is getting too old in key places. I can see a soft reboot like Hickman's Secret War that allows them to reinvigorate the whole line. They have already been introducing alternate dimensions/timelines. Doing the Incursions and moving forward with one singular new(ish) timeline would be streamlining things and a fresh start. I like the relationships the various X-Men have with other franchises(Logan with Fury, Steve, Nat, Carol with the X-Men, Reed and Charles as peers of T'Challa and Tony, etc). I don't like the idea of Xavier already being in the MCU secretly mindwiping everyone[to explain why mutants haven't been active in any of these big events], but that's basically the only way you can insert the mutants into the currently existing MCU. It would be better to just have some cameos from other dimensions(which we have already seen) to wrap up this phase, then start over fresh with a new Avengers team(that can be a mix of new actors and any current actors that want to continue, like Chris Hemsworth's Thor or Holland's Spidey, for example), a new FF, a new X-Men, etc, all operating together in the classic Stan Lee/Kirby manner.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They are whiny. The subsection of Black Panther fans who are praying this movie tanks because they lost their Black Male Power Fantasy Self-Insert Of Choice are not pro-Black, they are incels by another color. Otherwise their support of a Black-led MCU franchise wouldn't be predicated on whether or not there was A Man in the central role, unless Black men became the only Black people and nobody told me. The man died, Marvel didn't decide to write him out or downgrade his role for any reason in their control. Many people would have found it jarring to recast T'Challa, since Chadwick is so beloved and the MCU imprints on pop culture in such an immediate way that moviegoing audiences associate him with the role. Black Panther itself is still bigger than him because it also exists in other media, like comic books, cartoons, novels, etc.
    Ok duly noted so everyone matters but the black male. Okay that pretty much lines up. Seems those who don't want them to speak their truth are doing the biggest whining and judging to me though. But eh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think people are allowed to be disappointed when a character they identify with is replaced, and that doesn’t automatically make them an incel. Sure, there are incels out there. Not denying that. But not everyone who disagrees with Marvel’s choice to not recast Chadwick Boseman and instead replace him with Shuri is an incel.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't like the idea of Xavier already being in the MCU secretly mindwiping everyone[to explain why mutants haven't been active in any of these big events], but that's basically the only way you can insert the mutants into the currently existing MCU.
    That doesn't really make any sense for multiple reasons though. The events of Ms. Marvel wouldn't have happened if Xavier was doing that. Wolverine getting into a bar also shouldn't have made news if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ok duly noted so everyone matters but the black male. Okay that pretty much lines up. Seems those who don't want them to speak their truth are doing the biggest whining and judging to me though. But eh.

That subsection of fans do not represent Black men, they represent Black incels. It's funny to watch them twist themselves around trying to disguise misogyny as social justice because it's never going to work. If Letitia Wright becomes Black Panther in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, she will become the first Black woman to headline a big-2 superhero film since Halle Berry in 2004. I consider that a representation win for women in general, Black people more specifically, and Black women especially. Not only that, there are comic book and real-world precedents for the title of a monarch to pass to their oldest living sibling when they die. That's literally how monarchy works, and how it has always worked in Black Panther comics. Shuri became Black Panther in the comics in 2009, and rather than accepting and understanding that it is (potentially) an extremely valid direction for the franchise to go in considering the extenuating circumstances, we're supposed to....*checks notes*...be upset on behalf of Black men that the MCU Black Panther no longer has a penis? While Sam Wilson Captain America and Blade are about to headline their own movies, and while (again, if) Shuri becomes Black Panther she'll be the only Black woman to headline an MCU film to date, which basically happened by accident? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think people are allowed to be disappointed when a character they identify with is replaced, and that doesn’t automatically make them an incel. Sure, there are incels out there. Not denying that. But not everyone who disagrees with Marvel’s choice to not recast Chadwick Boseman and instead replace him with Shuri is an incel.

It does in this particular instance. If feminists were boycotting the British Royal Family because Elizabeth died and passed the title to a man, they'd sound just as ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Frankly, I don't see Marvel recasting any of the older characters. It just doesn't seem to be their strategy and they've shown they don't need Tony Stark, Steve Rogers or any one character for the MCU to be successful. By the time the X-Men are established, they're more likely to be contemporaries of the likes of Kate Bishop, Simon Williams and Sam Wilson, which will just create different relationships from the comics.

That subsection of fans do not represent Black men, they represent Black incels. It's funny to watch them twist themselves around trying to disguise misogyny as social justice because it's never going to work. If Letitia Wright becomes Black Panther in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, she will become the first Black woman to headline a big-2 superhero film since Halle Berry in 2004. I consider that a representation win for women in general, Black people more specifically, and Black women especially. Not only that, there are comic book and real-world precedents for the title of a monarch to pass to their oldest living sibling when they die. That's literally how monarchy works, and how it has always worked in Black Panther comics. Shuri became Black Panther in the comics in 2009, and rather than accepting and understanding that it is (potentially) an extremely valid direction for the franchise to go in considering the extenuating circumstances, we're supposed to....*checks notes*...be upset on behalf of Black men that the MCU Black Panther no longer has a penis? While Sam Wilson Captain America and Blade are about to headline their own movies, and while (again, if) Shuri becomes Black Panther she'll be the only Black woman to headline an MCU film to date, which basically happened by accident? Give me a break.

It does in this particular instance. If feminists were boycotting the British Royal Family because Elizabeth died and passed the title to a man, they'd sound just as ridiculous.
    But at the very least they aren't vultures picking at the carcus of a dead black actor for every crumb of carcus that was left. Chad gave his interviews when he knew his struggle but somehow marvel and Co in more pain than he was or his family is. You can rationalize it in whatever way you want and put whatever bow on it you have but it will never be pretty especially when they are acting like victims of their own choices.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Frankly, I don't see Marvel recasting any of the older characters. It just doesn't seem to be their strategy and they've shown they don't need Tony Stark, Steve Rogers or any one character for the MCU to be successful. By the time the X-Men are established, they're more likely to be contemporaries of the likes of Kate Bishop, Simon Williams and Sam Wilson, which will just create different relationships from the comics.
    Carol will still be around so SOME of the relationships will be the same.

Maybe the mutants could be cause for Civil War II

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah. A full reboot will probably happen, but only when the X-men too begun to get too old for this, so it's another 20 years at least.

Well, seeing as one of these is a real person and the other is a fictional character I think that's kind of apples to oranges. I mean, you can't really recast Queen Elizabeth with another woman... well, I suppose you could, but that's another debate.

Essentially I'm just saying that I don't think you can paint everyone who doesn't like the mantle going to Shuri (and who would've preferred Marvel to recast their highest profile black male superhero instead) with such a broad brush, but maybe that's just me. *shrugs*

Ed Norton and Terrence Howard would beg to differ. They can and have recast characters with little to no outcry from fans. Not saying there wouldn't be if they'd recast Boseman as T'Challa, but there's also outcry presently going the other way too (hence the above conversation).

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, seeing as one of these is a real person and the other is a fictional character I think that's kind of apples to oranges. I mean, you can't really recast Queen Elizabeth with another woman... well, I suppose you could, but that's another debate.

Essentially I'm just saying that I don't think you can paint everyone who doesn't like the mantle going to Shuri (and who would've preferred Marvel to recast their highest profile black male superhero instead) with such a broad brush, but maybe that's just me. *shrugs*

Ed Norton and Terrence Howard would beg to differ. They can and have recast characters with little to no outcry from fans. Not saying there wouldn't be if they'd recast Boseman as T'Challa, but there's also outcry presently going the other way too (hence the above conversation).
    That's true about Norton and Howard but they're literally 2 actors out of a cast of hundreds (I'm sure there might be other minor roles here and there that were recast). What I meant was that so far, for the most part, once an actor ages out of the role or decides to move on, Marvel's strategy hasn't been to cast a younger Tony Stark or a new Natasha Romanoff, but either let the character die or pass on the mantle to a new one.

So far the MCU has very much been about moving forward, hence the new crop of characters like Kamala Khan, Marc Spector, Monica Rambeau, Jennifer Walters, etc. joining and eventually replacing all those who leave. Things could change obviously especially if commercial success starts to falter, but in general I don't believe Marvel's strategy is to recast their existing characters.