Page 128 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4291

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This will be really, REALLY exciting if it is indeed an entry point for the X-Men to the MCU.

I'm sure we'll see some Fox X-Men in this, I hope some A listers, but what I really hope is for it to bring the new MCU version of the X-Men into play.... then it will be HUGE!
    According to Deadline Hollywood, that isn't going to happen for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My belief is this is exactly where they’re headed. Don’t worry. It’ll be clear that Hugh’s Wolverine is a variant, so people will be fine when they recast. But this gives them an opportunity to give us the most beloved (and only) version of the character now in the MCU, and the ability to give us some things we’ve all wanted but never got in the FOX films (namely the costume, or costumes, and interaction with other MCU characters).

On the costume front, I’m hoping we get the yellow one (or some nod to it; think Logan’s ‘Here Comes Tomorrow’ look with the ripped yellow shirt and jeans, which would be a great look for this variant, especially if he’s an Old Man Logan type variant), but his functional costume should be the full gear with the cowl and everything and should either be the brown and tan or the black and gray X-Force costume (in the case of the latter that would make sense if Deadpool is also wearing the black and gray version of his costume that he had on in that teaser video actually).
    I just don’t know if it will be worth it when we reach a point where they do recast and we have to deal with the constant online negativity of “he’ll never be as good” or “they should just get Hugh Jackman back”.

With the game coming out I think we reached a perfect opportunity for Wolverine as a character to be re-examined and grow out of the fairly divisive/inconsistent portrayal from the FOX movies. It also gave Wolverine to have that chance to become widely known for more than one portrayal/actor like Spider-Man and Batman, following their recent games.

I just think Hugh coming back for a large role could possibly de-rail that potential, and keep people only accepting him as Wolverine for another decade.

I don’t know, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it and not care after the movie comes out, but I can’t stress enough how much I’ve been ready for a new Wolverine!

Disney going to do marvel like star wars all the big stars are going to sign over there likeness and voice rights so they can forever be these characters lol

Very excited about the Deadpool 3 announcement and the doors it may open for the mutants in the MCU. D23 was a massive letdown this year but this is how you bring the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I just don’t know if it will be worth it when we reach a point where they do recast and we have to deal with the constant online negativity of “he’ll never be as good” or “they should just get Hugh Jackman back”.

With the game coming out I think we reached a perfect opportunity for Wolverine as a character to be re-examined and grow out of the fairly divisive/inconsistent portrayal from the FOX movies. It also gave Wolverine to have that chance to become widely known for more than one portrayal/actor like Spider-Man and Batman, following their recent games.

I just think Hugh coming back for a large role could possibly de-rail that potential, and keep people only accepting him as Wolverine for another decade.

I don’t know, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it and not care after the movie comes out, but I can’t stress enough how much I’ve been ready for a new Wolverine!
    Meh. Today or tomorrow, the new guy was always going to suffer by comparison. So whenever they do recast I see no difference in how folks will react.

I will throw this out there, though… I know it’s a radical idea… but No Way Home showed just how good CGI can be these days. Maybe they don’t have to recast at all? Just stick Hugh’s face on a stocky stunt man’s body and pay him to basically voice act as Wolverine for the next twenty years. It could be done. Hell, maybe that’s what they’ll do in Deadpool 3 and shock everyone.

After all, the part Hugh hated about the role was the physical training aspect. Take that part of it away and why not play him forever? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Disney going to do marvel like star wars all the big stars are going to sign over there likeness and voice rights so they can forever be these characters lol
    Bingo. This guy gets it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Meh. Today or tomorrow, the new guy was always going to suffer by comparison. So whenever they do recast I see no difference in how folks will react.

I will throw this out there, though… I know it’s a radical idea… but No Way Home showed just how good CGI can be these days. Maybe they don’t have to recast at all? Just stick Hugh’s face on a stocky stunt man’s body and pay him to basically voice act as Wolverine for the next twenty years. It could be done. Hell, maybe that’s what they’ll do in Deadpool 3 and shock everyone.

After all, the part Hugh hated about the role was the physical training aspect. Take that part of it away and why not play him forever? Just a thought.
    Honestly, I think in the future we will all be watching deepfake movies where are favourite actors are young and beautiful and playing our favourite roles forever. The Star Wars shows have done it very convincingly with Luke as already pointed out.

I don't know if this is necessarily the direction Marvel Studios will take with Wolverine but you're right, it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    According to Deadline Hollywood, that isn't going to happen for a very long time.
    For the characters/actor with still a fox contract, yes. But 2025 it's not a very far long time, no?

As for characters who were not played by any actor in the most recents films we could still have them appear sooner: Emma, Gambit, Iceman, Betsy, Forge, Dazzler, Bishop, Kitty, Lorna, Northstar, etc....

And also...if Disney really, really wants to recast a character sooner they will pay whatever Disney money possible to do so.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 09-28-2022 at 01:43 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    For the characters/actor with still a fox contract, yes. But 2025 it's not a very far long time, no?

As for characters who were not played by any actor in the most recents films we could still have them appear sooner: Emma, Gambit, Iceman, Betsy, Forge, Dazzler, Bishop, Kitty, Lorna, Northstar, etc....

And also...if Disney really, really wants to recast a character sooner they will pay whatever Disney money possible to do so.
    That contract claim is pretty much debunked. If it were true then Patrick Stewart shouldn't have been cast as Professor X in Multiverse of Madness since he retired from the role after Logan. It was James McAvoy that was signed on for multiple projects. So if that claim about the contracts were true than McAvoy should have been Xavier in MoM instead of Sir. Stewart. Same thing with Hugh Jackman who also retired.

Honestly, I think that claim was made up by people who didn't want to accept the notion that Kevin Feige would rather work with the OG X-Men again before doing a hard reboot. So they fabricated this claim as a form of mental gymnastics.

BANNED

So apparently X-23 is trending on Twitter after the Hugh Jackman announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So apparently X-23 is trending on Twitter after the Hugh Jackman announcement.
    Saw a lot traffic about it elsewhere too

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...y_want_to_see/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...that_had_this/

That picture is really a mix of "has it really been this long?" and "they grow up so fast". It's crazy.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

She Hulk now has another mutant, El Aguila! Not a spoiler since he was in the trailers already but it's now confirmed to be him.

Bingo. This guy gets it.
    Haha, I can’t lie - nothing would annoy me more. I don’t want comic adaptations to become like Star Wars where each actor is just eternally linked to a role, and if they don’t play it people riot lol.

Like, things would be awful now if we just only had ageless Michael Keaton as Batman for the last 30 years. Let new actors come in to give these characters a breath of fresh air once in a while. Like Robert Pattinson played a version of Batman Keaton, Affleck or Bale could never do as well. There’s definitely someone out there that can bring something to the role that Hugh can’t

And Jesus, the further away we get from people actually acting in the role, the worse it’ll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Saw a lot traffic about it elsewhere too

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...y_want_to_see/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...that_had_this/

That picture is really a mix of "has it really been this long?" and "they grow up so fast". It's crazy.
    She also has a figure that is similar to Laura from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Haha, I can’t lie - nothing would annoy me more. I don’t want comic adaptations to become like Star Wars where each actor is just eternally linked to a role, and if they don’t play it people riot lol.

Like, things would be awful now if we just only had ageless Michael Keaton as Batman for the last 30 years. Let new actors come in to give these characters a breath of fresh air once in a while. Like Robert Pattinson played a version of Batman Keaton, Affleck or Bale could never do as well. There’s definitely someone out there that can bring something to the role that Hugh can’t

And Jesus, the further away we get from people actually acting in the role, the worse it’ll get.
    Well, in most cases I’d agree. The actor is exchangeable. With a few notable exceptions. This is one of those for me. Wouldn’t mind at all Disney pioneering this technologically with Hugh’s likeness forever linked to Logan. But we can agree to disagree on that. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Honestly, I think in the future we will all be watching deepfake movies where are favourite actors are young and beautiful and playing our favourite roles forever. The Star Wars shows have done it very convincingly with Luke as already pointed out.

I don't know if this is necessarily the direction Marvel Studios will take with Wolverine but you're right, it is a possibility.
    It definitely is, but I’m thinking the Screen Actors Guild might riot over it. They’d have to be judicious about it, and only do it in certain instances (such as this one).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    She also has a figure that is similar to Laura from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

My mind is completely unprepared to process the reality that Dafne Keen has

1) grown up
    2) become hot

I still want to see her as an 11 year-old ball of snarling murderous fury.