Page 15 of 280 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

I’ve said this probably dozens of times on this board. Ultimate X-Men uniforms will work for the big screen. It doesn’t have to be this exactly but it should be the baseline.
    I agree these uniforms look better then the 05 ones, but I'm on the camp that loves the X-Men having each their own unique designs and color schemes.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well no **** the Ultimate costumes look like they could be in a movie when they're literally based on the 2000 movies uniforms.

I frankly want what the end of Apocalypse promised us, then was immediately replaced in Dark Phoenix with ugly 4 dollar jackets with no personality. They used these suits in so many promos for that movie and then immediately scrapped all of them.

Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-08-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Agreed. Those suits looked very MCU like to me, in that they were pretty good adaptations of the more colorful comic book costumes made to look like functional protective suits. The only one whose look I hate is Beast. Not his costume, but rather just his overall look. He looks goofy AF to me and IMO the MCU version should be CGI like the Hulk.

Still not sure about the film's original X-character The Woodsman, stood between Mystique and Jean there.

I still cant believe they remade the Dark Phoenix plotline again and somehow made it worse than in Last Stand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There was a rumor that the MCU versions of the FF and X-men would borrow more heavily from the Ultimate Universe. Just a rumor though. And there was a lot of speculation that Cable in Deadpool 2 was actually a future version of Logan, like the Ultimate version, which explains his height. Again, just a fan theory/rumor.
    And if they do that I would be very happy. The first Ultimate years were great and I often thought it was made with TV or movie adaptions in mind.
    But as I said as the MCU already took a lot from the Ultimates I would be surprised if they do not do the same with the FF or the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And if they do that I would be very happy. The first Ultimate years were great and I often thought it was made with TV or movie adaptions in mind.
    But as I said as the MCU already took a lot from the Ultimates I would be surprised if they do not do the same with the FF or the X-Men.
    What did the MCU really take from the Ultimate though aside from a few aesthetic aspects (Nick Fury being the most glaring one, plus the Triskelion, SHIELD'S enhanced role, Cap's costume perhaps). I believe the similarities are more superficial, in terms of content and backstory the MCU either stuck with the established 616 continuity or came up with their own - not much from the Ultimate comics actually made it to the screen.

I've seen plenty of articles claiming that the new MCU X-Men movies will "again" heavily borrow from Ultimate X-Men, but again I can't really see Feige using that when he has decades worth of superior material to pick and choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    What did the MCU really take from the Ultimate though aside from a few aesthetic aspects (Nick Fury being the most glaring one, plus the Triskelion, SHIELD'S enhanced role, Cap's costume perhaps). I believe the similarities are more superficial, in terms of content and backstory the MCU either stuck with the established 616 continuity or came up with their own - not much from the Ultimate comics actually made it to the screen.

I've seen plenty of articles claiming that the new MCU X-Men movies will "again" heavily borrow from Ultimate X-Men, but again I can't really see Feige using that when he has decades worth of superior material to pick and choose from.
    I think when articles talk about the MCU borrowing from the Ultimate Universe it’s mostly regarding visual aspects. Storyline, plot and characterization are pretty clearly from 616. I would be super excited if this same formula was followed for X-Men and the FF as in general I thought the costume design in the UU was/is far more realistic than 616. I’m not saying I don’t like the costumes in 616 but there’s a reason Cap didn’t keep the wings and Thor only had the helmet for a short time, it just looks goofy on film.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think when articles talk about the MCU borrowing from the Ultimate Universe it’s mostly regarding visual aspects. Storyline, plot and characterization are pretty clearly from 616. I would be super excited if this same formula was followed for X-Men and the FF as in general I thought the costume design in the UU was/is far more realistic than 616. I’m not saying I don’t like the costumes in 616 but there’s a reason Cap didn’t keep the wings and Thor only had the helmet for a short time, it just looks goofy on film.
    I wouldn't be against the Ultimate X-Men costumes being used, I think especially Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Wolverine would work well. The women's are probably a bit too skimpy to be believable. But I have a feeling Disney might want to distance themselves from the black uniforms to diversify from the Fox movies, so I'm expecting a bit more color going around.

Given Feiges love of traditionalist looks (he's the one who advocated for Jackmans hair, as well as sneaking the cast comics after Signer had them banned on set) my guess is at the least we get the full on Wolverine costume, helmet/mask/however they do it and all. Aside from the skydiving suits in First Class and those ugly ass jackets in Dark Phoenix they've never really done the classic yellow/blue look in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post

The plotline for the first Avengers movie was pretty much ripped from Ultimates volume 1. That film served as the backbone for the MCU and why people talk about it being heavily influenced by it. Obviously it has moved past that especially with the Ultimate line no longer being relevant, but it did serve as a foundation for the universe we have

Incredible Member

Introducing x-people in the multiple franchising and then grouping them in the premiere x-movie:

Charles Xavier - cameo as iluminatti member in future movie.
    Rogue, mystique and brotherhood (blob, pyro & avalanche) - captain marvel
    Betsy - Captain Britain movie and then deadpool
    Storm - black panther
    Wolverine - solo movie and then deadpool

Than in the x-movies we can see the above x-men joining the original five in a mission against magneto and his brotherhood and ultimately joining the team.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Introducing x-people in the multiple franchising and then grouping them in the premiere x-movie:

Storm - black panther

Than in the x-movies we can see the above x-men joining the original five in a mission against magneto and his brotherhood and ultimately joining the team.
    I (of course) would love these intruductions. I wouldn't mind aldo Kitty or Jubilee in a Spider-Man movie and maybe Kwannon in Shang Chi.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

Storm - black panther

They are not going to make the Illuminati, when they don't have half the members, particularly Tony and Namor, who are the biggest agitators.

There's also not a chance in hell we will have a Captain Britain movie before a X-men one. I also strongly doubt they'll use Psylocke due to the whole body swapping/racism thing.

I think after Boseman's death, they will probably drop any plans of having Storm debut in Black Panther, if they ever existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They are not going to make the Illuminati, when they don't have half the members, particularly Tony and Namor, who are the biggest agitators.

There's also not a chance in hell we will have a Captain Britain movie before a X-men one. I also strongly doubt they'll use Psylocke due to the whole body swapping/racism thing.

I think after Boseman's death, they will probably drop any plans of having Storm debut in Black Panther, if they ever existed in the first place.
    Namor can be introduced in Black Panther 2 and Illuminati easily can be without Tony.

We will get Black Knight in Eternals so Brian as Cap Britain will appear soon too.