Page 158 of 287 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4302

That’s true. I remember reading it as well. At his age and having bulked up many times before, though, it’s much easier to do. Muscle memory and all that. Getting ripped while putting on mass is tough. Just bulking up the arms and torso shouldn’t be a tall order for him (pun intended). He can still be somewhat of a couch potato and still do that… though, based on how hard he works on Broadway by all accounts I’m not sure him being a couch potato is all that accurate.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s true. I remember reading it as well. At his age and having bulked up many times before, though, it’s much easier to do. Muscle memory and all that. Getting ripped while putting on mass is tough. Just bulking up the arms and torso shouldn’t be a tall order for him (pun intended). He can still be somewhat of a couch potato and still do that… though, based on how hard he works on Broadway by all accounts I’m not sure him being a couch potato is all that accurate.
    Broadway doesn't require the kind of workout programm action movies do, since it's more about endurance and dexterity. Though true, it might have been a bit of a joke to express the frustration at the workout programm for those roles compared to his others.

As for only focusing on the arms and perhaps torso.
    Considering the Deadpool movies are actualy much more open in allowing things from the comics to be used, including costumes (though in a "semi-realistic" design), there is a fair chance he is finaly allowed to have one based on the comics which would indeed only require the arms to be exposed most of the time. The rest could have some padding (which would also make the stuntmen happy i imagine).

Btw. Is a trend we should hope for in the next X-men movies too.

It wasn’t because his body couldn’t do it. He just got tired of it. After some time off, clearly he feels differently. And muscle memory will actually help him bulk up again without problem. Seems to be the case anyway judging by the difference in his physique already.

Attachment 129422

https://mobile.twitter.com/MCU_Direc...34470260428815

Also, to be honest, Hugh doesn’t have to get super shredded like he did for the FOX films. Because no one wants to see him running around in a wife beater in these MCU films. Just get your arms big, Hugh. Bulk up. Maybe do a bunch of shrugs and deadlifts for the traps, bench obviously, lots of curls. Let the suit do the rest of the work. Doesn’t have to be that hard, bub.
    IIRC, he retired after a talk-show host (I forget who) convinced him to.

If they decide to replace Josh Brolin as Cable for the MCU version, this dude gets my vote…

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...77037483728904

Attachment 129446 Attachment 129447

If they decide to replace Josh Brolin as Cable for the MCU version, this dude gets my vote…

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...77037483728904

Attachment 129446 Attachment 129447
    He's a little on the young side for Cable, but I can see the potential. By the time they actually get to MCU New Mutants/X-Force a decade down the line, we'd be cooking with gas.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

He’s forty. Cable was 45 when he first showed up in New Mutants and converted them into X-Force. That’s canon straight from Rob.

Update on Deadpool/Wolverine. It's about the villain.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/deadpoo...el-1235258306/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Update on Deadpool/Wolverine. It's about the villain.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/deadpoo...el-1235258306/
    Emma Corrin has been brilliant on The Crown, this is truly an inspired choice whoever she's playing.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Also a few mutant bits from EW:

But part of the fun is that I've been at this company for half my life, and we're just now tapping into arguably one of the biggest aspects of the publishing history. It's pretty remarkable, and it's a testament to the house of ideas and what Marvel publishing has done these 80 years. The question is how to do it and when to do it, and that's something we've been working on for years. Now we know. But we're not going to talk about it. [Laughs]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Emma Corrin has been brilliant on The Crown, this is truly an inspired choice whoever she's playing.
    So a female villain this time? Interesting.

I can't recall Deadpool having any fitting female figure in his small rogue gallery, while Logan only has Lady Deathstrike from what i recall and they wouldn't cast her for that role.

But then there is the massive bandwith of chosable X-men villains too.

Also a few mutant bits from *url*
    This sounds a bit like. "We have done some research and found a ton dumb fun stuff from the source material we can throw into the movie."

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He's a little on the young side for Cable, but I can see the potential. By the time they actually get to MCU New Mutants/X-Force a decade down the line, we'd be cooking with gas.
    Its alot easier to age an actor up for a role than it is to de-age them. I dont see this guy's age as an issue

Also a few mutant bits from EW:
    Ooh that's exciting. His quote is spreading already:
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...63758390026240
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So a female villain this time? Interesting.

I can't recall Deadpool having any fitting female figure in his small rogue gallery, while Logan only has Lady Deathstrike from what i recall and they wouldn't cast her for that role.
    They could do something with Shiklah, which could also tie into the Horror side of Marvel, since they've introduced Elsa Bloodstone, and Blade is coming.

Isn't Corrin non-binary ? They could play any villain.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Crackpot insane theory: Gwenpool.