Page 169 of 276 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4137

You’re talking about 2027 when they’re on the other side of SW.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I haven't seen this posted anywhere so...

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-plot-de...iginal-series/

"Okay, we're gonna be picking up about several months after Professor X left Earth after being shot by Henry Gyrich and had to return to the Shiar homeworld to be with Lilandra," DeMayo said. "And what ends up happening is that assassination attempt has led to this wave of increased sympathy towards mutants and understanding."
    He continued, "And things are, despite the friends of humanity still having their mullets and getting all up in it, things are really starting to look up for mutants. And this is gonna kind of come to a head and leads our X-Men to say, 'What does our future hold for us? We weren't expecting this.' And you're gonna have Cyclops and Storm really wanting to carry on the dream. And they've recruited Morph and Bishop to actually become full-time members of the team."
    In addition to how some mutant relationships will change in the new series, DeMayo followed up on the news from the X-Men '97 presentation at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 that Magneto will be taking charge of the titular team. The famed antagonist will also see a change of heart, having seen Professor X "do a solid" for the Mutants and decided to attempt to follow in his footsteps by being "a force for good" for mutant-kind.

Very cool that Bishop and Morph are official team members now… though that makes the team pretty darn large, so I’m expecting maybe some characters to take a hiatus. Also wondering what roles Cable, Forge and Sunspot will play. X-Force perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nah. I think they’ll get a proper sendoff in Secret Wars
    It would probably be like recasting Tony Stark and Steve Roger after Endgame.

along with the rest of the MCU. It won’t just be the mutants who will be recast post-SW, but probably everybody.
    Don't think that is going to happen.

We’ll see. Five years is a long time. They may not recast everyone, but definitely the majors by then. Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, even Thor. Plus all the mutants.

That’s why I’m excited to see the FOX actors again. Let’s have some fun with it, and then in 2027 post Secret Wars it’s going to be a whole new MCU. I’d be willing to bet on it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Why would they need to recast Hulk and Thor. They already have a new Captain America.

Because it will be five years down the road, post a huge reality smashing event, and the contracts of many of these actors will be up. Perfect opportunity to smash the reset button.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's really no need to though. Marvels whole thing has been it's continuity, why would they need a hard reboot at all?

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget this.
    This is recent.
    Bob Iger Questions Marvel Sequels, Need to Bring Back Characters: ‘You’re Going to See a Lot of Newness’
    The Disney CEO spoke about the future of the MCU at the Morgan Stanley’s 2023 Technology Media and Telecom Conference.
    “Spider-Man: No Way Home”

Marvel Studios is never shy to bring back a fan-favorite character or give an old favorite a sequel. Over 24 years and 31 movies, the only characters that have been officially retired are a few tentpoles like Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.). But according to Disney CEO Bob Iger, the studio’s upcoming slate is all about going to be introducing fresh faces and less about bringing back old stalwarts.

During Disney’s Thursday presentation at Morgan Stanley’s 2023 Technology Media and Telecom Conference, Iger spoke about the future of Marvel at the company. During the next five years, Iger said Disney would reevaluate whether certain characters need sequels, or need to be brought back at all.

“Marvel — there were 7,000 characters, there are a lot more stories to tell,” he said. “What we have to look at at Marvel is not necessarily the volume of Marvel storytelling, but how many times we go back to the well on certain characters. Sequels typically work well for us. Do you need a third or a fourth, or is it time to turn to other characters? There’s nothing in any way inherently off in terms of the Marvel brand. I think we just have to look at what characters or stories we’re mining. And if you look at the trajectory of Marvel over the next five years, you’re going to see a lot of newness. We’re going to turn back to the Avengers franchise, but with a whole set of different Avengers.”

The “turn back” to the “Avengers” franchise is a reference to “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty” and “Avengers: Secret Wars,” which will end Phase 6 in 2025 and 2026. Destin Daniel Cretton is slated to direct “Kang Dynasty,” while the “Secret Wars” director has yet to be announced.

Upcoming Marvel sequels include a third “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie, “The Marvels,” “New World Order” starring Anthony Mackie as new Captain America Sam Wilson, and “Thunderbolts,” which will team villains and anti-heroes from past films. The only films completely starring new characters is “Fantastic Four,” which will introduce the titular team to the franchise, and “Blade” starring Mahershala Ali. That said, three unannounced films from Marvel Studios have been dated for July 25 and November 7, 2025, and February 13, 2026.

Iger also addressed another Disney tentpole, Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars,” during the call. The franchise has mostly been cosigned to Disney+ since 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker” ended the sequel trilogy, and earlier this week it was reported that two in-development films — Patty Jenkins’ “Rogue Squadron” and an untitled project from Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige — have been shelved. Iger explained that Disney wanted to pause their release of films in the franchise after the commercial disappointment of spin-off film “Solo,” but that new films are still being made by Lucasfilm.

“‘Solo’ was a little disappointing to us. It gave us pause just to think maybe the cadence was a little too aggressive. So we decided to pull back a bit,” Iger said. “We still are developing ‘Star Wars’ films. We’re going to make sure that when we make one that it’s the right one, and so we’re being really careful there.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2023/03/di...ls-1234817799/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thank you, friend. I totally missed these posts today until now lol. Yeah I'm not familiar with the various sources when it comes to MCU stuff so...
    Sure, no prob, kinda figured.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Don't forget this. ...
    ThanX, was just about to quote & lift it from your same post in the Marvel Comics forum, but you've saved me the trouble.

Very cool that Bishop and Morph are official team members now… though that makes the team pretty darn large, so I’m expecting maybe some characters to take a hiatus. Also wondering what roles Cable, Forge and Sunspot will play. X-Force perhaps?
    I think Sunspot has been confirmed as a new student at Xavier's before? I do see X-Force being formed in the TAS-verse eventually, after all we had X-Factor so why not a Cable-led X-Force?

Also, I don't recall the exact circumstances of Bishop's last appearance but didn't he get back to his timeline? I'm curious as to how and why he ends up in the present again.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think Sunspot has been confirmed as a new student at Xavier's before? I do see X-Force being formed in the TAS-verse eventually, after all we had X-Factor so why not a Cable-led X-Force?
    It would make sense to introduce the classic X-Force. Cannonball, Boom Boom, and Feral have already been shown in this universe. Not sure about Warpath since they never said if that was him or his brother Thunderbird in that one episode, but it would be easy to just say its James. Right there you have 4 of the 5 members of the team along with Cable. The only one who never showed up was Shatterstar.

If they want they could even bring in Rictor since he has been shown in this universe too. I say go full rooster and bring in Sunspot and Siryn too.

Victoria Alonso is suddenly out at Marvel Studios…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...235356853/amp/

Victoria Alonso is suddenly out at Marvel Studios…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...235356853/amp/
    Wow shocker indeed. Although it's not that uncommon for someone to leave a company after working there for 17 years, especially in a highly stressful role like Alonso had, it's hard not to connect Marvel's recent misfortunes with all things VFX with her exit. More gossip to come on this I'm sure.