Page 17 of 291 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/thor-...n-x-men-cameo/

Somebody called daniel richtman a supposed insider. I never believe these things though until i see an actor.
    That would be cool if true but I can’t imagine how they would explain how she got to space. Unless mutants are aliens which I would hate.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I hink a few of them will have bigger parts. They flew Vin Diesel in and they didn't even do that for the actual Guardians movies.
    I think Jane, Odinson, and Valkyrie will be the main characters, and Christian Bale's God Butcher. If they flew in Vin it was probably just so Taika could meet him in person; Groot being pure CGI precludes any real need to have him on set. Vin was probably just bored and wanted an excuse to go on vacation. Maybe the Gaurdians will be used more , but I doubt they lured Natalie Portman back for a bunch of GotG gags.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not sure where Storm would fit into a Thor story that already has the Guardians in it
    Rumored as part of Thor Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That would be cool if true but I can’t imagine how they would explain how she got to space. Unless mutants are aliens which I would hate.
    If it happens i'm imagining a scene where thor has like a god cerebro or something and you get a quick flash of one of the signals being a young Storm in kenya playing with a small storm in her hands.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rumored as part of Thor Corps.
    I'm all for X-Men characters appearing in movies again as soon as possible, but I think Ororo appearing in Thor, likely on another planet, and especially as part of the Thor Corps, would require big mental gymnastics to then reconcile with her following appearance. Which we know nothing about admittedly, but Storm historically isn't exactly a cosmic character.

There is certainly a precedent in the canon for this. I wouldn't necessarily introduce Storm like this, but it could be done. They are already getting into time travel and the multiverse. I would prefer a more classical approach(I want the Kenyan goddess origin), but the MCU does its own thing. Until. Feige makes an official statement, it's all conjecture.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

After watching Wanda Vision last episode, I really think they should introduce Magneto in the series . At this point, it would be easier to have Magneto coming from an alternative reality into the MCU than to introduce him new for the MCU.

So we could still have his holocaust survivor backstory and Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are both bloody amazing in the role. I also do not see again his origin story. So he would just be there fighting for mutant rights in this universe going forward.

The last episode was quite wonderful for X-Men fans in my eyes.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-13-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    After watching Wanda Vision last episode, I really think they should introduce Magneto in the series . At this point, it would be easier to have Magneto coming from an alternative reality into the MCU than to introduce him new for the MCU.

So we could still have his holocaust survivor backstory and Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are both bloody amazing in the role. I also do not see again his origin story. So he would just be there fighting for mutant rights in this universe going forward.

The last episode was quite wonderful for X-Men fans in my eyes.
    I'm waiting for it to finish so i can binge watch it but from what very little i've read around the board i'm starting to get more and more excited. Feeling like a Dark Phoenix birth on the horizon. lol

I will say i don't like the idea of wanda creating mutants and hope that isn't where the show is going. I would much rather the natural phenomon or whatever and not to beat a dead horse but so far everything birthed in the mcu has been by people who all look the same.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm waiting for it to finish so i can binge watch it but from what very little i've read around the board i'm starting to get more and more excited. Feeling like a Dark Phoenix birth on the horizon. lol

I will say i don't like the idea of wanda creating mutants and hope that isn't where the show is going. I would much rather the natural phenomon or whatever and not to beat a dead horse but so far everything birthed in the mcu has been by people who all look the same.
    literally EVERYTHING in the MCU came from Tony Stark. lol it will probably be revealed that Wanda was inspired to create mutants by a conversation with Stark in a flashback.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    literally EVERYTHING in the MCU came from Tony Stark. lol it will probably be revealed that Wanda was inspired to create mutants by a conversation with Stark in a flashback.
    Spiderman fans don't deal with the tony stark is responsible for everything well, wonder how x-men fans will react to that when x-men gets tony stark processed. should be very fun and interesting to see the reactions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Spiderman fans don't deal with the tony stark is responsible for everything well, wonder how x-men fans will react to that when x-men gets tony stark processed. should be very fun and interesting to see the reactions.
    I'm still waiting on the reveal that the spider that bit Peter was Stark Trech.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    LOL. That's a good one, however that will be a step too far to link the spider who bit spiderman to Stark Industry. But X-Men will have to link to something already established in the MCU. that is their formula.

X-Men fans will just have to get lucky that they will find the link very tolerable considering x-men is such a big universe and their myth works best as a stand alone origin, which for MCU should be a good thing because it means a very fresh origins story compared to all the links they do. Hopefully Kevin Feige will see it that way.

I don’t think Feige intends to keep Evan Peters in the MCU long-term. His presence reinforces the ominous nature of the fake reality, but if they let his Quicksilver stick around, it would go against the major themes of Wandavision. I do think the most obvious and likely way to introduce mutants is to have Doctor Strange discover an alternate reality where the x-men are already established, and maybe merge it with the main universe. I’d prefer that to the ultimate universe origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Funny you should say that, but I am hoping for a Weapon Plus/Ultimate Universe type reveal that connects most of the MCU’s military industrial complex. So the Super Soldier Program that created Captain America (and Isaiah Bradley before him) begat multiple future iterations across the former Allied nations including Weapon X in Canada, the Red Room in Russia, The World facility in France, future U.S. programs like the one that created Nuke, etc.; and then spun off into private corporate ventures like Stark Industries, Oscorp, and Roxxon Corporation which gave us Iron Man/War Machine, Spider-man/Green Goblin and Luke Cage respectively. Among others. Basically, the whole “it’s all connected” theme. I loved it when Morrison did it, as well as when they did that in the Ultimate Universe honestly. Would be cool if they did it in the MCU too IMO.

And, of course, that also means they could introduce The Facility, a Weapon X spinoff that created your favorite character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don’t think Feige intends to keep Evan Peters in the MCU long-term. His presence reinforces the ominous nature of the fake reality, but if they let his Quicksilver stick around, it would go against the major themes of Wandavision. I do think the most obvious and likely way to introduce mutants is to have Doctor Strange discover an alternate reality where the x-men are already established, and maybe merge it with the main universe. I’d prefer that to the ultimate universe origin.
    I would agree with this but the next stage for MCU is the multiverse. Evan Peters is there to say whenever MCU wants to use a multiverse plot point. Also this so far has been the biggest highlight of Wandavsion that it got me watching. so Feige is not letting that go, I think he would offer Hugh Jackman any money in the world to come back

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Funny you should say that, but I am hoping for a Weapon Plus/Ultimate Universe type reveal that connects most of the MCU’s military industrial complex. So the Super Soldier Program that created Captain America (and Isaiah Bradley before him) begat multiple future iterations across the former Allied nations including Weapon X in Canada, the Red Room in Russia, The World facility in France, future U.S. programs like the one that created Nuke, etc.; and then spun off into private corporate ventures like Stark Industries, Oscorp, and Roxxon Corporation which gave us Iron Man/War Machine, Spider-man/Green Goblin and Luke Cage respectively. Among others. Basically, the whole “it’s all connected” theme. I loved it when Morrison did it, as well as when they did that in the Ultimate Universe honestly. Would be cool if they did it in the MCU too IMO.

And, of course, that also means they could introduce The Facility, a Weapon X spinoff that created your favorite character.
    Unfortunately this is a terrible story to me to put on screen,its very repetitive and above all it takes too much away from Wolverine's mutantcy. To tell a weapon x story, just do the traditional comics.

The all'....''its all connected thing was a bomb and went nowhere. I never watched agents of shield post season one first half. but my sister did and she said the show got excellent when they stopped pretending they were connected to the MCU and MCU Netflix not connecting to the MCU movies gave them more freedom to do their own things and exploit story telling well in ways MCU will never do.

MCU has made too many mistakes with Tony Stark/Spiderman connection, they have to avoid that with X-Men to make up for some of the other flaws and short comings their xmen films will likely have.

I am not all that happy that the first major hint of a mutant in the MCU is DOFP Quicksilver but what can you do.

More importantly X-Men is not really part of the it's all connected trope with marvel, it's never worked all that well in the comics when marvel tried too hard like black panther/storm and star lord/kitty pride, uncanny avengers or A v X, I am not saying this stories or couples were straight up awful but they are not in the same class as other X-men stories like Days of Future Past , Mutant Genesis, God Loves Man Kills, Astonishing X-Men, Messiah Complex.

So I don't think it will translate well with the films either. there is a loneliness and survivorship about the xmen universe that makes them more appealing than the other Marvel characters. Kevin Feige has to put this most on screen to make authentic decent xmen movies and the heavy connection angle hinders that a lot.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-13-2021 at 10:24 AM.