Page 179 of 287 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4292

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    That last part is almost certainly inaccurate lol. Anyways, as I had edited my post to say: mostly mapped out. We know they can make some last minute additions, like Spider-Man back in 2016. They probably had a free space and ultimately decided to use it on Fantastic Four, because that's a more self-contained franchise with fewer characters. I imagine Marvel Studios views the X-Men as too big and potentially profitable of a brand to introduce via streaming series, especially since Disney's faith in their streaming service has been faltering recently. And I think they're too cynical to do something bold like greenlight an x-related spin-off show before the A-list team has had their debut.
    Those are good points. Its just weird to me that we really haven't heard anything other than X-Men 97 when they've had the property for a little while now. When they announced movies being pushed back they had things 8 years down the line but still no hint of X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

While they don't have to introduce the team or any characters in the Disney shows, they had more than enough time in five years- most of the movies weren't on any schedule by that point, same for most shows. Also, we know many of the movies scheduled don't have a script or director yet, so it's not like they are too far ahead. Not knowing what to do with X-men is the most likely option

The current MCU has already peaked and is in decline. Let them wrap this up with the Multiverse Saga and a Secret War reset. Then we can have a fresh and clean MCU 2.0 with the FF, X-Men, and Spider-Man all alongside the Avengers et al from jump. You can keep any actors you really want(maybe Spidey and the new FF at least), recast as you want and start basically over again, except mutants are a thing. I'm pretty sure that's why they are taking so long with this. They know the mutants can hold a whole swatch of films and series by themselves. Let them scrape the last few crumbs from the barrel with this line. We'll have decades of X-content when the time is right!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder if the desire to separate the MCU X-Men from the FoX-men will impact the team. An easy way to separate them would be to not use as many of the characters that Fox used, but Fox used a lot of the big characters and I can see MCU wanting to do the same.
    They will certainly avoid using certain characters and/or completely reinvent them. Kevin Feige said they didn't reboot characters like Green Goblin and Doc Ock because they wanted to give audiences something different (also because the original actors are just too good in those roles). And look at how different MCU MJ is from the previous MJ.

That's true, but its weird to me that they wouldn't be jumping on the opportunity to use the X-men. They finally get complete control of one of their two biggest IPs and they aren't using it.
    Back in 2019, Feige said they had a five-year-plan and so the X-Men wouldn't appear until then. 2019 + 5 = 2024. In 2024, a Deadpool/Wolverine movie will hit theaters and we'll get X-Men '97 shortly before that. So Marvel kept their promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    My guess is that they don't have an explanation as to where mutants where all this time and/or a way to set MCU X-Men from the Fox version easily.
    I think it is the latter, partially. Elizabeth Olsen said that Kevin Feige asks the actors what they want to do and he does it. Her and several other Avenger actors said they wanted to do a crossover with the Fox X-Men. So they are doing that first before any reboot happens.

I also think Feige also wants to revisit the X-Men universe since that is what started his entire career and he is friends with the original cast.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-16-2023 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    They will certainly avoid using certain characters and/or completely reinvent them. Kevin Feige said they didn't reboot characters like Green Goblin and Doc Ock because they wanted to give audiences something different (also because the original actors are just too good in those roles). And look at how different MCU MJ is from the previous MJ.
    So different that "MJ" was entirely a last-minute joke with initials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So different that "MJ" was entirely a last-minute joke with initials.
    I was just watching something on YouTube about the many incarnations on MJ, with the video claiming that Raimi's MJ was closer in personality to early comics Gwen Stacy than anyone else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was just watching something on YouTube about the many incarnations on MJ, with the video claiming that Raimi's MJ was closer in personality to early comics Gwen Stacy than anyone else.
    That is clearly true. Meanwhile, Emma Stone's Gwen was much more like MJ

https://twitter.com/CanWeGetToast/st...C9zeLjoLEuAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by CanWeGetSomeToast
    Deadpool isn’t the only character getting multiple variations. We’re also going to get at LEAST one other Wolverine in #Deadpool3
    I think we’re going to get a younger Wolverine variant in a comic accurate suit and an Old Man Logan variant, who gets stuck in the MCU with Deadpool and thus also appears in Secret Wars.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The two Snaps screwed with reality, sparking the creation of the X-Gene retroactively throughout the entire timeline.

Done.
    Yeah it would make perfect sense. All they have to say is the x-gene has been dormant in humans with just one or two being born every so often to explain guys like Wolverine being around for a while, but the snap kicked it in high gear and since the snap more x-genes have become active. Xavier has been doing his best to keep it hidden so he can gather and train these new mutants, but something big happens that reveals it all to the world. It is not that hard.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I think we’re going to get a younger Wolverine variant in a comic accurate suit and an Old Man Logan variant, who gets stuck in the MCU with Deadpool and thus also appears in Secret Wars.
    I always see CanWeGetSomeToast's "scoops" being reported on various websites but I'm unsure about their track record. They already said a lot about Wolverine/Deadpool and I'm curious to see if anything will pan out - although to be fair, Jackman already let it slip some months ago that he would be playing more than one version of Logan, so this sounds highly believable.

BANNED

Still crossing my fingers for Daf.

That image is missing Old Man Logan and Im surprised bc he was prominent in the books for quite some time

He was also prominent during the 2015 Secret Wars event… and the MCU is currently building towards… yep, Avengers: Secret Wars. With rumors swirling that Jackman has also signed on for that one too.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to suss out that he’s probably playing an OML variant.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The current MCU has already peaked and is in decline. Let them wrap this up with the Multiverse Saga and a Secret War reset. Then we can have a fresh and clean MCU 2.0 with the FF, X-Men, and Spider-Man all alongside the Avengers et al from jump. You can keep any actors you really want(maybe Spidey and the new FF at least), recast as you want and start basically over again, except mutants are a thing. I'm pretty sure that's why they are taking so long with this. They know the mutants can hold a whole swatch of films and series by themselves. Let them scrape the last few crumbs from the barrel with this line. We'll have decades of X-content when the time is right!
    By the time the X-Men are introduced, the MCU will be mired in a bunch of comic movie cliches. They’ll probably use the X-men as a refresher, but by then, a bunch of TV and film knockoffs will have beat the mutants to the punch. We’ll see if critics are friendly towards the final product, but I’m skeptical because Disney doesn’t handle “adult” drama like well. No sex, cigarettes, or heavy content for the House of Mouse. They want it family friendly so that the eventual Wolverine ride draws as big a crowd as possible

What I want Cable to look like if he shows up in Deadpool 3:

Josh-Brolin-as-Cable-in-Deadpool-2.jpg