Page 180 of 278 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4168

Elizabeth Olsen might have spoiled a future Avengers/X-Men multiverse crossover.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...00000013176793
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-25-2023 at 04:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

A recent discussion reinforced my opinion that Marvel should build up a full blown second X-men Cinematic Universe (XCU) independent of the MCU, while putting the somewhat worn out MCU on the backburner to let it regain some strength, with the plan to have the heros of both eventualy cross over for a major story.

Essentialy a larger scale repeat of how the first Avengers movie came to be.

The X-men are basicly too large of an IP and have just too many memorable characters from A to C list, which would remain unused or downright wasted if there can only be 2 movies for the main team alone in just 10 years.

As such Marvel/Disney would be well suited to use them as seperated IP, just with free crossover potential. This would also help with the obvious issue of the two sides of the Marvel Universe frequently clashing in tone and feel of the world.

So the perhaps best plan for the X-men in the MCU would be to let the original movies slide into the realm of "one part of the multiverse" and start with a full blown XCU using bits and pieces of the allready existing X-men movies to skip on introduction time for characters and concepts.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-25-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

First point, MCU doesn’t have to be separate universe for the X-men stuff to get the focus and for the avengers to move to the back burner. Second, Fiege doesn’t want to, move the avengers stuff to the back burner. They are still planning new avengers stuff and fantastic four, but still no X-men…
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen might have spoiled a future Avengers/X-Men multiverse crossover.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...00000013176793
    Eh, given how she didn’t even know what was going to happen in multiverse of madness, when she was in it, I think she’s just talking about ‘things that would be cool.’

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Eh, given how she didn’t even know what was going to happen in multiverse of madness, when she was in it, I think she’s just talking about ‘things that would be cool.’
    Wanda wasn't going to be the villain of Multiverse of Madness, initially, but have a corruption arc and save her as a villain for a later story. The new writer decided to change that and make her the villain of the movie. So the final product was not what she signed up for.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-25-2023 at 07:09 PM.

I feel like the main Avengers stories have been played out in the MCU. Iron Man and Cap are basically gone already, Natasha too. Thor is running out of steam. T'Challa is dead. No one cares about Ant Man or Wasp or any of the Hawkeyes. There are no proper Avengers for the X-Men, Fox or otherwise, to crossover with. They have to reset the whole thing if they want to do that properly(a Steve, Carol, Fury, and Hulk that knows Logan, a Rogue who can take on the whole team, a T'Challa that knows Ororo from childhood, etc, etc). I mean, sure you can have Halle and Famke and Hugh fight Shang Chi and Shuri and Sam as Cap, but it won't hit as hard. If you want an iconic X-Men vs Avengers story, you have to start over again with both teams(unless you think they'll just bring back RDJ et al, which I mean, they could for one more movie, but it would cost a LOT, and still basically feel like a What If?, not a proper crossover with relevant history).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like the main Avengers stories have been played out in the MCU. Iron Man and Cap are basically gone already, Natasha too. Thor is running out of steam. T'Challa is dead. No one cares about Ant Man or Wasp or any of the Hawkeyes. There are no proper Avengers for the X-Men, Fox or otherwise, to crossover with. They have to reset the whole thing if they want to do that properly(a Steve, Carol, Fury, and Hulk that knows Logan, a Rogue who can take on the whole team, a T'Challa that knows Ororo from childhood, etc, etc). I mean, sure you can have Halle and Famke and Hugh fight Shang Chi and Shuri and Sam as Cap, but it won't hit as hard. If you want an iconic X-Men vs Avengers story, you have to start over again with both teams(unless you think they'll just bring back RDJ et al, which I mean, they could for one more movie, but it would cost a LOT, and still basically feel like a What If?, not a proper crossover with relevant history).
    You're forgetting about: Hugh's Wolverine vs Hulk, Famke's Phoenix vs Scarlet Witch, Anna's Rogue gaining the powers of Carol, Halle's Storm wielding the power of Thor, Deadpool and She-Hulk breaking the fourth wall together. Very cool things to see on the big screen.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-26-2023 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

You're forgetting about: Hugh's Wolverine vs Hulk, Famke's Phoenix vs Scarlet Witch, Anna's Rogue gaining the powers of Carol, Halle's Storm wielding the power of Thor, Deadpool and She-Hulk breaking the fourth wall together. Very cool things to say on the big screen.
    I will be REALLY disappointed if we don’t ever see Jen and Wade on screen together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I will be REALLY disappointed if we don’t ever see Jen and Wade on screen together.
    I think they might. The writer of She-Hulk is on Deadpool and Wolverine. I expect Jen to appear in a funny cameo scene interacting with Wade.

BANNED

I think they might. The writer of She-Hulk is on Deadpool and Wolverine. I expect Jen to appear in a funny cameo scene interacting with Wade.
    They have to fight about who had the fourth wall shtick first.

They will certainly avoid using certain characters and/or completely reinvent them. Kevin Feige said they didn't reboot characters like Green Goblin and Doc Ock because they wanted to give audiences something different (also because the original actors are just too good in those roles). And look at how different MCU MJ is from the previous MJ.
    I don't think there's anyone from the FOX-Men who were "just too good in their roles" for their characters to be sacred; the writing didn't allow it. The ones who did best (Stewart, McKellan, Jackman), they've already brought back or are bringing back, lol. I do hope we get some different characters on the MCU X-Men team but I'm sure they're not going to be shying away from the likes of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Logan.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I keep forgetting Zeb Wells joined the Deadpool & Wolverine writing team. Between that, She-Hulk, Marvel Zombies, Captain Marvel and a bi-monthly Amazing Spider-Man book, the man must be writing 24/7 with no bathroom breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't think there's anyone from the FOX-Men who were "just too good in their roles" for their characters to be sacred; the writing didn't allow it. The ones who did best (Stewart, McKellan, Jackman), they've already brought back or are bringing back, lol. I do hope we get some different characters on the MCU X-Men team but I'm sure they're not going to be shying away from the likes of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Logan.
    They've already shied away from Jean. Remember how Wolverine & The X-Men made the Dark Phoenix Saga into an Emma Frost story? Guess who were people that wrote and produced that show.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 06-27-2023 at 10:32 AM.

We may have been watching 2 different shows but I remember Jean in Wolverine & The X-Men, and iirc she was supposed to be part of the main cast for the ill-fated Age of Apocalypse Season 2.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I just watched the Knights of the Zodiac movie (please don't put yourself through the pain unless you're a fan...) and I enjoyed Famke Janssen in it, she is still so pretty. Her face looks a lot more natural than her recent plumped-up appearances and I would be delighted to see her as Jean once more if she's indeed in Deadpool 3.

It's also funny that (spoilers for the Knights of the Zodiac)

spoilers:
    In the climax of the movie, she fights the Phoenix knight; then, Seiya tries to save Sienna from the goddess inside her while she destroys everything around her, leaving Seiya without clothes as he tries to reach her, much in the same way Jean did with Logan in X-Men: The Last Stand.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    We may have been watching 2 different shows but I remember Jean in Wolverine & The X-Men, and iirc she was supposed to be part of the main cast for the ill-fated Age of Apocalypse Season 2.
    Yeah, and she was barely in it. I won't be surprised if Emma became Phoenix in the MCU instead of Jean.