Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Easiest way, and probably the approach they'll take: there were was always the odd mutant here and there, many possibly already in Krakoa, but for some reason or the other, the number is increasing exponentially in the last few years (the snap could easily be used as a hand-wave, make almost all the new mutants people that died there and were resurrected) meaning the public is becoming aware of their existence.

Magneto not looking like a 90 year old can be explained with either Krakoa drugs that make all mutants not age (and could be something they offer the world), or if they want to go there, he died and was resurrected.

Some of the ideas here (focus on characters with complicated stories like Bishop or Psylocke, have the X-men be retired superheroes, start with time-travel) are just non-sense.

Astonishing Member

How to explain mutants: We don't. They've just always been around but not in big numbers. The reason they haven't been mentioned is because they've been pretty inconsequential until now. Xavier's just starting his school now. No major mutant terrorist attacks have happened until the start of the movie. The mutant age begins now. The problem with trying to "explain" mutants is that their being mutants hinges on them being born that way. Even if we use the "Thanos Snap" the way the '60s comics asserted that the "Atomic Age" started the wave of mutation, it would have to be 20 years or so after. So, we don't stress about it.

So, the X-Men are teenage students (or at least adults who look like teenagers) Our core cast consists of Prof. X and (human) Moira MacTaggert in the teacher roles and a class of Cyclops (age 17), Marvel Girl (age 17), Storm (age 17), Nightcrawler (age 15), Jubilee (age 13) and Wolverine (looks about 19 but constantly drops hints that he's way older). Our main villain is the Sentinel program and especially the Master Mold AI created by Steven Lang (the Fox movies already used Trask, so we're going with Lang). Lang is presented as a sort of super-power hater who goes to drastic extents once he finds out about mutants. Of course, Master Mold proves to be even more fanatical once it starts going from anti-mutant to Sentinel supremacist.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There was that rumor Marvel would do an adaptation of Ultimatum, as well as introduce the Illuminati. Those would be interesting ways to involve the X-Men

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Easiest way, and probably the approach they'll take: there were was always the odd mutant here and there, many possibly already in Krakoa, but for some reason or the other, the number is increasing exponentially in the last few years (the snap could easily be used as a hand-wave, make almost all the new mutants people that died there and were resurrected) meaning the public is becoming aware of their existence.

Magneto not looking like a 90 year old can be explained with either Krakoa drugs that make all mutants not age (and could be something they offer the world), or if they want to go there, he died and was resurrected.

Some of the ideas here (focus on characters with complicated stories like Bishop or Psylocke, have the X-men be retired superheroes, start with time-travel) are just non-sense.
    Basically this. The first snap woke Krakoa and the first few mutants of this era (a small number through the centuries have existed). Xavier, Magneto, Moira and some of the first classes. This also woke Apocalypse from his slumber. It alerted the Externals as well that something has changed. Those five years in between snaps gave these leaders the opportunity to study the genetics, start the school, start training and building Krakoa on the DL. The few instances of mutants being discovered are erased by telepaths as they’re on the mission of keeping themselves a secret. With the second snap, the rest of the mutants are brought back and that’s when their powers begin to emerge and the general public find out about it. Cue the fear and hatred bit. Something happens, they save the world or whatever and the mutants of Krakoa announce themselves to the world.

They’ve been here in so few numbers... the snaps advanced these latent mutant genes that probably wouldn’t have happened for several more centuries.

It’s simple and easy.

Seeing a lot of people mention Krakoa here as an immediate part of MCU X-Men. I don't know if that should be the case, seeing as Krakoa as a nation is a lot more effective as a consequence of so much fear and hatred being directed at mutants. I don't think it would be a disservice to the current DoX stuff to just have Krakoa as a stand in for Xavier's School. Krakoa would be a great storyline down the road, even Krakoa being featured in the early films would be great. But I think it would be such a waste to just have it as a little land where mutants have been hiding.

With Disney+ things can be built up even more interestingly and in depth, so let's let it do that rather than just jump head first into one of the X-Line's best/most important/ most nuanced storylines in years!

BANNED

Weren’t mutants in hiding in the 60s comic and Xavier and the others had secret identities? Why don’t they do that?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Seeing a lot of people mention Krakoa here as an immediate part of MCU X-Men. I don't know if that should be the case, seeing as Krakoa as a nation is a lot more effective as a consequence of so much fear and hatred being directed at mutants. I don't think it would be a disservice to the current DoX stuff to just have Krakoa as a stand in for Xavier's School. Krakoa would be a great storyline down the road, even Krakoa being featured in the early films would be great. But I think it would be such a waste to just have it as a little land where mutants have been hiding.

With Disney+ things can be built up even more interestingly and in depth, so let's let it do that rather than just jump head first into one of the X-Line's best/most important/ most nuanced storylines in years!
    Yeah gotta agree with this tbh.

Mutants should live among humans to begin with i think.

Krakoa could be the setting for the x-mens equivalent of avengers:endgame.

I wonder how many x men movies they will make. I assume they will do a wolverine solo aswell.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Marvel uses a lot of the framework for stories they adapt while not tending to use the main plotline other than sort of the premise. Take WandaVision, for instance, which is clearly based on the Tom King Vision run despite none of the family in that book (besides the dog) being involved in the actual show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Marvel uses a lot of the framework for stories they adapt while not tending to use the main plotline other than sort of the premise. Take WandaVision, for instance, which is clearly based on the Tom King Vision run despite none of the family in that book (besides the dog) being involved in the actual show.
    Sometimes they combine them with other stories too. WandaVision looks to me like they combined the Tom King Vision series with the Vision and Scarlet Witch miniseries from the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by deus ex View Post
    Yeah gotta agree with this tbh.

Mutants should live among humans to begin with i think.

Krakoa could be the setting for the x-mens equivalent of avengers:endgame.

I wonder how many x men movies they will make. I assume they will do a wolverine solo aswell.
    They’ll do several Wolverine solos if they know what’s good for them.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mutants have always been around, but no one knows anything about them or ever thinks anything about them...

...when Xavier built Cerebro, he programmed it to automatically make people forget if something is out of the ordinary or attribute it to something else. (Maybe like the Terrigen mists... or radiation... or whatever.)

That also allows him and the X-Men to operate in secret, to identify the mutants that need the most help, extract them, and take them to the school for training.

Aaaaahhhh... but not everyone is affected by Cerebro, though. Those who aren't either need direct telepathic intervention - by the X-Men - or just get written off as crazy.

So... How to introduce the X-Men to the MCU? Well... Thanos's "blip" caused Cerebro to malfunction, due to half of the world's mutant population suddenly returning to life five years younger than they should be. The geniuses are working to fix the problem, but more and more mutants are getting found... and then someone in SHIELD leaks secret files that had been compiled on the mutant issue into the media. Once it hits media, Xavier knows he can't put the cat back in the bag. That sets up mutant persecution in the MCU. BOOM.

Oh... And the person who leaked the files? Mystique working for Magneto.

That's how I'd do it.

They live in another universe and have occasional crossovers with the Avengers' universe. Clean and simple.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 11-12-2021 at 11:53 PM.

I posted this in a thread a few months back and will repost it here.

A few mutants have been around. Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, a few others. Magneto ahs always thought that mutants should be at the top of the chain and rule the world but they were to few in number for him to form an army. Xavier has trained a few mutants but the X Men are not around as of right now. Then the Snap happens. This causes the X Gene to be activated in many mutants both young and old. Some can control their powers while others can not and this leads to accidents and lose of life. This is where the Anit Mutant movement begins.

Magneto now has a group that he can mold into his army. While Xavier sees a bigger need then ever for his school. Fury who has always known about Xavier asks him to train some of his best and brightest as a replacement for The Avengers. Have his new heroes The X Men go up against the big bad. (Not magneto the first movie should be him gathering his followers.) The X Men defeat the big bad and now the X Men are publicly known. Xavier hopes this will help people have more positive thoughts on mutants. That is until at the end of the movie a major mutant terrorist attack happens and Magneto makes himself known to the world.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mutation is a reaction to snap and Avengers messing with the timeline (sneak in tie to Eternals/celestials as well). The last Hulk snap kick start mutantdom big time but they were few mutants before that. Just move on from that point

Optimus Prime and Jurassic World guy who looks like Star-Lord arrive on a quiet island. Armed to the teeth, they're prepared for anything, knowing the silence belies a secret. A beam of crimson fires past Optimus' head. He readies his blaster and Jurrassic Pratt takes out his pistol. From the darkness, a seer of quartz appears.

CYCLOPS: Da Vinky?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate