Page 20 of 292 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It would be weird for the first appearance of the X-men in the MCU to happen in a movie made by Sony. I really doubt it'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm adressing the rumor about Stewart appearing in the next Spider-Man movie, which is mostly made by Sony.
    Contrary to the hype of the record breaking No way home trailer, the reception so far has been pretty mixed, maybe even negative because not everyone is on the Nostalgia board train and Spiderman in the MCU has never really gotten to be Spiderman as we should know him. As a CBR moderator called Frontier said on the TV/Forum No way Home thread. it was way too soon in the MCU to do like a Spiderverse film version.

So I trust myself when I say, Feige is way in over his head with this next gimmick of letting the fox and sony characters cross over because Feige is not capable of thinking outside the box with how to evolve superhero movies as fox and sony could do in their best primes.

I dont think any fox character in the mcu will make a big impact if they cannot match the thought outside of the box approach in their original movies.

MCU should just make an original story of x-men, even if it is the same generic mcu formula movie as was done with Dr Strange and Ant Man. That would still be more reputable than just start letting fox characters start popping up everywhere when no one knows officially what a mutant is in the MCU.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-29-2021 at 03:17 AM.

I wouldn’t mind if MCU x-men was based on Hickmans run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Don't do the O5. They're the most boring X-team (aside from Beast). I'd say use more characters with limited to no appearances in the previous movies.
    Agree that I wouldn’t want only the 05, but they all have interesting story arcs under their belts and I think work well in other X-teams.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Agree that I wouldn’t want only the 05, but they all have interesting story arcs under their belts and I think work well in other X-teams.
    I think they'd work better with other mutants around, not just by themselves. And we saw most of them in movies anyway, even though the portrayals weren't always good. The X-Men should go the route of other MCU franchises and use more lesser known guys.

I think they'd work better with other mutants around, not just by themselves. And we saw most of them in movies anyway, even though the portrayals weren't always good. The X-Men should go the route of other MCU franchises and use more lesser known guys.
    The portrayal’s were pretty much all bad. Scott never seemed like a competent leader and they went HARD on the Boy Scout angle. With Jean they went full “women with too much power are crazy”. They ruined Angel’s Archangel transformation. Bobby was fine but underutilized. Kelsey Grammer’s Beast was good, but then they turned him into a Hulk character in the prequel films which completely defeats the purpose of his angst about his appearance.

I really like the idea of drawing from multiple eras/ generations of X-Men comics, and hope that along the way we get some better adaptions.

Ultimate Member

The portrayal’s were pretty much all bad. Scott never seemed like a competent leader and they went HARD on the Boy Scout angle. With Jean they went full “women with too much power are crazy”. They ruined Angel’s Archangel transformation. Bobby was fine but underutilized. Kelsey Grammer’s Beast was good, but then they turned him into a Hulk character in the prequel films which completely defeats the purpose of his angst about his appearance.

I really like the idea of drawing from multiple eras/ generations of X-Men comics, and hope that along the way we get some better adaptions.
    I think they need to draw on side teams like New Mutants and more recent mutants from the 2000s/2010s, similar to how the MCU is doing with the Avengers. We're getting Ms Marvel and the Young Avengers, so why not get contemporaries from the X-Men?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think they need to draw on side teams like New Mutants and more recent mutants from the 2000s/2010s, similar to how the MCU is doing with the Avengers. We're getting Ms Marvel and the Young Avengers, so why not get contemporaries from the X-Men?
    Except we're only getting Young Avengers long after Avengers, and Ms. Marvel only after Captain Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except we're only getting Young Avengers long after Avengers, and Ms. Marvel only after Captain Marvel.
    Yeah, but do you really want to see Scott and Jean as the same age as kamala? I'd be fine if the X-Men were introduced as already established, but from another universe.

Incredible Member

That would be good considering the X-Men appropriated civil rights movements anyway. They can still have Xavier as a grandpa figure, but I'd expect Marvel Studios to not be tone deaf enough to make someone like Cyclops the face of "civil rights" in the MCU, especially after FaWS directly dealt with real racism

Anyway, Idk how much stock to put in this rumor. Whether it's a recast or not, this movie is already packed. I'd like to see Xavier return in some capacity, but idk if this is at all credible

What are you talking about? Didn't it bomb because it was poorly made, delayed and released during lockdown?
    And this differs how from the MCU X-men movie you guys are talking about?

Yeah, but do you really want to see Scott and Jean as the same age as kamala? I'd be fine if the X-Men were introduced as already established, but from another universe.
    Why would they be… they can be introduced as adults like Shang-Chi, Blade, etc.

Also if you skip to the mutants created in the last decade my girls Storm, Jubilee, and Rogue are left out and I can’t have that

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, but do you really want to see Scott and Jean as the same age as kamala? .
    Sure, why not? Tyke and Kamala's friendship was a delight to read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And this differs how from the MCU X-men movie you guys are talking about?
    Idk what you're talking about.

Why would they be… they can be introduced as adults like Shang-Chi, Blade, etc.

Also if you skip to the mutants created in the last decade my girls Storm, Jubilee, and Rogue are left out and I can’t have that
    I didn't say skip those. Just that they be more of the older crew. Storm could be a leader of an X-team.

Although I don't understand the appeal of Jubilee.

He was brought back from the past, though.

I didn't say skip those. Just that they be more of the older crew. Storm could be a leader of an X-team.
    As she should.

Although I don't understand the appeal of Jubilee.
    This is recent article that mentions her appeal: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/23/x-...istina-strain/

You mention representation a lot and Jubilee is probably one of the highest profile East Asian characters that isn't also a martial arts character.

That would be a good way to do a seperate arc for Scott if they decide for him to join some version of the Champions.

I'm for it, but I get why some people don't want the X-Men to be so young.

Ultimate Member

As she should.
    It would be better than her previous portrayals. I think she could be the main leader of the X-Men in the MCU

This is recent article that mentions her appeal: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/23/x-...istina-strain/

You mention representation a lot and Jubilee is probably one of the highest profile East Asian characters that isn't also a martial arts character.
    She'd be good for representation because she's not a total stereotype (unless you count her using fireworks). I just don't get the appeal of her personality. She's too 90s with her incomprehensible outfit (I feel that way about Gambit too). And she seems to suffer from the opposite problem of Shang-Chi: being devoid of any indication of being Chinese. But I'll check out that article.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That would be a good way to do a seperate arc for Scott if they decide for him to join some version of the Champions.

I'm for it, but I get why some people don't want the X-Men to be so young.
    I just think we've seen those characters young before, and this time the MCU can go in a different direction.