Page 21 of 286 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It would be better than her previous portrayals. I think she could be the main leader of the X-Men in the MCU
    You won't hear any complaints from me. All they need to do is follow the blueprint of Claremont's work with her and they'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    She'd be good for representation because she's not a total stereotype (unless you count her using fireworks). I just don't get the appeal of her personality. She's too 90s with her incomprehensible outfit (I feel that way about Gambit too). And she seems to suffer from the opposite problem of Shang-Chi: being devoid of any indication of being Chinese. But I'll check out that article.
    The author interviewed in that article actually just wrote a short story with her that highlights her upbringing and Chinese heritage!

Here are some modern fan redesigns of the character: https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/07/05/...gning-jubilee/

I'm always of the mindset that every character has potential and that they're just waiting for the right writer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You won't hear any complaints from me. All they need to do is follow the blueprint of Claremont's work with her and they'll be good.
    If she shows up in the MCU, I hope she wouldn't be sidelined for Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The author interviewed in that article actually just wrote a short story with her that highlights her upbringing and Chinese heritage!

Here are some modern fan redesigns of the character: https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/07/05/...gning-jubilee/

I'm always of the mindset that every character has potential and that they're just waiting for the right writer.
    The modern designs are an improvement. I never understood the yellow raincoat thing. But, tbh, I've always been a bit critical of X-uniforms. The individual ones never seem to have a them. They're just stuff. But that's a personal feeling.

I feel like heroes should of their heritage and incorporate the good aspects into their characters, while not being stereotypes or just "ethnic heroes" without any individual characteristics, and reject the bad aspects of their cultures. And non-White heroes need more of a boost to remain visible. That's the ideal for me.

I'll be a bit harsher and say most characters have potential. Some ideas are beyond useable, or have outlived their usefulness. But generally most heroes can be made good IMO

I did read the previous article and I understand Jubilee a bit better now.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If theyre including the Fox films as part of the multiverse, they could potentially build a Krakoa adaptation based around Moira's lives being each of the different X men film continuities. That way they could reboot but keep specific cast members they want.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If theyre including the Fox films as part of the multiverse, they could potentially build a Krakoa adaptation based around Moira's lives being each of the different X men film continuities. That way they could reboot but keep specific cast members they want.
    Good idea, depending on how Moira is written into the lore it's a great set up. I was thinking of an idea expressed in #285 that they should introduce the X-Men a fully fledged nation with leaders but borrow the Age of X storyline of creating a brief haven pocket universe to escape the Thanos snap, that was foretold by a precog and so in the movie they battle against the odds to come out of that universe that was created by Legion and has them fighting for their survival from his mind going unstable ,which they do by the end of the film, that in a moment creates the atmosphere of both post M-Day for those who didn't follow Krakoans/mutants into the pocket universe resulting in the dwindling of Mutant numbers and not coming back for whatever reason (even upon the re-snap) and a sort of en-masse Messiah complex/Necrosha atmosphere with humanity suddenly realising a new appearance of people on earth post Thanos snap.

whatever they do don't use scarlet witch to try to create mutants or some nonsense like that.........that would completely kill my interest in any mcu xmen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    whatever they do don't use scarlet witch to try to create mutants or some nonsense like that.........that would completely kill my interest in any mcu xmen.
    The problem I'd have with that is if she's viewed more as a prop than a character. She has a lot of her own lore independent of the X-Men. So it depends on how it's done

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Using the reveal of who the Power Broker was in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, i would go with a 3 phase plan using a twist on the Power Broker.

Phase 1. Introduce less important mutant characters as super powered henchmen or little oddities in current or upcomming movies/series set on Earth.

This way the MCU gets a series of characters who have unexplained super powers, but aren't as famous or powerfull that they couldn't just be "broad strokes" assets, ala Taskmaster in Black Widow to the common viewer.

In case of the henchmen however they would all have in common that it was the Power Broker who mediated them and offered their services to the respective villains or evil organizations. Similar to how she hired Batroc.
    Make the viewer think that their powers are tied to the "super soldier arms race" that was re-introduced in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and that Power Broker just found another scientist to work on new serums. Being C and D listers would then also make it easier for viewers to not be bothered if they don't survive their appearances.

Characters to use could be the Mutant Force, Alliance of Evil members who weren't Frenzy, some of the shorter lived Acolytes, most of the Dark Riders, some of the Upstarts, some of the MLF, some of the S-men, some of Gene Nation, The Nasty Boys, etc.

But among them, would also be one or two more valuable C-listers who survive and be used again later. Characters who can make an impression but aren't too big.

Phase 1. would then end with a major reveal about the Power Broker. She isn't Sharon Carter. The real one escapes from a prison, where she had been held in since the end of Civil War. The real Power Broker is none other than Raven Darkholm, aka. Mystique and she has been active for a while.

Phase 2. Setting the stage.

Now that the viewer know mutants are a thing in the MCU and that some seem to have been active for a while, the mutants are officialy introduced in the MCU as part of the ongoing "shadow war" on Earth where everyone wants to get their hands on super powered people. This is also when the heros officialy learn of mutant and meet future X-men characters.

For example a hero could encounter FBI agents "Slim" and "Red" in a case about a missing kid who had "weird abilities", only to later learn that they aren't FBI agents as they claim, but that they were just holding up blank pieces of paper "Agent Red" then made everyone belief contained real IDs.

Or a hero could be captured by some pirates in Africa and meeting a friendly black south african in their cell. He tells them he was captured trying to steal something from the pirates back, which they took from a small village, who's "god" he owes a favor.
    He then helps the hero escape by making the wall of their cell "dissolve" off screen and the hero slightly disgusted. Then in the post credit scene he is seen walking in the desert worn out but determinded, only for rain to suddently drop on his shoulder. Cheering and looking up the viewers then see a massive raincloud incomming with a mysterious female figure inside.

Finaly Mutants are properly explained in one movie or series which also features some later X-men members, when "lost" SHIELD files are uncovered to defeat a villain who turns out to be a mutant who got his powers boosted by a secret experiment long ago.

This reveals that mutants have always existed in the MCU, but before the "Thanos Snap" there had only been very few. Like 100 total worldwide at most times.

SHIELD started investigating them with "Project Black Womb" which eventualy got shut down by a young SHIELD agent named Charles Xavier in the 70's, when they begann to performing experiments on children. Xavier himself gathered a team (including the allready 100 year old Raven Darkholm and her lover Iren Adler, a young Magneto, his foster brother Cain Marko and the later villain) and hunted down the now rogue leader of the project.
    Before convincing everyone to burn the files of the project and "forget about it". Only keeping a copy of all files himself.

However ever since the snap the number of mutants is dramatically increasing per year and they soon will become frequent enough that the media will notice. This sets the stage for the X-men movie proper.

Phase 3. The X-men are assembled and the rest of the franchise will follow.

After several of the important X-men and their villains had been introduced in Phase 2. The X-men are officialy gathered when old machination by the long disappeared Xavier and Magneto spring into action, ultimately revealing mutants to the world and changing the super powered landscape of MCU's earth.

The exact team members would depend on the build up and how the story would need them. Though i would go with a good mixture of 05 and ANAD.
    I like! Well thought out and fits well into the MCU
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Contrary to the hype of the record breaking No way home trailer, the reception so far has been pretty mixed, maybe even negative because not everyone is on the Nostalgia board train and Spiderman in the MCU has never really gotten to be Spiderman as we should know him. As a CBR moderator called Frontier said on the TV/Forum No way Home thread. it was way too soon in the MCU to do like a Spiderverse film version.

So I trust myself when I say, Feige is way in over his head with this next gimmick of letting the fox and sony characters cross over because Feige is not capable of thinking outside the box with how to evolve superhero movies as fox and sony could do in their best primes.

I dont think any fox character in the mcu will make a big impact if they cannot match the thought outside of the box approach in their original movies.

MCU should just make an original story of x-men, even if it is the same generic mcu formula movie as was done with Dr Strange and Ant Man. That would still be more reputable than just start letting fox characters start popping up everywhere when no one knows officially what a mutant is in the MCU.
    Feige is over his head just because you don’t like Sony and Fox characters crossing over? A genus billionaire managing one of the most successful overall movie franchises?

Seriously?

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Like I've stated before, they should introduce mutants in a streaming series, that could be "The Mutants." The series introduces the what, when, how and who... the good, the bad and the ugly of mutantkind. It ultimately introduces the X-Men.

Then the X-Men are introduced in their MCU debut film without having to tell the backstory and can jump right into the action. "The Mutants," if received well, could continue on telling the broader stroke stories and feeding into the greater MCU from the mutants perspective.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I hope they turn Scarlet Witch into the mutant race fairy god-mother, she really needs to be at the center of the upcoming mutant tsunami.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Like I've stated before, they should introduce mutants in a streaming series, that could be "The Mutants." The series introduces the what, when, how and who... the good, the bad and the ugly of mutantkind. It ultimately introduces the X-Men.

Then the X-Men are introduced in their MCU debut film without having to tell the backstory and can jump right into the action. "The Mutants," if received well, could continue on telling the broader stroke stories and feeding into the greater MCU from the mutants perspective.
    Allegedly, the first X-Men project under development is titled the mutants and focusing on Xavier and Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I hope they turn Scarlet Witch into the mutant race fairy god-mother, she really needs to be at the center of the upcoming mutant tsunami.

I'm hoping for mutant sorceress supreme with eyeboy has her agammato. I have had a lot of thoughts about what a mutant circuit with them can do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm hoping for mutant sorceress supreme with eyeboy has her agammato. I have had a lot of thoughts about what a mutant circuit with them can do.
    Imagine how cool when Eyeboy decides to change his codename into Vision……
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Imagine how cool when Eyeboy decides to change his codename into Vision……
    LOL thats a damn good one. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

You seem to really be on this. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Allegedly, the first X-Men project under development is titled the mutants and focusing on Xavier and Moira.
    Really? Haven't they already been the focus of several movies? Let's see someone new