Page 25 of 255 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If Proteus is the villain, I'm assuming your idea involves Moira McTaggart as well, right?
    Not much more than just being mentioned. I hope the movies stay as far as they can from her current status. I hate the whole reborn over and over changing things with each life.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they incorporate post retcon Moira they'll use the multiverse instead of resetting time i assume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The problem with a lot of characters is their powers don't translate to live action very well. I love Storm as much as the next person and she works great in the comics. On screen her powers suck and are usually just limited to her throwing lightning bolts. Her powers are really too OP for a team.
    Storm's powers "don't translate very well"? Just because they've botched any sort of character development, doesn't mean her powers are hard to translate - check out Thor and throw in more variety! Easy breezy.

Cyclops is a challenge because that stupid visor or red shades prevent the actor from using his eyes to convey emotion. The films have also screwed up his optic blasts, tending to make them look like red lightning, and often hot.

But Storm? There's just been a lack of creativity as far as she's concerned and if/when they get a capable actress and writers interested in telling her story, she SHOULD be just fine.

The makeup heavy X-Men, like furry Beast and Nightcrawler are also tricky. It usually looks like someone in heavy makeup. There needs to be a decision to make them largely CGI, similar to the Hulk or Iron Man, when the time comes to include them. That blue face paint has been a step above Halloween junk from Target for YEARS. And their hands/feet are equally goofy looking. It's a tough assignment, I know. Nightcrawler is my favorite, but other than quick combat scenes, it looks like an actor in makeup and it's distracting.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

To expand upon the current rumors, it sounds like spoilers:
    Xavier is leading a multiversal Illuminati type team, including Captain Carter from What If. Is it technically still considered an X-Men team even if Xavier is the only real mutant of the bunch?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Storm's powers "don't translate very well"? Just because they've botched any sort of character development, doesn't mean her powers are hard to translate - check out Thor and throw in more variety! Easy breezy.

Cyclops is a challenge because that stupid visor or red shades prevent the actor from using his eyes to convey emotion. The films have also screwed up his optic blasts, tending to make them look like red lightning, and often hot.

But Storm? There's just been a lack of creativity as far as she's concerned and if/when they get a capable actress and writers interested in telling her story, she SHOULD be just fine.

The makeup heavy X-Men, like furry Beast and Nightcrawler are also tricky. It usually looks like someone in heavy makeup. There needs to be a decision to make them largely CGI, similar to the Hulk or Iron Man, when the time comes to include them. That blue face paint has been a step above Halloween junk from Target for YEARS. And their hands/feet are equally goofy looking. It's a tough assignment, I know. Nightcrawler is my favorite, but other than quick combat scenes, it looks like an actor in makeup and it's distracting.
    Yeah, I think Storm can do well in live action. IMO it's the single power superheroes that tend to be somewhat uninteresting in terms of visual appeal.

Ultimate Member

Not much more than just being mentioned. I hope the movies stay as far as they can from her current status. I hate the whole reborn over and over changing things with each life.
    I doubt that'll show up in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If they incorporate post retcon Moira they'll use the multiverse instead of resetting time i assume
    Post retcon Moira fits in very well with the MCU. I think she will appear so that instead of the past of the X-Men being solely shaped by make mutants, we learn that was a woman mutant instrumental as well. You have to think of the current politics.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Moira's retcon fits perfectly, and would be a good way to explain why Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, etc, weren't around to help against Thanos, Ultron, whatnot (she knows the heroes would win without them, maybe even make matters worse if they show up).

In your mind, how does her retcon explain why they weren’t around? Are you saying they were in hiding during those events?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In your mind, how does her retcon explain why they weren’t around? Are you saying they were in hiding during those events?
    Yeah. Wolverine can be explained by him being a loner under the radar who didn't even knew what was going on until later, the other X-men for being too young and possibly not even having their powers (another reason why starting with them as adults is stupid), but Xavier and Magneto doing nothing against Thanos, Chiaturi, Ultron (hell, Magneto could have solved the latter by himself) is harder.

Gotcha. So definitely more of an Ultimate X-men take on mutants then, in that most of them didn’t exist prior to The Snap or whatever. There was a rumor to that effect awhile back.

I think it's easy enough to believe Magneto just didn't care to try to save human cities, especially if he wasn't in NYC or Sokovia at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I think it's easy enough to believe Magneto just didn't care to try to save human cities, especially if he wasn't in NYC or Sokovia at the time.
    I don't think an alien invasion or a murdering robot are good news for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gotcha. So definitely more of an Ultimate X-men take on mutants then, in that most of them didn’t exist prior to The Snap or whatever. There was a rumor to that effect awhile back.
    Yeah, short of them arriving from a parallel universe (which causes problems in itself), you must have something that make the numbers rising now and explains why they weren't around to help against Thanos or Ultron.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Moira's retcon fits perfectly, and would be a good way to explain why Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, etc, weren't around to help against Thanos, Ultron, whatnot (she knows the heroes would win without them, maybe even make matters worse if they show up).
    Why would that need explaining? It happened very fast in the middle of Africa. There was no news crews there filming it. No one outside of Wakanda would have had any idea what was going on there until much latter when the Avengers explained what happened. Same with the attack on Avengers HQ. It happened so fast and was in an out of the way place why would guys like Xavier, Magneto, or any others have any idea. Even if they did by the time they got mobilized and got there the battle would have been over.

Why would that need explaining? It happened very fast in the middle of Africa. There was no news crews there filming it. No one outside of Wakanda would have had any idea what was going on there until much latter when the Avengers explained what happened. Same with the attack on Avengers HQ. It happened so fast and was in an out of the way place why would guys like Xavier, Magneto, or any others have any idea. Even if they did by the time they got mobilized and got there the battle would have been over.
    Hard to believe they have no idea what's going on due to Xavier's powers, and Ultron particularly was very much all over the news, plus there's nothing much to mobilize with Magneto.