Page 250 of 276 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4135
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    At least you picked two very talented ladies. The only person that cool play you is a fool.
    I have no idea what you just said but i agree my casting choices are inspired. Lizzie would bring a lot fun and pizazz to bishop.

I didn't notice this before. But Deadpool & Wolverine is also credited as a 20th Century Studios property. Does 20th Century Studios still technically own the film rights? That would kinda make sense since the last X-Men movie (New Mutants) was only 3-4 years ago and so their deal with Marvel has not expired yet.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 03-21-2024 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    You're onto something there with Xavier's background. I think if we're getting a reboot, and we're focusing on the same characters, then it makes sense to at least explore aspects of their backstories that haven't been highlighted before. Say what you will about the Andrew Garfield TASM films, they covered aspects from the comics that the Raimi films didn't - Gwen Stacy, the fate of Peter's parents etc.

Xavier's ties to the FBI incidentially were sort of covered in First Class - albeit the FBI was swapped for the CIA and Fred Duncan was reimagined as the 'Man in Black' (whose real name may well have been Fred Duncan, for all we know). But that is a fascinating element to unpack - the idea that Xavier worked with the government, at least to begin with, and that the X-men started out as a covert arm of an federal agency. And it would actually work well with the MCU where, by and large, superheroes have worked with the government, despite some tension. How would that play out in a context where the government, and much of civil society, is involved in the oppression of mutants? How do the X-men feel about being agents for an establishment that is, at the very least, complicit in discrimination against their kind? And yet, its not black and white of course, because the X-men are helping keep the peace and working, at least notionally, towards a better world...

As far as race-bending goes, I'm opposed to it for any major, iconic characters where it will inevitably trigger a political shitstorm and be viewed as a bad faith gesture by large sections of the audience (assuming of course, that it isn't actually one). That apart, the idea of reimagining Magneto's backstory in a more modern context does fascinate me at a purely creative level, but right now I feel any attempt to do that will be contentious, to say the least.

I'll be happy to finally have an American Xavier rather than inexplicably (though I think they did explain) British Xavier from Upstate New York...
    I did think it might be interesting to gender swap Xavier in a new installments and have Cassandra be the good twin. Alas with her role in DP&W movie, that is not to be.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I didn't notice this before. But Deadpool & Wolverine is also credited as a 20th Century Studios property. Does 20th Century Studios still technically own the film rights? That would kinda make sense since the last X-Men movie (New Mutants) was only 3-4 years ago and so their deal with Marvel has not expired yet.
    Probably going to tie in with the scene with the 20th Century logo that leaked.

Because if that's the case, they probably would've had to credit 20th Century with Multiverse of Madness and using former Fox characters, but they didn't.

Saw this actor, Glen Powell, from TOP GUN: MAVERICK being bandied about for MCU Cyclops: He's got the look, for sure. Hopefully some charisma too to avoid the folly of previous Cyke actors where it was hard to see why Jean would be with him except for him being the only/best option on campus at the time.

He’d be my top choice for Slim Summers for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Probably going to tie in with the scene with the 20th Century logo that leaked.

Because if that's the case, they probably would've had to credit 20th Century with Multiverse of Madness and using former Fox characters, but they didn't.
    That's probably because those characters only had minor roles. Similar to how Spider-Man had a minor role in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame. But Sony wasn't credited on those films.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 03-21-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He’d be my top choice for Slim Summers for sure.
    Glen Powell definitely benefits from having eyes with the squinty factor to be visor friendly. It looks as if we won't be missing a lot of expressions by his eyes being covered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'll be happy to finally have an American Xavier rather than inexplicably (though I think they did explain) British Xavier from Upstate New York...
    I did think it might be interesting to gender swap Xavier in a new installments and have Cassandra be the good twin. Alas with her role in DP&W movie, that is not to be.
    Xavier coming across as British in the films doesn't bother me that much, especially when you consider that he studied in Cambridge as per First Class. Plus, his family is of British ancestry. But his nationality is clearly American.

EDIT 10char
    Last edited by Gnostic; 03-23-2024 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Image was too big

Rad. Where’d you find that?

Also, fixed it…

IMG_9442.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-23-2024 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Rad. Where’d you find that?

Also, fixed it…

IMG_9442.jpg
    It's official promo art.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    It's official promo art.
    https://twitter.com/kepleravocado/st...490884/photo/1

Very cool. Thanks.

Production Weekly: ‘UNTITLED X-MEN REBOOT’ to begin production late-2025!

https://www.productionweekly.com/