Page 268 of 288 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4320

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i heard someone say channing tatum is in it
    DEADPOOL AND WOLVERINE Rumor Points To Larger Roles For Two Particular Characters - SPOILERS
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...0587#gs.7smtcc
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    No. I'm telling about when Wade traveled back in time to the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and killed the Weapon 11 version of Wade.
    Oh okay, that makes more sense.

Not really. The time stone can alter history without creating alternate timelines.
    I get that, but I mean it still doesn't explain a universe where time travel works differently instead of having alternate branches like we've seen in the MCU thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think it's out of character at all. It's just the execution and delivery. It felt more natural coming out of Reynolds, for whatever that's worth. It just feels tryhard here.

I'm also someone who thinks Deadpool is basically just lolrandom meets edgelord humor and I just don't find much of it funny. Like, those movies will always have a line of two that get a laugh out of me, but I just find the whole thing kind of corny.

I also have reservations about trying to do any sort of serious story with a character who's gimmick is constantly taking you out of the movie by pointing out that it isn't real. It's a little too Bugs Bunny for me.
    I feel like that isn't really true of Reynolds' take or certain interpretations of comic Deadpool. Like, despite his personality and sense of humor, his books and the movies have tackled some serious emotional stuff even if they're still 80% an action comedy at the end of the day. Kind of like the Guardians movies in a way (just more self-aware).

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I get that, but I mean it still doesn't explain a universe where time travel works differently instead of having alternate branches like we've seen in the MCU thus far.
    Did you see the second season of Loki? Loki was sending mind back in time like in Days of Future Past and he didn't create any alternate branches. Clearly it depends on the method of time travel.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-22-2024 at 09:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that isn't really true of Reynolds' take or certain interpretations of comic Deadpool. Like, despite his personality and sense of humor, his books and the movies have tackled some serious emotional stuff even if they're still 80% an action comedy at the end of the day. Kind of like the Guardians movies in a way (just more self-aware).

But that's just me.
    I didn't think the Guardians movies balanced that very well. I know that's not a popular opinion, but when Gunn tries to be serious or sentimental, it comes off as superficial to me. I'm suddenly supposed to be sad over Yondu, the human trafficking space redneck and murderer that hasn't been made sympathetic at all? Or the dumb Peter Quill dancing scene that undercuts the tension of that climactic moment? I just find his serious moments very cloying.

With Deadpool, I just can't be emotionally invested in a story where the main character keeps pointing out its fictional and talking to the viewer. Those movies get some laughs out of me, but I find the 4th wall breaking gimmicky and I think it'll be really annoying--like Jar Jar Binks level annoying--having that character in any movie where we're supposed to care about the stakes.

It's a very specific gimmick and sense of humor that works for some people, but is immensely annoying to those of us that it doesn't work for. I just can't imagine watching something like Infinity War and being able to care about anything that's happening when some annoying Looney Tunes character that can't die keeps making corny jokes about the movie studio and talking to the audience. It's abrasive and it takes me out of the movie.

I get that that kind of humor works for you and I'm not disparaging you for it. But comedy is really subjective and if it doesn't land for you, a character like that can ruin the movie for you.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-22-2024 at 09:27 PM.

Did you see the second season of Loki? Loki was sending mind back in time like in Days of Future Past and he didn't create any alternate branches. Clearly it depends on the method of time travel.
    Is Loki S2 required viewing for this movie do you think? I saw the first season but was disappointed with the finale and depiction of Kang so didn't bother with S2.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I didn't think the Guardians movies balanced that very well. I know that's not a popular opinion, but when Gunn tries to be serious or sentimental, it comes off as superficial to me. I'm suddenly supposed to be sad over Yondu, the human trafficking space redneck and murderer that hasn't been made sympathetic at all? Or the dumb Peter Quill dancing scene that undercuts the tension of that climactic moment? I just find his serious moments very cloying.

With Deadpool, I just can't be emotionally invested in a story where the main character keeps pointing out its fictional and talking to the viewer. Those movies get some laughs out of me, but I find the 4th wall breaking gimmicky and I think it'll be really annoying--like Jar Jar Binks level annoying--having that character in any movie where we're supposed to care about the stakes.

It's a very specific gimmick and sense of humor that works for some people, but is immensely annoying to those of us that it doesn't work for. I just can't imagine watching something like Infinity War and being able to care about anything that's happening when some annoying Looney Tunes character that can't die keeps making corny jokes about the movie studio and talking to the audience. It's abrasive and it takes me out of the movie.

I get that that kind of humor works for you and I'm not disparaging you for it. But comedy is really subjective and if it doesn't land for you, a character like that can ruin the movie for you.
    I don't 100% disagree myself but I also find a lot of surprising heart in Deadpool stuff and in Wade's efforts even if he's very self-aware and humorous about them.

Hey everybody let’s stay on topic and not take personal opinions too….personal. So it’s either LFG, or LIFG (let if f**king go lol, just trying to lighten the mood)
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I think, instead of making Cassandra Nova a boring telekinetic, they should have given her the "tentacle" psy power signature look from the comics (New X-Men 116).

xmen116.jpg

Let's hope we will at least see her origin story in the womb fighting with embryo Xavier.

Still disappointed that they haven't cast Sigourney Weaver for the role......
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-22-2024 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Rumors about the trio still exist. Rogue was originally part of the speculations but now people are saying they haven't heard anything more with her and it seems like she's been cut out. But we know specifically with Famke Janssen and Halle Berry that the people who work with them on all their movies are credited on IMDB with this movie. I think their personal assistants or stylists or something like that.

And Famke released a statement about how she's not in the movie...which was identical to what she said before DOFP.
    I think the large division in rumors between those four is because Anna’s scenes were/are likely separate from the Marsden/Berry/Janssen trio - that is, if everything with the Fox-men isn’t just completely cut, reshot, and/or retooled during the May reshoots to save more folks for Secret Wars after the success of XTAS 97.

Like you said, Halle and Famke’s assistants listed themselves on the IMDB last year, but were forced to delete (ditto Channing Tatum’s stunt double and one of Dafne Keene’s assistants). Plus, early rumors about Marsden, Janssen, and Berry mentioned that they were going to be digitally de-aged, which likely meant they appear(ed) either in flashbacks and/or restaged scenes from the OG Fox trilogy.

Meanwhile, I’m guessing any Rogue scenes would take place in the “present” - or at least another timeline. (Wasn’t one of the older plot rumors that Magneto succeeded in killing Baby Rogue with his machine in the timeline that this Wolverine comes from?) Plus Paquin’s been very clear that she wanted to play the flying brick instead of a damsel if she ever returned, and The Marvels teased an opportunity for that with the reveal of Maria Rambeau’s Binary hanging out with Kelsey Grammer’s Beast.

Feige kept pushing back release dates for XTAS 97 and The Marvels, and since both allegedly set up this movie (with the latter also setting up Secret Wars), that can’t be coincidence. Also keep in mind that the Binary and Beast scene from the end of The Marvels was originally meant to take place at Avengers Tower before it was changed to the mansion. Some leakers started hinting at it tying into Rogue when the scene leaked, and hints at Rogue returning picked up steam with leakers again after Deadpool went into post-production (some as recently as March). Since the MCU hasn’t started casting their X-Men yet (that we know), that most likely means Paquin, or at least another Rogue variant(s), will still pop up in Deadpool.

This month, Paquin started doing press again for the first time since fall 2022 (aka about the time when Reynolds started lining folks up for the movie). She didn’t hide her current use of her mobility aids. After two years of skipping every red carpet or other public commitment she’d normally participate in, that almost made it feel a little like a soft launch - maybe for someone anticipating getting thrust back into the publicity machine this summer?

Every time she’s been asked about playing Rogue again, her answers have been coy, like the others: denying she’s in the movie, but making clear she would participate if asked.

(…which is why I’ll actually be pretty annoyed if she is somehow the only one excluded and the situation is handwaved a la Kiki Dunst - ie “oh they weren’t excluding her, she just couldn’t do it because she was pregnant / dealing with chronic illness!”, when the actress in question corrects: “actually, I could have still done it - they just never asked me.”)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    DEADPOOL AND WOLVERINE Rumor Points To Larger Roles For Two Particular Characters - SPOILERS
    https://comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/...0587#gs.7smtcc
    I think that Tatum`s Gambit will play a big brother\menthor role to X-23 and helped her to survive without Logan.

Also saw some pure speculation that scene with Deadpool and Logan walking the street will have in final edit Gambit, X-23 and Taylor`s Dazzler.

Astonishing Member

I wonder, if there are any plans for Keen and Tatum to stick around, maybe with prospect of Laura becoming the main Wolverine in MCU after Secret Wars, and Tatum keeping the role he wanted for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    I think the large division in rumors between those four is because Anna’s scenes were/are likely separate from the Marsden/Berry/Janssen trio - that is, if everything with the Fox-men isn’t just completely cut, reshot, and/or retooled during the May reshoots to save more folks for Secret Wars after the success of XTAS 97.

Like you said, Halle and Famke’s assistants listed themselves on the IMDB last year, but were forced to delete (ditto Channing Tatum’s stunt double and one of Dafne Keene’s assistants). Plus, early rumors about Marsden, Janssen, and Berry mentioned that they were going to be digitally de-aged, which likely meant they appear(ed) either in flashbacks and/or restaged scenes from the OG Fox trilogy.

Meanwhile, I’m guessing any Rogue scenes would take place in the “present” - or at least another timeline. (Wasn’t one of the older plot rumors that Magneto succeeded in killing Baby Rogue with his machine in the timeline that this Wolverine comes from?) Plus Paquin’s been very clear that she wanted to play the flying brick instead of a damsel if she ever returned, and The Marvels teased an opportunity for that with the reveal of Maria Rambeau’s Binary hanging out with Kelsey Grammer’s Beast.

Feige kept pushing back release dates for XTAS 97 and The Marvels, and since both allegedly set up this movie (with the latter also setting up Secret Wars), that can’t be coincidence. Also keep in mind that the Binary and Beast scene from the end of The Marvels was originally meant to take place at Avengers Tower before it was changed to the mansion. Some leakers started hinting at it tying into Rogue when the scene leaked, and hints at Rogue returning picked up steam with leakers again after Deadpool went into post-production (some as recently as March). Since the MCU hasn’t started casting their X-Men yet (that we know), that most likely means Paquin, or at least another Rogue variant(s), will still pop up in Deadpool.

This month, Paquin started doing press again for the first time since fall 2022 (aka about the time when Reynolds started lining folks up for the movie). She didn’t hide her current use of her mobility aids. After two years of skipping every red carpet or other public commitment she’d normally participate in, that almost made it feel a little like a soft launch - maybe for someone anticipating getting thrust back into the publicity machine this summer?

Every time she’s been asked about playing Rogue again, her answers have been coy, like the others: denying she’s in the movie, but making clear she would participate if asked.

(…which is why I’ll actually be pretty annoyed if she is somehow the only one excluded and the situation is handwaved a la Kiki Dunst - ie “oh they weren’t excluding her, she just couldn’t do it because she was pregnant / dealing with chronic illness!”, when the actress in question corrects: “actually, I could have still done it - they just never asked me.”)
    Thank you for this exhaustive write-up. This makes me feel a lot better about Rogue still being in the movie because if they had cut her out of this one too, there really would be no shame. It makes sense that her scenes wouldn't necessarily be with Marsden, Janssen, and Berry here. I'm hoping this means she actually shares screentime with Channing Tatum's Gambit because if we have Rogue and Gambit in the same movie but they're never even onscreen together, what even was the reason?

If Rogue's not getting de-aged, especially if one timeline is where she's already dead, at least we'll see her in the present. I remember you told me before that she was originally supposed to be in The Wolverine and even Logan, so it's nice that we'll finally get some present-day scenes with her and Wolverine.

Anna's definitely been very vocal about wanting to play the comic version of Rogue with flight and super strength and all so there's no excuse to neglect her. I remember I thought Kirsten Dunst was a given to return in the MCU and it shocked me when she didn't show up. And of course she exposed everyone, saying she wasn't even asked to come back but she would have done it. I have no idea how she got neglected so I hope this isn't a case where Anna got similarly snubbed. But I really can't see how they'd exclude her especially with an emphasis on a 90s X-Men team and Gambit making his next cinematic appearance.

I had no idea that Anna had been suffering. That's awful and I feel so bad for her. Hope she's recovering! If she really is showing up in public again, there probably is a reason for that, although I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too much because I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't show up. She's the one people seem most unsure about so I hope it really was just a case where everything she filmed was already done. I know people online are saying that Marsden and Janssen filmed their scenes pre-strike. In Anna's case, the lack of any more news on her involvement would make sense with this illness so I hope everything she was able to film before makes it in and this isn't another DOFP/Rogue Cut case. And honestly, I'd be just as annoyed if we got a Rogue variant not played by Anna, but like you said, there hasn't been any news or even rumors about any recasting.

I remember XTAS 97 kept getting pushed back but I never made the connection that it was being done right before this movie's release. Also had no idea that the original ending for The Marvels was supposed to be at Avengers Tower before it was changed to the mansion. It definitely all ties together...

Why does MCU keep de-aging old women? First Aunt May, then Agatha, now Cassandra...And Madame Web is technically Marvel too